Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Forums

Username:  
Password:  
Log me on automatically each visit
Register 
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:29 pm
Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Discussion Forums   
If you have trouble logging in or encounter any issues, please send an email to webmaster@ctzcc.com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 9:44 pm 

By the way, the address for your GPS is:

60 Whitehollow Road
Lakeville (or Salisbury) CT

You'll arrive at LRP along Rte 112, then turn uphill onto Whitehollow Rd, a narrow, twisty backwoods slightly uphill affair. You'll see the big signs. Go slowly and you'll arrive at the main ticket gate. You'll know when you are near; there will be about a mile of classic cars all around you waiting to get in, too. :) Good PhotoOp while you're waiting in line. Bring your photographer and your navigator.

Last edited by Frank T on Sat May 25, 2019 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 6:28 am 

Good to hear the leg is working Karl! :thumbs_up:

Mike and I along with my granddaughter will be at the track this morning (Saturday) to catch some of the racing. Looks like the weather may hold out for the weekend. See you guys Sunday! :)

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 7:38 am 

This is beginning to look good. Current weather is for a "possible shower early".

I too will aim for a 0930 arrival. Looking forward to a great day!

Alan

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 9:39 am 

DAMN
Weather lookZ good and Zhould be a Grand Event with fellow car enthusiastZ.

Unfortunately I should and will (reluctantly) have to pass - This Year anyway.
I'd love to attend with my '91 TT. But still healing from very recent major surgery. Such along ride (especially with a manual) on top of walking and standing for hours would not be good. I could consider taking a non manual (GT-R or other) to reduce clutch action, but doubt that would be enough to become advisable with other physical demands so soon. Should be in a better place in a month or so should something else pop up... down the road.

'03 Z33 Touring 6 spd Chrome Silver (~stock)
'09 GT-R Super Silver... Lusty Enough As Is!

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 10:21 am 

I know I'm not one of the regulars, but I'll be bringing the 73 out that way for this. Looks like a great time and I love LRP . . .I'm coming from Central MA and it looks like it cuts me down through Hartford area and across Rt4 / Rt63? If I'm going past anyone, more than happy to link up and cruise in.

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/252+Wes ... 1558854000

Nate

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 11:00 am 

It will be good to zee you again Nate; bring your camera and leave your hood open so everyone can admire your DET-20 conversion. :) :thumbs_up:

PS; for those of us who have temporary walking problems, I NOW learn that LRP contracts with a golf cart service out of NYC who rent carts for such events. They require about 3-4 weeks advanced notice but we'll know next time. First guy there can ask the track officials about any carts maybe being available for Sunday; you can usually fit 4 guys on one and split the cost.

**EVERYONE PLEASE REMEMBER we each represent the Club individually and anyone who sees our cars knows that. We are guests and, like every CTZCC meeting or event, must be on our best behavior. We are a Club, not a gang. PleaZe try your best to smile and drive courteously, let your pretty lady wave to everyone and above all, pleaZe don't drive over anybody or scare them with your big monster car. We've never been asked or told not to return to any venue and we sure don't want to be asked not to return to LRP! Thnx.

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 10:57 pm 

Weather forecast is wonderful for Sunday. It's 70*F when we get there, 80*F when we leave, with part clouds and sun, and a breeZe 5-10mph all day.

Let's do this! :mrgreen: :thumbs_up:

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 5:44 am 

It's a good day to be a Z :D

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 5:22 pm 

I had a great time with this and now I'm home tired, sore, sunburned and happy. I put nearly 200 miles on the Z today in perfect weather.

Thanks to all who turned out for this event. We gave a good show of about 2 doZen different cars (some came and others went) and were joined by several members of out-of-state clubs who parked along with us. We passed a few individual Zs shown along the straightaway as we were coming in; they soon moved to join with us at our Big Bend parking spot. The crowd was good; we always had a cluster of a doZen happy people gathered around the cars, learning Z history and telling stories of their youth; either they once had a Z or they always wanted one. Karl brought his 300zx rocket ship which became the eldest car shown and I think my own was the earliest; we had no 350s or 370s today except Alan's.

Thanks once again to Johnny Z, who seems to know every secret hidden backroad in this state. I followed him the back way to LRP, avoided tons of traffic, and saw a dead road-kill black bear along the shoulder of Rte 8-N. John's '71 240 sounds like angels singing on the highway. People beeped and waved at us all along the trip up and back, and I saw a lot of kids in the back seats of passing cars, video our Zs.

At the park there were plenty of old friends and we made some new ones. The Z simply attracts everyone. I actually saw Tom Wasney walking in the crowd, but he totally ignored my shouts and just kept on walking toward some BMW display. Alan and I walked the whole straightaway together, filming cars, talking with owners and firting with the prettiest girls. The girls just flocked around Alan, begging for his attention. He remained a perfect gentleman.

When I figure out how to get my new camera married to my old computer I will post some pics. Anybody who has already mastered that technology is invited to share their pictures (ALAN, HELP US!)

Even tho LRP didn't figure out that it was mandatory to Half-Mast our National Colors on Memorial Day, our day was well enjoyed, with lots of laughter and camaraderie.

There's just something special about being able to devote a whole day to your favorite car. 8) :thumbs_up:

Last edited by Frank T on Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:21 am, edited 4 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 9:02 pm 

Great Z day today at LRP! :thumbs_up:

Loved the drive up along with Frank's Z sporting those great sounding twice pipes.

There were so many folks stopping in to see our Z's and sharing all their Z stories with us that I never got much of a chance to walk down the Sam Posey Straight to view all the other automobile eye candy. Uh, except for that gorgeous red 1965 Ferrari 275 GTB parked across from us which almost made my heart stop. :mrgreen:

Lots of fun, sun and sunscreen.

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2019 4:47 pm 

In response to Frank's plea for photo help, I have pasted the photos I posted on Facebook. Sorry if I missed anyone. I tried to use my google album site but was unsuccessful. I hope it's because they have altered the procedures. I'd hate to admit I've lost my touch!!

This show was a good one. The weather was near perfect. Heard somewhere they is another scheduled for autumn.

https://www.facebook.com/alan.dempsey.3 ... 478&type=3

enjoy,

Alan

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2019 7:07 pm 

Awww, that page is not available to me. :?

Well, I can just squint my eyes real tight and still see most of the cars.....

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 4:49 pm 

Alan, only people on your friends list can see the pic's. :wink:

75' - 280Z - HLS30203249 - #304 Gold Metallic (stockish)
96' - 300zx TT - JN1CZ24d3TX960293 - Black on Black (enhanced)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 5:15 pm 

Well, that narrows it right down! :lol:
:mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:31 am 

I don't use Facebook :(