Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Forums

Username:  
Password:  
Log me on automatically each visit
Register 
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:28 pm
Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Discussion Forums   
If you have trouble logging in or encounter any issues, please send an email to webmaster@ctzcc.com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:09 am 

Good morning!! :D
It's a beautiful day to be a Z.
Let's do this!

Frank T

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 3:26 pm 

What a spectacular day to drive a Z, thanks again to Ross and Brenda for hosting a large group (over 75 cars) at your home. We look forward to it every year. Great Time, Great people and great diversity of cars. :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: 8)

75' - 280Z - HLS30203249 - #304 Gold Metallic (stockish)
96' - 300zx TT - JN1CZ24d3TX960293 - Black on Black (enhanced)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:55 pm 

Thanks to Ross and Brenda for their wonderful hospitality. CTZCC Outing #14 was special. The weather was perfectly perefect, the attendance was above and beyond.
I hope the album created works for all to see. Please make me aware if you cannot open the posting.

Alan

https://photos.app.goo.gl/GMZZZXR9kNDzCVPa9

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 10:19 pm 

Great photos Al, thank you!

What a wonderful experience this was (after we wended our way thru 4 miles of standstill traffic on the Merritt pkwy; I drove 4 miles in 90 minutes and was late to the dance :roll: ).

Perfect weather, really good turnout, and about 100 Z cars nd an outstanding Roadster. We can get 70 cars onto the front lawn and when we tuck another couple doZen into the side yard and along the "street" (Ross' curbed driveway) we approach 100. Cars were stacked several deep, so we'll know the count after all the pictures are in. Also, cars came and went throughout the day. It is a lot of legwork to get a really good count these days. That's just the way we like it.

Several Z clubs were represented today, from CT, NY, NJ, MASS and possibly some others we missed. It was wonderful to zee old friends and to make some new ones. Members from far-off lands sent their greetings to us. We were hoping for a surpriZe visit from Mike Rosann, but he's busy out there in Utah.

The food was good and nobody died. I pigged-out on some great deviled eggs and got the final hotdog bun. Z-Queen Brenda Williams (whose lawn we wreck every year) was the constant backstage manager who kept everything moving smoothly; she really is the wind beneath the wings of this annual event and even her daughters (all grown up now ~ that makes me feel so old!) pitched in to help us all enjoy ourselves. Thank you, Brenda; very well done, indeed. I know you'll spend the next two months apologiZing to your neighbors for the disturbance.

The parts table and merchandiZe table were just about empty at the end of the day, which was the intent. I saw no long faces; everyone was smiling and having friendly conversations with people they'd never met before, and old Z buddies were overheard describing 100-mph chases and new Z improvements since they last saw each other. Vinny Bedini, Rick Morgan, Alan Brown (one of the founders of our Club), Jimmy Hagani, Uncle Phil Parent, the comedy team of Mike E. and Tom W. from upstate New Yawk, Clive Bogle and his members from NYZCC, tons of guys from the Jersey club, and several members of the Z Car Club of New England proudly represented their clans. I thought I even caught a glimpse of other old faces in the crowd (Barry? Was that you?), but never got to talk with them. I guess I could name about 1/2 doZen members who WEREN'T there; it seemed all the others we knew, were. John and Mike Kish missed a great time.
Jimbo Frederick in Florida (https://youtu.be/zN-Z6Zt8F1U) missed us because his wife bought tickets to ZZTop for tonight; at least he's doing something "Z".

Thor's daughter Laura Link and her boyfriend George visited and added some class to our event. Thor is our member in Germany. He discusses classic cars on German TV and has been here several times for our events. He bought an early '71 240Z here and shipped it to Germany, where they are extremely scarce. Each time he takes it to a show it brings home a trophy, and people tell him it is the first real 240 they've ever seen. Daughter Laura has remained here about 5 years now and is graduating UConn, headed for Post-Grad studies in CT. It was great to zee her and George and altho they didn't look like they ate enough, they both seemed to have a good time.

This event marks the 50th Anniversary of Datsun's release of the 240Z to the American market. Our cars are now really 50 year old classics, and several of our members attended the very first-ever Concours d'Elegance for the Datsun Zs held in Lake George this summer. Our member Rick Morgan owns HLS30-00013, the first car produced for sale on the American market on 22Oct69. That car will officially turn 50 years old on Tuesday of next week. Prices on our cars have shot sky-high almost overnight, with no ceiling in sight. Parts cars are now selling for $8-10 thousand dollars and several important 240Zs are for sale at a million dollars. One auctioned off this year for over a million. Mine's not for sale, thanks anyway 8) . Classic car insurance companies are not hesitating to insure older street 240s for $30, $40 and $50,000. If it's old and it's all there, they recognize its replacement value.

We all joined forces and sang our Founding Father and President Emeritus Ross Williams a happy birthday, led by our Z-Queen Brenda Williams. Ross tolerated it admirably.

I took a ton of photographs today but of course I can't download them onto this website. I will pass them on to some other member who has a real computer which can communicate with the outside world.

Thanks again Ross and Brenda, for once again affording the Z community the very best free picnic in the state. It was great to zee everyone again.

Frank T

Last edited by Frank T on Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:03 am 

A special "THANKS" has to go out to our CTZCC Webmaster. It was the younger and more agile, Jim Hagani, who ventured out on Ross' balcony to shoot the traditional panoramic group photo of this super event. Kudos, Jim!

Alan

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:18 am 

Thank you Ross, Brenda and family for putting up with the local Z community again this year.

We had a great day and it was nice seeing the club members again!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:25 am 

Seems you Z guyZ had a great day at Ross‘ „Z Mecca“.
I‘m very glad that Laura and George joined the event.
They had much fun and took plenty of pics.
I really hope to attend this outstanding Fall Outing
before the Z gets 60. Thanks Frank for your review.

ZeeyouZoon

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 11:31 am 

Once again as the previous posts have expressed...would like to THANK Ross & Brenda for their unwavering support and hospitality for this Fall Outing and all the rest these last 14 years...such a great day to be surrounded by all those Z-Cars and the passion it brings by these club members as Frank T eloquently posted !!!!

I would also like to especially Thank and give a shout-out to all of the club members that came to my rescue with my overheating issues (Clive, Diego, Jim H, Joe from Howard Beach, Juan, and all the rest) ....I did make it home and ready to que up an order for a new radiator.

z-ya at the next meet.....

-Al Brown
'77 280z

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 3:15 pm 

Thanks again to Ross and Brenda and family for hosting another great fall outing. As usual it was a fantastic event...

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 10:39 pm 

Indeed!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:57 pm 
Site Admin

What a spectacular day! Thanks, as always, to the tireless work of Ross & Brenda (with some help from Graham and Danielle)!

Be sure to check out this year's iteration of Alan's masterful panorama-stitching skills - the photo is now on display on the club homepage. Click on the image to see it in full resolution.

I'm already looking forward to #15!

Have a wonderful, safe winter everyone!

- Jim

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 11:47 pm 

Good photography Al and Jimmy.
I count 97 souls in this photograph, including the ones waayyy out by the wall and the small cluster far over on the left trying to start a Z. Jim and Alan taking pictures from the sniper's nest make 99, Brenda and the kids in the kitchen make 102, plus whomever might have been using this diversion to have the food table all to themselves without competition. A good turnout; one of our top-5 for sure.

Counting the cars will take a bit of effort. I see 63 Zs visible in this photo, but we must also study pictures of both side yards.

What a great day! Thanks again, Ross; another great page of achievement in the best free car club, ever. :wink: :thumbs_up:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 3:31 am 

Thanks Ross and Brenda for another great Fall Outing, thanks to the volunteers, chili was great and weather was perfect. :thumbs_up: and all the Z's :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: