Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Forums

Username:  
Password:  
Log me on automatically each visit
Register 
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:26 am
Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Discussion Forums   
If you have trouble logging in or encounter any issues, please send an email to webmaster@ctzcc.com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Need input
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 2:40 pm 

If I was to host an event for the 2017 season how many of you guys would attend ?

I plan on having the classic z cars and some classic toyotas.i would want in southern Connecticut (new haven county ) I do not have an exact location yet.

Post subject: Re: Need input
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:34 pm 

I'm in depending on date picked.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:05 pm 

I'd definitely be willing to make the trip as long as the date doesn't clash with a previous commitment. :thumbs_up: 8)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 6:25 am 

The only way to know who may show, is post your event, and keep the post active with any updates and reminders to keep it at the top of the list. Most of our members to do not RSVP via forum. They use the Upcomings Events as a Calendar and show up if they don't have other plans.

I am always up for a Z gathering and like it when members post events and give us opportunities to hang out with Z people. During the Summer, I work most Saturdays so I like Sunday meets....or Saturday PM. I hope to post a few Gatherings this summer myself.

Please go for it. We will need some events to attend.

Happy New Year.

1976 Porsche 912E. #163 of 2200 - SOLD (3 years owned)
2018 BMW 330i GT xdrive daily driver
2004 BMW Z4 3.0i ….it is a Z

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 3:26 pm 

Keith.H wrote:
The only way to know who may show, is post your event, and keep the post active with any updates and reminders to keep it at the top of the list. Most of our members to do not RSVP via forum. They use the Upcomings Events as a Calendar and show up if they don't have other plans.

I am always up for a Z gathering and like it when members post events and give us opportunities to hang out with Z people. During the Summer, I work most Saturdays so I like Sunday meets....or Saturday PM. I hope to post a few Gatherings this summer myself.

Please go for it. We will need some events to attend.

Happy New Year.

Like "Field of Dreams" what if you "build it" (plan a gathering- eg. at a Nissan Dealership) and NO ONE shows up? :oops: :oops: :roll: :shock: I would try to persuade a local dealer on Long Island (Long Guyland :) Frank T.) but I don't think that any member of CTZCC would venture across the Sound to attend. :?: So I totally understand why this request for INPUT is being made. I also understand and agree with you, Keith, that most members won't RSVP to club posts. SO..... who wants to come to Long Island, New York? The Vineyards? The Hamptons? Billy Joel? Lol. :wink: Tell me where you WOULD like to take a trip to "down here" and I'll see what I can arrange for us. 8) :idea:

Howard J

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 4:31 pm 

Thanks Howie (and it's Lawn Gyland :lol: ). Taking the Port Jeff ferry and making a trip to Montauk (sp?) together sounds great if the Zs don't encounter sea salt and sand in the carpets.

Lee, I would ask what kind of 'event' you had in mind, and where? ["Where" would determine how much control you had over peoples manners/behavior]. Also, I have tried mingling with Non-Z car "clubs" and always left early. Most of what I find in today's Japanese "clubs" are gangs of foul-mouth street-rodding kids with "tuner" cars who feel it's necessary to hold Nitrous burnouts, stunt driving and drift competitions near other peoples cars and blast horrible music ("music") over suitcase-sized speakers throughout the event. If you envision an all-Datsun event which complies with the CTZCC codes of conduct (no alcohol, drugs, animals, bicycles, skateboards, vulgarity or stupid driving stunts) count me in. OtherwiZe, thanks anyway, I'm not much interested in Hondas, Toyotas, Subarus, Hyundi, or Isuzus, or the kids who try to make hotrods out of them.

Sorry if that sounded cynical, but it just brought back a whole lot of bad memories about trying to have fun with non-Z people who have little/no manners around other peoples' classic cars.

Frank T

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 12:27 am 

Lee - I would tend to agree that CTZCC members would be more likely to attend a classic car gathering if it didn't include any tuners, drag or resto mods. Too noisy and sometimes rowdy. :evil: A social gathering with a non competitive atmosphere and only moderate proud chest pounding when speaking about our cars would probably be the most appropriate type of acceptable event that would bring the greatest number of members. And YES ... as Keith suggested, continual updates in the Events Calendar as the date you plan the event approaches.

Frank - The Port Jeff ferry can get somewhat expensive. Approx. $65-$70 round trip for one car w/one person in it. Ouch! I'd rather take the longer, more enjoyable (depending on traffic) route to the Throgs Neck bridge to traverse the Sound. Just saying. :wink:

Howard J

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 11:56 am 

Thanks Howie ~ you young kids pay full fare on the Port Jeff. We older folks get a price break. Anyway, my sanity means far more to me than money does. Having driven my Z thru NYC before, I world gladly pay thousands of dollars to have it AirLifted over the City, rather than drive thru it again. :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 4:54 pm 

Hey Frank. :thumbs_up: For anyone growing up in NYC's "outer boroughs" (Brooklyn, Queens, Bronx, Staten Island) when you would say that you were going into the "city" it meant that you were going into Manhattan. Manhattan was/is the only borough that is synonymous with saying New York City. The other 4 boroughs are just considered satellites of NYC (Manhattan) that just so happens to be "on the other side of the tracks" so to speak. So when anyone is driving through or into NYC it exclusively means the island of Manhattan. :evil: :twisted:

I avoid that place like I would the plague whenever possible. So I fully understand your apprehension to be anywhere near its infamous traffic. The Throgs Neck Bridge however, brings you into Queens and puts you straight onto the Clearview Expressway and onto either of two main eastbound highways that enter Long Island within a 5 mile run. Plus, it gives more people the opportunity to drool over the beauty of a Z. :roll: :D

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 10:02 pm 

I always grin when reading Franks posts. He always captures in his writing what I feel about the "Z" topic at hand but with much more finesse than I can ever do.

I too don't care much for the tuner meets. :thumbs_down: Maybe its just the age thing, but Frank nailed it in his response. Been there-done that.

And Howard, to your point, I also don't relish the city traffic much even though I was born in Brooklyn and grew up (some will argue that point) in Lawn Gylan. I shutter to think of driving my Z on the BQE or those other crappy roads with all the trucks and traffic.:roll: The parkway system on the Island however can be quite pleasant if traffic cooperates.

With regards to the original post, I agree that the event should be posted on the upcoming events calendar with details to follow. Any excuse to enjoy our Z toys!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:29 am 

True words John. Frank always writes with military precision. OoRah. And yes, the BQE, Gowanus, and Van Wyck Expressway are all commercial vehicle routes that are as smooth as a dirt bike road course that doubles as an artillery range. Any person with an IQ over 10 avoids these roads at all cost when there are alternate roadways for cars only. Thankfully my number has been staying slightly higher, so I haven't destroyed any vehicles recently. That's why it's so very easy to avoid these truck routes when anyone choices to use the Throgs Neck Bridge to come visit the Island.

John-Got any thoughts for a sweet location that everyone might enjoy out here?

Howie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:55 am 

Well, wait ~ before all all hijack Lee's idea to another state, I think he specified Southern Connecticut, did he not? He might not be willing or able to arrange a meeting in some foreign land :lol:

Lee?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:04 pm 

Sorry Lee. I didn't mean to hijack your thread. :oops:

I started a different thread about Wine Country Tour? This way we can maybe try to plan two different events.

Howard J

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:33 am 

lee biz,

if available, I too would attend. Keep in mind, the CTZCC meetings are usually held at local dealerships on the 2nd Wednesday of each month in the warmer months.

Alan