Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Forums

Username:  
Password:  
Log me on automatically each visit
Register 
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:38 pm
Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Discussion Forums   
If you have trouble logging in or encounter any issues, please send an email to webmaster@ctzcc.com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
  Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:32 pm 

Please read Ross Williams' Important post in the What's New Forum: Topic = CTZCC Enters a New Phase.

The following is something I posted many years ago (3-13-2009) when I served as Events Director. This will become more relevant in the upcoming season to keep us all engaged in z related activities.

---------Here's the original post:
A Fun Run is an Event that’s sole purpose is to give club members a venue to hang out together, drive their Z’s to, and see some of the great places to visit in Connecticut and neighboring states

Who Schedule’s a FUN RUN ? Any Club Member with an Idea. This is your club.

What kind of FUN RUN should I do? We have such a diverse membership the sky’s the limit on what would be FUN. All Events should be Family Friendly when representing the CTZCC.

SOCIAL RUNS: Coffee at your Office or a Coffee shop, invite us to meet at your favorite Burger Joint or Diner, Hang out at your house or Garage! Etc. Great for Evenings and Weekends. The New Jersey Club has a regular Thursday Night Burger Meet as an example.

DAY TRIPS: Pack a Picnic Lunch, Pick a cool location with concessions and Head out to a Nice Park or Tourist Attraction. We may even see some spouses or significant others if the location warrants.

TECH MEETS: Wrenching in your garage and need help, or don’t mind us watching, invite us over to see your project. DYNO Days: For those that want to measure the fruits of their labor to gain more power. If you know a Dyno Shop, find out the cost and the minimum amount of cars that need to show and go for it.

CRUISES: Map out a fun and safe route to cruise with a few stops along the way with a place to eat at the end. It's fun to be able to roll with a bunch of Z's along some of the beautiful country roads in the Northeast.

ATTEND Partner Z Club Meets: Pick one of the Partner Meets you would like to attend and invite fellow CTZCC members to caravan to the event with you. Represent the CTZCC in numbers wearing your CTZCC Polos, hats or fleece.

Basically, If you like to do something, there must be others that would love to join in. Come up with it, Post It in "Upcoming Events", Own It, and Enjoy It!

A FUN RUN CAN RESULT IN A GATHERING OF 2 or 30 Z’s. IT’S All FUN!

----------------------

That was it and we had some nice events that members came up with back then. When you post in in the Event's forum be sure to add as much detail in the subject line so we can figure out the event with our first look into the forum. For Example: Instead of "Old Saybrook Meet"..... I would put this in the subject Line: "MEET: Old Saybrook, Sat, 3/3/16, 1pm - Island Cove Marina"

I'll plan a meet sometime in April at the Marina to try to kick off the season....unless someone beats me to to the date...then I"ll, plan the next one.

Z you out there!

1976 Porsche 912E. #163 of 2200 - SOLD (3 years owned)
2018 BMW 330i GT xdrive daily driver
2004 BMW Z4 3.0i ….it is a Z

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 10:02 am 

Hey Keith,

Thanks for getting the ball rolling on this! Fun Runs are a great way to see new places and forge bonds with other club members.

I look forward to participating in them.

So please members, "post away"!!!

Ross

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:37 pm 

This is a great idea, and I'm sure this will keep club members actively engaged in fun Z related activities.

I'd love to see everyone at the Father's day car show at Nay Aug Park in Scranton, PA! My post is listed here in the upcoming events section, the details are listed there. I'll be going and I believe my good friend Bill will bring his gorgeous 260z as well.

Jay

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]