Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Forums

Username:  
Password:  
Log me on automatically each visit
Register 
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:28 am
Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Discussion Forums   
If you have trouble logging in or encounter any issues, please send an email to webmaster@ctzcc.com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2020 7:57 pm 

Hi all,

I'm sorry for the very late notice but I just received this information today.

Jim Frederick has invited our club to participate in a virtual Christmas Party tomorrow at 1:00pm. If you don't know who Jim Frederick is, he is the owner of what has become known as "Z-Mecca" in Florida. He has probably the finest collection of early and pristine Z's in the world, including now Rick Morgan's car #13.

No masks required!!!

To join, click on the link below at 1:00pm

Join Zoom Meeting
https://us05web.zoom.us/j/83263114928?p ... BRRVp5Zz09

Meeting ID: 832 6311 4928
Passcode: x4ECPU

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2020 8:45 pm 

This should be a great event. Jimbo's "Z Mecca" is certainly the greatest collection of early (two-and-three-digit) 1969-1970 240Zs on the east coast and probably in the country. Most of the cars have provenance connecting them with important people we all know or grew up hearing about. The two most-recent additions to Z Mecca have been Rick Morgan's "Lucky 13" and his 28,000 mile HLS30-00171.

Because Jimbo is our member, all his cars are members of the CTZCC "Virtual Stable". 8)

World renown Z aficionado and authority Carl Beck will be in attendance as well.

Our Executive Director Bob Sharp will also be in attendance. Bob has a special announcement to make and he hopes to talk with as many of us CTZCC Clubbies via ZOOM as possible. Pass the word!

In a year when we haven't had much Z activity going on due to the pandemic, this sounds like an excellent way to reunite with our Z buddies for the happy close of a very tough year.

Z y'all there,
Frank T

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2020 12:40 pm 

I saw some familiar faces on the ZOOM call yesterday. Jim Hagani, Paul Mackin, Greg Emmons, Adam Perry, Allen Brown, John Jeffries and of course Jim Frederick, Carl Beck and Bob Sharp!

The call started about 15 minutes late due to technical difficulties. But once it got going it was the next best thing to being there! Visiting Z Mecca is on my bucket list and I plan to be there in person for next year's Christmas party (Covid permitting).

Again, sorry for the last minute announcement but the whole ZOOM call was thrown together the day before.

Hope all of you are staying safe and healthy!

Ross

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2020 3:57 pm 

I couldn't make my sorry 1989 computer load the Zoom thingy, so I missed this and still don't know what Bob Sharp's secret message was :(

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2020 9:09 am 

That was Great, thanks for that Ross, if I didn't have my tech assistant I would of missed it. I hope I wasn't making all the noise trying to figure it out. I defiantly wasn't typing. :roll: Good seeing everybody, I hope next year is better and we can go in person. :thumbs_up: I thought I had a good size Hot Wheels collection, but man he has more real 240z's than all my Hot Wheel Z cars combined. :shock:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2020 11:07 am 

Frank T wrote:
I couldn't make my sorry 1989 computer load the Zoom thingy, so I missed this and still don't know what Bob Sharp's secret message was :(

Hey Frank,

Bob's announcement is that he is working on publishing a book on his racing career. My understanding is that Scotty Cole will be instrumental in providing documentation, photos, editing, etc. and that Art Singer of ZCCM will be the publisher. They are attempting to get Nissan involved but that has proven to be difficult in the past. I'm sure Scotty could provide more exact information than me.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2020 11:12 am 

Thanks for the notice! I attended the session as well, although I did not have a camera or mike on my desktop computer. Glad to see some familiar faces and that great collection of Jim's early Z cars. :thumbs_up:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2020 7:28 pm 

Darn! I need to check in more often.
(Frank, they now have these electrically powered computers replacing the '89 steam powered version. You might want to check it out...)