Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Forums

Username:  
Password:  
Log me on automatically each visit
Register 
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:10 am
Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Discussion Forums   
If you have trouble logging in or encounter any issues, please send an email to webmaster@ctzcc.com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:38 am 

I'm announcing this in a couple categories because this one idea applies to several aspects of our Club.

When we lost our devoted member Bill Moreau last month, it occured to me that we Clubbies have more than 9 years of photographs of Bill which his family has never seen. In fact, most of us have pictures of him we haven't even shared with each other yet. Bill made almost all our Monthly Meetings and nearly every event we offered during his 9 year membership with us.

This project asks you to send us any and all pictures you might have of Bill over those years, to be included together on a disc to be given to Bill's family for Christmas.

This isn't hard. Our Webmaster and President Emeritus Jim Hagani has volunteered to receive all pictures we have of Bill and disc them.

Jim has set up a dedicated email address for us to send all "Bill pictures" to:

billmoreauphotos@gmail.com

Please search your archives and send all your photos of Bill Moreau to that address. Please be "photo-generous" so we can show Bill's family how much fun we had with him behind their backs. Consider how much this might mean to your own family if the story were about you.

Thanks in advance for all your generous photo donations. :thumbs_up: We shared a lot of miles with Bill Moreau.

Frank

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:33 pm 

Big thanks to those who have sent in "Bill Pics" already, and a reminder to those who still have some, that your contributions are important. Bill was with us for 9 years and, as you can imagine, his family would love to Zee what fun Bill had with us. Please search your archives and forward any pictures you have of Bill Moreau to:

billmoreauphotos@gmail.com

Thanks!
Frank

Attachments:
_MG_9711.jpg
_MG_9711.jpg [ 121.52 KiB | Viewed 5164 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:36 pm 

This will make one heck of a nice gift for them.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:16 pm 

I am happy to report that our Club submitted about 200 excellent photos of Bill Moreau and the best ones were choZen for a disc. Thanks to each and every one of you who took the time to pore through your archives and send us your best shots of Bill during his 9 years as a member of the CTZCC.

Very special thanks to our incredible webmaster, Jim Hagani, who put together an excellent photo slideshow and enclosed the disc in a presentation case. Jim did a really professional job on this project and I'm especially grateful to him for doing it over the busy holiday weeks. This was the Moreau family's first holiday zeason without Bill and this made a fitting and meaningful gift.

I considered one of the 200 photos exceptional and had several copies of it printed and framed for members of Bill's family. It was a completely candid shot, not posed at all (in fact he looks unaware it was being taken) with blurred background and him in sharp focus. I can't even tell you who submitted it or at which event it was taken, but it's a great shot.

Bill's family and I made several attempts to meet so I could present the disc in person. Despite our best efforts, the holidays, travel, family illnesses, distance, heavy weather or unexpected work obligations conspired to foil our every attempt. We finally agreed it was best just to mail the package to a family member so they could finally all enjoy it.

Bill's daughter Amy volunteered to receive the package and sends the Club heartfelt thanks on behalf of Bill's entire family. She was heartfelt and moving over the phone and here's her message to the Club:

"Hi Frank!

The special delivery was so touching! Just got done watching the slideshow and love the framed picture of dad. Please pass along our thank You’s to the CT Z Car Club for being so thoughtful and generous. I can’t wait to share all of this with the family.

Hope all is well!
Amy"

Z ya.
Frank

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:01 am 

Thanks also to you Frank for taking the point on this and following it through.
Makes me proud to be a member seeing how we care for each other.

:thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:

75' - 280Z - HLS30203249 - #304 Gold Metallic (stockish)
96' - 300zx TT - JN1CZ24d3TX960293 - Black on Black (enhanced)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 5:59 pm 

Well done Frank, Jim and all of those that contributed to Bill's family's memories. :thumbs_up:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:59 am 

Frank,
So glad you handled the presentation of photos to Bill's family. I know they were pleased with what was done at the CTZCC outing.
We will all miss Bill very much.
Alan