Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Forums

Username:  
Password:  
Log me on automatically each visit
Register 
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:53 am
Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Discussion Forums   
If you have trouble logging in or encounter any issues, please send an email to webmaster@ctzcc.com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2021 10:06 pm 

Entered my z33 in the Saturday show, never been to the event before. Should be a blast, hope to see some members present...

Attachments:
20201018_165105.jpg
20201018_165105.jpg [ 1.69 MiB | Viewed 2073 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2021 12:24 am 

We have 3 members down that way this year; you might run into them there.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2021 2:44 pm 

Carlisle car shows are massive, and it's a great venue. The fairgrounds are large and there always seems to a huge turnout of cars entered, plan on not being able to see them all in one day. I've been to a dozen events there, all different types of cars and always a great time. Wear a hat though, as there is no shade to speak of.

I strongly suggest figuring out lodging well in advance if you will be staying because the hotels fill up fast. Also leave earlier than you think you need to to get to the show because the town gets very jammed up with traffic on event days. Honestly, give yourself an extra hour, even if your hotel is only a 10 minutes drive from the venue.

Jay

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2021 8:04 am 

I've been going to shows there on and off for the last 30 years. Import/Kit car is my favorite, but I have been to the Spring, Summer, Fall, and the Corvette shows. Book the hotel room asap. The import show usually doesn't sell out, but the hotels will. There is also RV and tent camping spaces. I myself like the idea of getting 2 vender spots were you can drive through with small camper and car on trailer, then get a show spot as well, throw a few parts for sale on the trailer, (leave it all hooked up,) and call it the show. I like to stay the full time and watch a vacant field grow into a show and then break down. Also that way you are not stuck in traffic, and spend all day getting your camper and trail straight and just right. You will see how tight it gets there and you will understand why early is a good thing. You can live on the food served on the Fair grounds, or as far as other places to eat, well keep in mind it's a college town and the show, so just have to deal with the crowd but there is some places walking distance or drive a few miles. Grocery store is to the right when exiting the gate, it is fairly new and has the best Sausages in the world IMO. There is also a low key bar up that way as well. Also some nice country roads to go take a ride on. Across the street from the grounds is a river to walk to with a mysterious cave. You will have fun, and it's also the Z car East Coast Nationals. Not sure I'll make it this year, but was planning on next year. "Enjoy The Ride"