Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Forums

Username:  
Password:  
Log me on automatically each visit
Register 
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:39 am
Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Discussion Forums   
If you have trouble logging in or encounter any issues, please send an email to webmaster@ctzcc.com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
  Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 11:32 pm 

Alan.Dempsey wrote:
Please post if you are joining in.

If you have to communicate my cell is 203-687-8053

Alan Dempsey
Club Photographer

If I had to guess I won't be out the door that early, so don't worry about me... I'll make it down there a bit later.

Last minute request, if anyone has any extra rear bumper carriage bolts lying around I could use a set. Tried to put my new bumpers on tonight and the old bolts sheared themselves apart as I tried to reuse them.

These jobbers:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 5:03 am 

Jan and I are looking forward to the always scenic ride down which is completed with my Nice Space neXt :? to Ross & Brenda's beautiful home on their wonderful estate.

Thanks to Ross working things back on track with the Weather Gods, it looks to be a grand day... As It Should Be! (though perhaps a bit chilly or breezy)
Jan has her special Beanie Bake prepared and set to go for final crock-pot heat-up/completion there, so we hope to head out early.

'03 Z33 Touring 6 spd Chrome Silver (~stock)
'09 GT-R Super Silver... Lusty Enough As Is!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 6:41 am 

:lol: Hahaha!

"...the old bolts sheared themselves apart as I tried to reuse them".

That's rationaliZation for an honest mechanic's admission, "I didn't use my torque wrench and broke all my bolts". :lol:

Love it, Dave! :lol:

Last edited by Frank T on Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 7:23 am 

DaveR wrote:
Last minute request, if anyone has any extra rear bumper carriage bolts lying around I could use a set. Tried to put my new bumpers on tonight and the old bolts sheared themselves apart as I tried to reuse them.

These jobbers:

You can get stainless 1/4-20 carriage bolts at Lowes. I used them and they actually fill the square holes better than the stock ones.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 4:28 pm 

The 2016 Annual Fall Outing Picnic is history, and what a great time it was!!! Sometimes all the planets become aligned and you have a perfect day ~ this was just such an occasion. We can thank Ross for that; his good judgement moved the event from a rainy/blowy Saturday to a near-perfect Sunday with bright sunshine and breeZes all day long. Thanks Ross ~ you couldn't have made a better Z day if you'd had fresh batteries in your Magic Weather Wand. You even somehow managed to get both the front and back yards cleaned up in time for us after ystry's storm. Bravo. Surfer D considerately provided us with coffee and donuts for our early morning survival. Thanks, Rich. :thumbs_up:

And nearly everyone attended! I saw members I haven't seen in years (Alan Brown, Tom Wasney, Mike Englehart, Big Al Babik, Colin the Elder and Mike Tubiak! Wow!) and we had a host of new-joins as well. It was fun introducing all the new guys to the old salts and watching the conversations just spin away btwn them. Bob Sharp and Vinny Bedini were kept constantly busy with conversations and questions. I also met Kirk Wennerstrom and Jack Middleton, official visitors from the very interesting 60-year-old "Madison Avenue Sports Car Driving & Chowder Society" [ http://mrbellersneighborhood.com/2008/1 ... er-society] and { https://www.facebook.com/Madison-Avenue ... 290467658/ } who showed a keen interest in our cars and offered some fine comments about our Club spirit and participation. They hope to become better acquainted with us and maybe try to get some of our members involved with them. Interesting Gents, and Jack Middleton showed up wearing a matching Maserati jacket and cap, which captured my complete attention away from my assigned duties for longer than I should have let it (I love Masers and may have tried to steal them from him, but they didn't appear to be my siZe. He looked capable of putting up one heck of a fight if I had tried, anyway).

All our men were dashing, all the beautiful wives looked younger and skinnier since we last saw them, and all the kids were well-behaved. I actually saw Brenda four times, and she was laughing and giggling with someone each time as she shuttled more food btwn the kitchen and the picnic table. Thanks "Z-mom" for once again allowing us to invade your yard and your home. You were a fast-moving target all day so I never got a chance to sit and talk with you. Inexcusably rude, I know; sorry. :oops:

The raffle table was very interesting and had a wide variety of very nifty stuff. Everybody won something, so it was a constant laugh to see what appealed to each of us as we took our turn at the table. What I thought was really neat is that Larry (Porkbun) finally got to meet the great Bob Sharp in person today and chat with him awhile, then won one of the four framed and autographed Bob Sharp racing pictures :D. Tell me the guy doesn't have one heck of a bar story to tell as soon as he's old enough to drink!!! It was great to meet the new-joins today too, and watch their reaction to our Club fun together. They have excellent Z cars and learned some nifty things to work on over the winter.

We saw license plates from CT, NY, NJ, MA and RI. I never counted the cars and don't know how many guests showed up, but if there were any open parking spaces left I didn't see them. Oddly, we didn't take a group photo this year, so it won't be possible to get a perfect head-count. Keith sold Club merchandiZe and some was actually available from the free raffle table. I think the free parts-swap table gets more interesting each year, and I don't think Ross was left with too many bits at the end of the day.

To cap it all off, somebody (probably Graham) chose an outstanding age-apropriate musical collection to play for us throughout the day. Altogether the whole day was a hoot and one of the most-enjoyable events I've experienced with this Club. Thanks to all the officers and volunteers who made this possible ~ y'all done good. I'm sure each of us will be re-living today's countless encounters for many days to come. Even driving home on the Merritt with Surfer D's throaty 240 beside me and a Cobra fake snake ahead of me lent to the spirit of the day. Sorry to have lost you, Karl and Barb; my GPS suddenly told me I was headed in the wrong direction and to turn around when possible. :| I caught up with Rich as soon as I reversed directions. I know you thought I was crazy, or at least very entertaining. :mrgreen:

And now our 2016 Z Zeason is officially over.

Frank T

Last edited by Frank T on Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:45 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 6:19 pm 

The Fall Outing was fantastic. Beautiful day with even more beautiful cars that filled the entire front lawn. Meeting different members and sharing stories with them made the day go quickly but very enjoyable. Turns out that the car parked next to me made the same 55 mile trip from Long Island, N.Y. just like I did and lives less then ten minutes away. Go figure. 8) It was nice seeing John & Mike, Frank, Paul, Karl and his wife Barbara again who "REPRESENTED" at the ZCCR Car Show and Watkins Glen event this past July. That too was awesome. Thank you Ross for a great season finale.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 6:29 pm 

Frank T wrote:
Sorry to have lost you, Karl and Barb; my GPS suddenly told me I was headed in the wrong direction and to turn around when possible. :| I caught up with Rich as soon as I reversed directions. I know you thought I was crazy, or at least very entertaining. :mrgreen:
Frank T

Note to self . . . . . follow Frank as a last resort only if you are yourself totally lost . . . . he turned around and smiled on his way by and was gone in an eye blink . . . . . truth be told I think it was the guy in what looked like a Cobra kit car that went the wrong way and Frank and I just followed him. :P :P :P :thumbs_up:

75' - 280Z - HLS30203249 - #304 Gold Metallic (stockish)
96' - 300zx TT - JN1CZ24d3TX960293 - Black on Black (enhanced)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 7:34 pm 

Well, the 11th CTZCC Fall Outing is in books, as is the 2016 season. Another great day with a great club! Thanks again Ross and Brenda for hosting us in such regal manner. Your hospitality is unequaled! The same goes to your understanding neighbors!

P.S. Thanks for the jump start Ross! I made it home safely. What do you expect from a nine year old battery!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 8:53 pm 

Good times. Thanks again Ross and Brenda! :thumbs_up:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:30 am 

As stated above it was a very grand and fun day for all there.

Thanks to Brenda and Ross for always gracious hosting after much work planning and efforts needed to pull this off.

I'm a little concerned when Ross speaks of unloading his 350 in a near future and not replacing with a Z (or GT-R). At least I'm sure the Black Pearl will be around forever

Watching and hearing my wife Jan speaking with (or later on ride home about) so many great Z people there has me thinking that may she be getting a little Car Girl blood after all. She really never had ANY interest in cars (in spite of ... or MAYBE BECAUSE of my increasing inventory/interests). :? I tried to get her to drive one a stick a few times but each time she got nervous early (knowing she was in a pampered toy) so we'd quit. :( :( But I think Z-ness of our family Zeems to have infected her over the last few outings and then especially after this years ZCON and last weekends Alphabet Run. If she asks to be taught to drive a Stick again, I may be in trouble protecting my sacred Z's, else shop for another. Or she may just decide to grab the fob and go shopping with the GT-R? YIKES :shock: :shock:

'03 Z33 Touring 6 spd Chrome Silver (~stock)
'09 GT-R Super Silver... Lusty Enough As Is!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:30 am 

What a great day and gathering of z lovers. Thanks again Brenda and Ross for putting on a fun day.
Gary if Jan is intimidated with learning to drive a stick then maybe my wife Barbara could help her out, she learned on my first Z and still to this day can drive stick fine. They can even use my car if they want. 8)

75' - 280Z - HLS30203249 - #304 Gold Metallic (stockish)
96' - 300zx TT - JN1CZ24d3TX960293 - Black on Black (enhanced)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 9:53 am 

"They can even use my car if they want." :shock:

Wow. Braver words were never spoken.
That's true love, right there.
"Well a man cain't love a woman more than that" (Tompaul Glaser, Put another log on the fire, 1975)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 2:12 pm 

What a spectacular end to our Z season! Ross, great call on the date change. My son Mike and I want to thank both you and Brenda for your generous hospitality. :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:
Stay safe and happy!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:06 pm 

Well....thank you for all the thank-you's!

The Fall Outing is really a labor of love. It's wonderful to see the connections that are made or re-established at this event each year. There are always many regulars but also many different contingents of Z cars each year. This year we had a nice group of cars from the Albany, NY area. We also had a strong showing from NJ as well as, yep you guessed it, CT! I think moving to our rain date cost us about ten cars but it was still a pretty sight seeing about 60 Z's in one place with really spectacular fall weather.

I'd like to thank Frank for taking care of name tags, Keith for maning the merchandise booth (his 370Z) all day, Willie who helps with parking each year, Alan for memorializing the event in photos and a whole bunch of volunteers that moved chairs & tables and helped to set up and take down. I'd also like to thank Jan for her all-day help with the food and for allowing Gary to buy additional toys. My son Graham is still smiling from the ride that Gary gave him in his new NSX.

It just so happens that Sunday was our anniversary and as soon as you all packed up, Brenda and I hit the road and drove up to Mohegan Sun to see Chicago and Earth, Wind and Fire in concert. Due to work commitments, we were unable to stay over, so we drove back home and arrived in Darien at about 1:00am in the morning! So Sunday was a very long day indeed, but both the outing and the concert were great to be at!

I want to of course thank Bob Sharp for being present and others that contributed to our raffle table (Ben Rosen, Scott Cole, Jeff Fox). I think it's great that most people (all?) went home with something.

I'm sure I've missed thanking someone so please forgive me if it's you!

Looking forward to seeing you all next season!

Attachments:
IMG_2382.jpg
IMG_2382.jpg [ 172.16 KiB | Viewed 9362 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:38 am 

:shock: Wowww.....Happy Anniversary, Brenda & Ross. What a magnificent gift to all of us. Double thanks for that.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next