Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Forums

Username:  
Password:  
Log me on automatically each visit
Register 
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:08 pm
Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Discussion Forums   
If you have trouble logging in or encounter any issues, please send an email to webmaster@ctzcc.com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2019 1:01 pm 

Some of us Z folks are planning to meet at the Dunkin Donuts located at 3 Main Street in Winsted CT near RT 8 at 12 noon tomorrow (late notice, I know :roll: ). We then plan to grab a quick lunch at the Caddy Shack in Canaan CT off RT 7 and take a liesurely drive though the area.

If interested, meet us at the DD in Winsted! Weather looks good, foliage is colorful!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2019 4:58 pm 

See you there ! ! ! 8)

75' - 280Z - HLS30203249 - #304 Gold Metallic (stockish)
96' - 300zx TT - JN1CZ24d3TX960293 - Black on Black (enhanced)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2019 10:24 am 

We dd this a couple years ago, and it was good fun. Pretty good hot dawgs, too.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2019 4:53 pm 

Well it turned out to be just Karl and I this time but what a great trip! :thumbs_up: The weather was cool and crisp with lots of sun illuminating those fall colors. We happen to meet and old client of Vinny's at our rendevous at the DD in Winsted. "Sal" just got off of his gorgeous red 2004 Honda Goldwing when he started asking us all about our Z's and mentioned that he had previously owned a 280Z that Vinny B had worked on for him. After about 20 minutes of car talk, he uttered those familiar words, "I gotta get another Z"! :lol:

Karl and I then headed out on 44 West , were greeted by a passing yellow Jag E type roadster then eventually connected with RT 7 North at the Caddy Shack in Canaan CT where we took a bio break and ordered some lunch. The folks there were complimenting us on the cars and I got to meet a new friend, a 7 year old Bassett hound named "Hector". To top it off, Karl even bought me lunch!!

Driving though Great Barrington generated lots of smiles and "thumbs ups" from the folks crossing the main street. Fall brings out lots of tourists to this little town in the Berkshires. We followed RT 7 North to RT 23 East had took this scenic country road back to RT 8 in Otis MA. We followed RT 8 South until we crossed back into CT then took a left at the Colchester reservoir boat ramp for another bio break and a drive on the bumpy reservoir road which was all above water as the reservoir was very low. Awesome scenery and views from the road.

Finally, Karl and I split where he took RT 8 North to catch 57 East to go home, while I stayed on RT 8 South all the way back to the Valley. Great "last minute" trip with 185 fun Z miles of classic New England scenery. There is still time left for a few more of these fun runs!!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2019 6:39 pm 

Well written post, and I can almost smell the hot dogs and French fries they sell.

"Sal" might be the Massachusetts dentist we know. He is a Clubbie who has been with us for over 8yrs that I know of. Hope you reminded him about the picnic next weekend?

Darned decent of Karl to buy you lunch! Did you guyz bring the Z Gals?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2019 9:50 pm 

It was a blast . . . . john forgot the part about when he was going slow on a multi lane section of Rt 44 . . :lol: . . but I waited for him to take the lead back . . . :mrgreen:
I had never been by the Colebrook reservoir before it's very big but it was cool to drive on the roads that are submerged when it's fuller.

The ride back for me was through area's that I hadn't been on in many years, all in all a great day driving. 8)

Thanks John for the idea. :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: 8)

75' - 280Z - HLS30203249 - #304 Gold Metallic (stockish)
96' - 300zx TT - JN1CZ24d3TX960293 - Black on Black (enhanced)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:15 am 

Aw, just saw this post today. I was free and could have joined. Bummer........

Jeff in East Lyme, CT
'94 300zx Fairlady Z, Black Emerald