Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Forums

Username:  
Password:  
Log me on automatically each visit
Register 
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:44 am
Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Discussion Forums   
If you have trouble logging in or encounter any issues, please send an email to webmaster@ctzcc.com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2021 8:18 pm 

Early Wednesday morning Johnny Z and Frank T mustered together out on the highway and drove their Zs to Thompson Motor Speedway. We discussed a future club meeting there with General Manager Scott Mayo. The weather was brilliant and warm and the traffic seemed appreciative of our classic 240Zs.

Scott met us before our scheduled appointment and spent about 2 hours showing us around the track, then squeezed us all into the pace car (Chevy Camaro) for a trip around the course.

He took us to the air-conditioned bar, restaurant, and meeting hall, where we discussed holding a CTZCC meeting. The track was active during some of our visit. An Asian car club ran a variety of cars, from mundane to exotic, at speeds btwn 70mph and 170 mph. Drivers and appreciative observers walked out of their way to photograph our Series-1 Z cars, which made me very happy.

After a familiarization with the grounds and a briefing about the operations available, Scott sat with us and discussed details about a future CTZCC meeting at the track. Our Fearless Leader John Kish made some exciting arrangements which you will be really happy to hear about.

When John and I left the track, a small group of racers, observers, and track staff gathered together at the exit to wave goodbye and photograph our cars once again. We stopped at a couple roadside restaurants on the way home and wolfed down some cheeZe dogs, cheeZeburgers, and milkshakes, but somehow I managed to lose a pound that day. I put 200 miles on my Z and look forward to doing that again as soon as possible. Thanks for another great Z trip John, and for orchestrating yet another exciting event for the Club.
:thumbs_up: 8) :thumbs_up:

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2021 10:22 pm 

YeeHaw!

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2021 9:47 am 

Further to Frank's recent post, I wanted to let you all know that we are planning an event soon at Thompson Speedway. I am currently working with their director on timing for a club meeting, events that we can see and accommodations for our club meeting. This should prove to be an enjoyable CTZCC meeting event for all of us and our family members.

Please stay tuned for further postings on this upcoming event!

In the meantime, I urge you all to check out Thompson's website (their link is provided below) for a good overview of their facility, events and driver programs.

http://www.thompsonspeedway.com/

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2021 4:07 pm 

This is going to be great fun. I'm looking fwd to the chance to get a lot of Clubbies together at a race track again. Park together, talk together, destroy our diets with some shamelessly decadent snacks and deserts, maybe even set up our own BBQ and watch the cars scream past. A nice lap or two around a new circuit will be something to write home about, too.

Jolly good show, John! Keep up the momentum. :thumbs_up:

Frank

Attachments:
File comment: Picture your Z here!
Thompson-Aerial-Shot.jpg
Thompson-Aerial-Shot.jpg [ 479.28 KiB | Viewed 2332 times ]