Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Forums

Username:  
Password:  
Log me on automatically each visit
Register 
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:43 am
Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Discussion Forums   
If you have trouble logging in or encounter any issues, please send an email to webmaster@ctzcc.com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 5:03 pm 

I also plan to attend Wednesday! Thanks for putting this together John, it's been too long!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 5:24 pm 

Uncle Phil! Please bring your old zxt so we can gather around it in the parking lot?!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 9:43 pm 

I am planning on attending Wednesday. Been way too long. Don’t currently have a Z car, so I’ll be in my truck. But I am very interested in learning more about the new Z Proto, (400Z), and catching up with old friends. Maybe the 400Z will be my 4th Z once it’s available :D

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2021 9:19 am 

Looking foward to seeing you guys tomorrow evening. I have the basics in order, thanks to Paul Jensen. If there are any needs or you'd like to speak to me before you come. My email is Quinn.Bannon@gmail.com and 203 819 6080 is my cell.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2021 10:14 am 

Address: County Line Nissan, 2191 Straits Tpke, Middlebury, CT 06762!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2021 10:36 am 
Site Admin

Forecast for tomorrow: Blue skies, lots of sun, cool temps and good timeZ!

Looking forward to seeing everyone tomorrow at awesome County Line!

Thanks to Quinn for hosting us and to the new CTZCC team for putting this event together!

- Jim

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2021 5:04 pm 

Looking forward to being there!

93 300ZX NA

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2021 6:58 pm 

Allen Brown and I will be traveling to the meeting together in my 280Z. Can't wait to see you all again! It has been too long.

Thank you Quinn for hosting and thank you John for coordinating!!!

Ross

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2021 8:19 pm 

:thumbs_up: Hoorayyy! :thumbs_up:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:48 am 

I'm still trying to get my Golf League opponents to arrive a bit early so we can finish in time for me to make the function. I'd be traveling from Hebron so a longish ride with a late'ish start. They still work so it's a function of it they can get out early. So hopefully I'll make it, though a tad late. If Not able.... Have Grand Gathering indeed. And yeZ, if absent it'S OK for Frank to eat my ZliceZ of pie!!! :roll:

'03 Z33 Touring 6 spd Chrome Silver (~stock)
'09 GT-R Super Silver... Lusty Enough As Is!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2021 11:12 am 

Frank,

The 280zxt is now in the capable hands of my son Josh now. He lives just down the road from County Line and is super excited about attending.

I will be taking the 370z Roadster.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:32 pm 

I'll be there! Sadly without my beloved 300zx but I'll still be driving a Nissan (Frontier).

Take care and see you in a few hours,
Jeff

Jeff in East Lyme, CT
'94 300zx Fairlady Z, Black Emerald

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2021 7:59 pm 

Great seeing everyone and motivating me to get 777 back on the road!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2021 8:15 pm 

Thanks to all who worked so hard to make this meeting possible. It was a great to see the Z community is still alive and well. I had a great time. Looking forward to the next one.

93 300ZX NA

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:32 pm 

Wow, wow, wow. What a great time we all had, and what a great Club this is!

More than 50 members arrived in more than 2 doZen Z cars to officially kick-off the 2021 Zeason at County Line Nissan. After 3 years of separation, this was like a happy family reunion! I've seen fewer people at weddings! :lol:

Great thanks to our volunteer leader for 2021, Johnny Z (John Kish) and volunteer Paul Jensen, who together spearheaded tonight's wonderful meeting. The two of them coordinated the event with our member Quinn Bannon of County Line Nissan and it couldn't have had a better result. John also convinced CTZCC founder and President Emeritus Ross Williams to dust off his legendary magic Weather Wand; that gave us bright clear skies, low humidity and warm sunshine all day.

Among the 50+ attendees were Ross, Jimmy Hagani, Uncle Phil Parent (and son Josh), our photographer Alan Dempsey, this year's Groupen Fürer Johnny Kish, Paul Jensen and son Connor, CTZCC plank owner Alan Brown, Adam 12 from Sandy Hook, Vinny Bedini of the West, Colin the Elder; then Big Al Babik, Gary Tylinski, Paul M and Sammy Chamois all from the Far East, Surfer D (but without his #777 240Z), our host Quinn Bannon of course, and several doZen other cherished family members.

A dignitary guest was the daughter of the famous racer Johnnie Parsons, who started from 5th position to win the 1950 Indy 500 against such legends as Bill Holland, Mauri Rose, Joie Chitwood, Tony Bettenhausen, Troy Ruttman, Jim Rathman, Fred Agabashian and Dick Rathmann, beating them all by a full lap or more in his Kurtis Kraft racer. The Parsons family spawned younger successful racers in the following generations, and we'd love to hear that family's stories at a future meeting.

Quinn gave us a 20 minute update on all the info known about the forthcoming 2021 "400 Z" (not the official name yet), and answered questions after the presentation. Quinn also fed us with piZZa and soda, and a delicious strawberry cream cake with chocolate and coconut frosting mysteriously appeared (and disappeared), courtesy of a member's generous wife. Yum.

Paul Jensen surprised us all with very generous gift mementoes; a valuable 11-function Victorinox Swiss Army pocketknife for everyone who brought a Z. Each knife has a black and white side, with graphics of the new "400 Z" on both sides. The knives were presented in their own new boxes. Great thanks and a standing ovation for Paul; every one of us will use these wonderful gifts for miles and years to come. I just know many of us are still up late, exploring all the blades and tools of these great little knives at home. (Buy stock in BandAids :lol: ).

After the food and soda were gone and the meeting was dismissed, everybody moved to the parking lot and strolled among the cars, trying (vainly) to catch up on 3 years of untold Z stories. The weather remained perfect; I didn't see even a single mosquito, and a beautiful full moon rose over us before it even got dark out.

NOTE: [The mystique of Uncle Philly's old 280ZXT (now owned by his son Josh) continues; somehow, for some reason, about a doZen of us all silently gravitated to the car to stand together and talk for the final hour of our night together. There is never any conscious effort to do that; for the past 10 years or so we have just suddenly looked up and realized we had congregated around that particular car. It's a little weird. Out of a parking lot full of two dozen Z cars, when we say goodnight we all look up and find ourselves in front of Phil's old ZXT. Stephen King could probably do something interesting with that].

After about 4-1/2 hours together we began to break up and start our drives home in that cool air, under clear skies and that big full moon. It was one of the most-enjoyable meetings I have ever experienced, and every time I feel that Swiss Army knife in my pocket I will remember it. Thanks again to Paul, Quinn, and especially Johnny Z for making this happen. Can't wait for the pictures to begin appearing.

Plans are in the works for more meetings and track days at Lime Rock and Thompson Motor Speedway, and as many smaller road trips as our members can organiZe.

This is such a great Club.

Well done, all.
Bravo, bravo!

Frank T