Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Forums

Username:  
Password:  
Log me on automatically each visit
Register 
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:47 pm
Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Discussion Forums   
If you have trouble logging in or encounter any issues, please send an email to webmaster@ctzcc.com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:50 pm 

ANOTHER DATE FOR THE CALENDAR?

I just figured I'd do my fair share in posting car events for 2017 and posting them as I get them. This is a "once a year" car event that's run by the largest newspaper corporation on Long Island. This is a family oriented, daytime outing with a very large number of vehicles of all makes, models and years. WARNING: The first 50 photos from the "2016 Event"(link to event is below) are boring, so be patient and :shock: at the rest of the beautiful rolling works of art. I'm not sure if there's a fee to show a car or not but will find out some time after March 22, 2017, when the registration begins and add it to this posting. :)

SATURDAY, MAY 20, 2017
Rain Date: Sunday, May 21
Gates open at 11 a.m.
(Car registration will open on Wed., March 22)

On the lawn at Newsday Headquarters
235 Pinelawn Road, Melville, NY
Entrance off Ruland Road, 1 block north of main entrance

Entry to this event is free. Download printable tickets and bring them with you to the event.
This event is handicapped accessible.
Restrooms will be available on site.
Exhibition hours are from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Live entertainment will be provided throughout the day.
The event grounds are a designated NON-SMOKING area.
NO alcoholic beverages are permitted on site.
There are NO designated spots: all parking is on a first-come, first-serve basis and will be filled as such.
There is NO outdoor cooking allowed. Food vendors and refreshments are available.
NO PETS ARE PERMITTED ON SITE.
Inclement weather: In the event of inclement weather, please call 631-843-2666.

Voting Procedures

Voting will take place throughout the day, ending at 3 p.m. The winners of each category will be announced by 3:30 p.m. Winning selections are strictly based on the popular vote of our patrons.
Car Show Awards will include these categories:

Best in Show
Best Paint
Best Engine
Best Interior
Best Original/Unrestored
Best Radical Custom
Best Motorcycle
Best Foreign

LINKS:
https://www.newsdayevents.com/field-of-wheels/
https://www.newsdayevents.com/gallery/#

Events Location
NEWSDAY CORPORATE OFFICE
235 Pinelawn Road
Melville, NY 11747
Tel: 631-843-2666
Entrance to the parking lot is on Ruland Road

Howard J

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:56 am 

Well, their show rules are identical to our own and the judging is just like we do it, too. This might make sense.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:56 pm 

So... I registered my 300ZX on March 22, 2017 for this free,"no cost", May 20, 2017 Car Show. Entree to this event is also FREE to spectators as long as you remember to download and print ticket(s). Registration (to participate in showing your car) closes once they reach the capacity of their "participant" parking lots and their adjoining grass field.

I've never seen a single Z at this event. That WILL change this year when I attempt to represent classic Z's to the best of my ability. Feel free to join me if you can.

Howard J

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:00 am 

Just read about Melville NY. Their PER-CAPITA income for the 20,000-residents is over $125,000.00 each :shock: That considers every man, woman and child. :!: The average price for a house there is $900,000.00.

I guess we can count on the lawn being mowed when we get there.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:37 pm 

No Dandelions either :P

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:29 pm 

:lol:

Gee Howie, maybe you should Recon the price of hotdogs before we commit to this? I mean, if they're $40 apiece and then they charge you $5 for mustard, I might lose my appetite.

And is parking free? Free entry is not much consolation if they charge me $60/hr to park. :roll:

(Hey, maybe we could even get Jay to make the 3hr trip from Scranton? Wonder if his 260 will be trusty enough by then?)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:16 pm 

Frank T wrote:
Just read about Melville NY. Their PER-CAPITA income for the 20,000-residents is over $125,000.00 each :shock: That considers every man, woman and child. :!: The average price for a house there is $900,000.00.

Whoa. :shock: Wrong part of town. This area, where the car show will be, is primarily all commercial, some agricultural fields, some industrial and some "Quiet Rest" acreage. :) :) :o

Google map link: https://www.google.com/maps/place/235+P ... 73.4063608

When I TRIED registering my car last year, in mid April, I was told that I would be put on a waiting list and would be notified if additional space became available. :wink: That never happened, of course. :( I had waited too long. So I was once again, a spectator. And enjoyed the day anyway. I'm planning on being at their location, with my confirmation letter, sometime before 8am to ensure that I'm not, literally, out in left field. This newspaper facility is huge, with probably five hundred plus "free" parking spaces. The later that spectators arrive, the longer the walk to get to the entrance into this event. Food costs from the usual food vendors should probably be standard ($8.00 - Sausage and Pepper hero. Yum. Drool...drool).

Just REMEMBER to print (after downloading) the "free" tickets if you're going to make the trip. An old saying holds true: "No ticky, No washy." (No disrespect intended.) IF other CTZCC members ARE planning on showing their Z, maybe :idea: we can meet up somewhere and drive in together. :?: Feel free to attend using your daily driver if you just want to experience a fun day out looking at vehicles with wheels. 8) :thumbs_up: :D

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:45 am 

Frank T wrote:

That's a LOT of zero's, I must admit. But nowadays, if you're not making 100G a year you most likely will have to move back in with mom and dad. The 20, 30 and 40 thousand dollar a year jobs of "yesteryear" (which was GOOD money - back then) won't even get you a one bedroom rental, and enough money to buy food with. Just think of what our Z's cost then vs. what they would cost today. 125G isn't that much any more. That's sick. :shock: :( Welcome to 21st century living. :twisted:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:45 am 

The Per-Capita income of a town is the total gross income the whole town makes, divided by the total number of people living there; adults, children, infants. It's the average each living human could have if they divided the town's GDP evenly. The Per-Capita $125,000/yr isn't a salary; it's what everyone would get if they pooled everyone's income and divided it evenly among all residents. Melville could afford to give each man, woman, child and grandparent $125,000/yr, whether they worked or not.

I know everything's relative (and timed). One of my favorite snowy-day pastimes is researching the Demographics of American cities and towns across the USA and comparing them to my own town's Demos. I find that most US communities (probably 80+%) have Per-Capita incomes of just a few thousand dollars. Certainly there must be a number of High-Dollar jobs involved to average that number, but the majority of Americans in various states appear to be living commonly well on incomes less than $50K a year, and in many areas on just half that.

Melville might not be the richest CDP in America, but it has the highest Per-Capita income I've ever seen, anywhere. Even fabulous Newport Rhode Island has a PerCapita income of "only" $35,000; Greenwich CT has $93,000. I find Melville's $125,000 Per-Capita income staggering.
Just saying'.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:02 pm 

:lol: Welcome to Lawn Guyland.
Z land of opportunity. :P :lol: 8) :mrgreen: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 2:04 pm 

Frank T wrote:

Melville might not be the richest CDP in America, but it has the highest Per-Capita income I've ever seen, anywhere. Even fabulous Newport Rhode Island has a PerCapita income of "only" $35,000; Greenwich CT has $93,000. I find Melville's $125,000 Per-Capita income staggering.
Just saying'.

Maybe the people that live in Greenwich and Newport just hire better accountants ! ! :P :mrgreen:

75' - 280Z - HLS30203249 - #304 Gold Metallic (stockish)
96' - 300zx TT - JN1CZ24d3TX960293 - Black on Black (enhanced)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 4:05 pm 

Haha! Good one, Karl. :mrgreen: :thumbs_up:

Like the old Soviet Russians would say, "It's not the man who casts the vote who has the power ~ it's the man who COUNTS the votes who has the power". :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 6:56 pm 

Maybe the people that live in Greenwich and Newport just hire better accountants ! ! :P :mrgreen:[/quote]

Maybe these people ARE their accountants ??? :P :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 10:00 am 

Just a reminder : Car Show is Saturday - May 20, 2017. Tickets are FREE. You just have to print them out from the website. It's a fairly large car show and has about 500 parking spots for spectators and you can't beat the price. I'll be there with my "Survivor" sign atop my Z and working on my tan. Lol. :thumbs_up: 8) :mrgreen:

link: https://www.newsdayevents.com/field-of-wheels/

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 8:22 am 

Saturday - May 20, 2017 :shock: Looks to be turning into one heck of a BEAUTIFUL day for a car show, with temperatures expected to be around 70. :thumbs_up: :D Don't forget to print out your FREE tickets before making the trip. Z ya! 8) :mrgreen: