Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Forums

Username:  
Password:  
Log me on automatically each visit
Register 
It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 4:11 pm
Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Discussion Forums   
If you have trouble logging in or encounter any issues, please send an email to webmaster@ctzcc.com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:59 am 

Paul,

It's actually a 78 280Z. I replaced the picnic table front bumper with an early 260Z front bumper. The turn signal and turn signal finisher from a late 260 on up will work. The grille is 77-78 specific as it is shorter than the earlier cars.

Where will you be heading in NY?

Joe

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:57 am 

Joe ~

Did you locate a hood yet? We still have an undented hood and hinges on the Club Partz Car ('71 240) which only has a few little pinholes in the leading edge.

Cheap to a CTZCC member like you, and we could arrange some kind of relay-delivery system to get it closer to you.

Nobody makes any money off this partz car. All partz are very cheap (no part less than $5, no part more than $50 [engine, gearbox, diff]. A hood should be around $20, made as a donation to the CTZCC. Hinges should be $5 each).

The only caveat is that the buyer must agree to use the partz for his own Z, not turn them for a profit. We're just trying to help our members fix their carz, not make money! (We could have sold them on eBay for more!) It's an honor system thing.

Pictures?

Frank

Last edited by Frank T on Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:02 am 

Joe had ordered the last NOS hood from Nissan last week. It is on the way from Cali :wink:

1976 Fairlady Z

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:54 am 

Hi Frank,

I appreciate the offer!

As Clive stated, I have a new Nissan hood on the way. I have already acquired a new fender from Nissan and have located a head light extension locally. Still looking for the turn signal pieces and a grille but I'm making progress.

The adjuster gets here on Wednesday. I'll let everyone know how I make out.

Joe

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:08 pm 

Partz car should have the same side lamp equipment your 280 has, yes?
No? Same body.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 8:48 pm 

Well things can go from bad to worse, when an insurance company is involved, in an instant! I knew I had the car underinsured since I had it insured for what I paid for it, $4k. No matter that they were going to give me, I knew I was going to fix the car. I figured the most they would go would be 3k which would be 75% of the insured value. Wrong! How about they consider it a total loss and want to give me $650 if I keep the car! Best part is, I already have the car fixed for a grand total of $2468 which is well below the over $4k the adjuster said it would cost to fix. This is the first time I have ever had an insurance co say the amount of the damage was more than it actually is. Geez. When will this nightmare end?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 9:12 pm 

The insurance companies are ruining us. Joe, FYI, I went to the DMV to register my 240Z and they wanted to charge me sales tax for the purchase of the car, I didn't have the bill of sale with me so they suggested I just pay tax on the book value of the car. It's a 72Z. I said OK what's the book value going to be $2500 or so??...and I'll just pay the 8% tax on that....well she gets on the phone with Albany and they give her a book value of $11,000! Needless to say I left the DMV and found my bill of sale. I did NOT pay anywhere near that for the car. When I went back, they interrogated me over registering this car.

Now I want to know, is that the same book the insurance companies use? I am telling you, we the people, always get screwed!!!! I join you in the pissed off'ness.

How many things do you have insured with this wretched company of yours?

I know it's a day late and a dollar short, but get yourself on Hagerty and call your own shots!! As a matter of fact, call Hagerty and explain your situation. I bet you get some solid advice from them even though you are not a current customer. Explain how many Z cars you have that you plan to get on their policy.

:evil: