Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Forums

Username:  
Password:  
Log me on automatically each visit
Register 
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:08 pm
Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Discussion Forums   
If you have trouble logging in or encounter any issues, please send an email to webmaster@ctzcc.com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Re: ZCON 17
PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 8:42 am 

Picture says it all. :thumbs_up:

Attachments:
IMG_4757.JPG
IMG_4757.JPG [ 1.41 MiB | Viewed 3925 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 8:47 am 

:thumbs_up:

75' - 280Z - HLS30203249 - #304 Gold Metallic (stockish)
96' - 300zx TT - JN1CZ24d3TX960293 - Black on Black (enhanced)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 11:04 am 

Wow, that's the second picture Big Al has had taken beside Matsuo-San in the same lifetime. He even got a haircut!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:46 pm 

I and the two loves of my life finally made it home around 7:30 this evening. Decompressing right now, but will put something together over the next few daze. Helluva trip!
Al

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:01 pm 

Welcome home.

Having driven #02807 across the US or Canada three times, I know well what you went thru. But I was in my 20s and 30s then.

Ahhh, but I was so much older then, I'm younger than that now.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 12:18 am 

Let me just preface it all with, having lived it up in Austin ('84-'07), I just had to enjoy the drive; and a drive it waz...

Launched early Fri am 6/16, a couple of 800 mi stints and 300 mi on Sun put us at a friendz place in Austin, where we chilled for a day.

Checked in Tue, a few hrs ahead of the Mack/Patty (RI Z patriots) show.
Lobby encounters: Jim Arnett, Mad Mike Taylor.

Opening reception was billed at appetizers, but came out as full course Tx bbq (a good sign) followed by the Z Club of Tx and Courtesy Parts hosting yet another kick butt Chili Party, and then down to close up the hotel bar with some of the Ontario types (Good people).

Wed found us rigging tail/plate lights (didn't need dash/marker lights to be legal) for the judged show at the Oasis overlooking beautiful Lake Travis (which just this yr refilled 50+ feet of water to end a 5yr drought). Gorgeous rides as usual but 100+ temps on asphalt soon sent us inside for frozen margaritas.

Thur was track day but CTZCC's lone entrant (P.Mackin USA) failed tech inspection for a bullsht 32nd inch play in the rear wheel bearingz.
Took full advantage of the down time to harvest some locally grown serious bamboo to load on Paul's trailer for a project here at Big Alz Bar n Grill, but thatz another story.

Fri was another chill day at friendz, counting down to 'spirited' parade laps at the Circuit of the Americas. Initially billed as 3 HOURS of laps, it ended up being 3 lame laps! A freaking Ford Fiesta started in front of me, which l had to sling by after 2 corners.

Sat was the Peoples Choice show back out at COTA which was enjoyably laid back. Ran into Billy and the rest of the Courtesy crew (kick ass shirtz this yr!) and a host of previous ZCON budz.
Also on Sat was the closing banquet where we were fortunate enuff to be seated (awright, I rigged it...) with the Ontario luminaries. After that, it was just a matter of hauling back to the hotel bar to close out yet another great time!

Sun, Mon and Tue were spent beating the heat by hanging on and around Lake Travis with another old Tx bud.

The remainder of the trip waz just another blur of 10 hr daze enroute to a bbq reunion in north central Pa., where I was able to get an exhaust hanger fixed that had snapped leaving Tx. All in all, a good trip.

Al/Rene

Oh yeah, on the Interstates we ran, entry level cruising was 80mph; we were doing 90+ and being passed...loved it!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 6:11 pm 

Jealous. :evil:

How can they give you fewer laps than they promised when you paid for them up-front?