Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Forums

Username:  
Password:  
Log me on automatically each visit
Register 
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:39 am
Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Discussion Forums   
If you have trouble logging in or encounter any issues, please send an email to webmaster@ctzcc.com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
  Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 8:09 am 

To My Z Brothers - Unfortunately I will not be attending this year - and will miss it and you all very much - especially the opportunity to see new member cars. I am in the White Mountains on vacation with Maryann and will not return until Sunday :cry:

Regards to all and hopefully will see most of you at our October 1, 2016 RI Road Rally to cruise along the very best that RI has to offer and great food and camaraderie at the end of the Rally.

Enjoy Lime Rock 8)

Robin Foote

First Owned - New 72' GREEN 240Z
2nd Owned - Used BLUE 74' 260Z

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 7:04 pm 

i will try to meet Z family at the Buckland Comuter lot.

'03 Z33 Touring 6 spd Chrome Silver (~stock)
'09 GT-R Super Silver... Lusty Enough As Is!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 10:49 pm 

Branden, I'd like to join up with you guys at the RT 4 commuter lot in Farmington around 9:20. Are you still planning to stop?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 5:26 am 

Yes phil!

2007 350z Nismo - Redline Red - #0441 / 1613

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 5:43 am 

Nice morning for a Z drive! :D

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 7:11 am 

I'm in! I've been away from the Z-club for so long that I'm really looking forward to seeing some familiar faces - and meeting new ones!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 2:54 pm 

My dad and I had a blast! The talk from Bob was great and we enjoyed the laps. Nice seeing you all! Always a good day at Lime Rock with the Zsssss! Thanks to all involved in making it happen. `

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 3:55 pm 

This was a riot! What a great time. More than 50 Zs and I saw Mike from RPI for the very first time without his wife and kid. No casualties, no mishaps, 82mph on the Sam Posey Straight, followed Bob Sharp's "coasting" instructions religiously and began the straightaway nearly 1/8 mile ahead of time. It actually works.

Seemed as if every car had a GoPro or a ride-along photog, so we can expect some really good footage of in-car or on-car videos. Surfer D, Filipe and the RDZ car were ahead of me. One of them had extraordinary pipes. The sound was amaZing and coincided with Surfer's efforts. If they were his pipes, I've never heard any S-30 car sound so brutally throaty and strong. It was probably Filipe.

Bob Sharp's presentation was, once again, worth the trip itself. The Man could have been a stand-up comedian if he'd wanted to be. :D

The main raffle priZe was a ride-along with Bob in his car. There were two 'no-show' tickets called (nobody responded) and the staff were having trouble reading the next one drawn (eyeglass problem). They handed the ticket to a lady in the first row and asked her if she'd please read the number, which she did. Then she immediately produced the matching ticket from her other hand to win the ride-along! :lol:

We saw our member Liam Dwyer there and he looks great. He's very much into professional racing now, so we don't get to hear from him as often as we'd like.
I'll bet there were 80 Club members and guests there today, including Colin and Colin, Ltd. The drivers all looked dashing, the cars were lusty and reliable, and the women were all pretty. It was a grand time, and I thank Scotty, Rich and Mister Sharp Hisself for such a good day.

Video from the back of the pack to come later, if I can figure out how. 8)

Frank

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 10:22 am 

Bob Sharp Day @ Lime Rock (7/16/2016) is always a special event and this year was no exception. Good friends, magnificent Z cars of every vintage, a scenic ride through the Connecticut countryside, a wonderful introduction to the track with hints on how to master the course and stay safe by Bob Sharp, and parade laps (do they seem to be getting faster or are we getting better) on this historical circuit. What more can we ask for?
Thanks to Scott Cole and Greg Emmons for pulling all of the pieces into place. The proof is certainly in the pudding!! WOW! I heard talk of up to 50 Zcars on site.
I have attached a brief photo slide show for all to see. The key to viewing these photos is the attached "link". I believe this posting is the only place this link can be seen.

https://picasaweb.google.com/abdnpd67/6 ... 5053685586

Alan Dempsey
CTZCC Photographer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 11:50 am 

Great pictures Al! Certainly was a great day to be a Z owner!

Big thanks to Bob, Scott, Greg and the Lime Rock management for giving us the opportunity to visit and experience this great and historic facility!!

Phil

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 6:20 pm 

Great pic's Alan :thumbs_up:

75' - 280Z - HLS30203249 - #304 Gold Metallic (stockish)
96' - 300zx TT - JN1CZ24d3TX960293 - Black on Black (enhanced)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 10:52 pm 

:lol: What a GREAT day! I'd like to thank Bob, Scotty, Alan and LRP management for putting on such an event. Bob did a great job of explaining the art of patient, deliberate driving .......... SMOOOTH is fast. I learned that back in the early 70's with the original CT240Z CLUB and running autoX events almost every weekend from 2 guys parking lot on the Berlin turnpike to Riverside in Agawam and orange airport etc. It works.

Our laps went smoother this year and we got a bit more speed. Next year can we pay $30 and get more time? Maybe we can get the autocross track with Bob giving tips. Seriously, I hope this is a
tradition and Bob is able to TREAT us to a wonderful day out with friends for years to come.

Thanks to all for behaving. See you all soon. I have a video I'll try to post soon.
Jack

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 10:14 pm 

This was my first "Bob Sharp Day" and it will certainly be one to remember. Unfortunately, the Z made some funky noises on the track (Listen at 3:23 and 3:40) - knowing I was possibly low on oil, I was semi - cautious. Now having done an oil change, the noise seems to have gone away...fingers crossed.

The audio isn't perfect :oops: but please enjoy in full HD:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2mqoUcffHg

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 8:44 am 

Wow, 'objects in your lens are closer than they appear'. Except for the cool-down lap (1/2 lap), I was never more than 3 seconds behind you. You were uncatchable on the straightaway, tho, the clear difference btwn 2.8L and 3.7L.
I was filming you from behind at the same time.

One of my favorite moments was the lap when Surfer D threw his yellow #777 240Z into the (only) left-hander, spied his family sitting on the grassy infield bank and waved to them. We were only doing highway speeds and couldn't pass anyone, so that wasn't dangerous. I beeped at them too, but I doubt they even heard it.

I think the slowest part of my laps was the uphill, where you couldn't see beyond the rise and there was no flagman to tell you if the road was clear ahead or if everyone had stopped dead in the middle of the track. I just couldn't bring myself to accelerate hard up over that blind hill, just thinking of the waiver I had signed at the entry gate and how our insurance companies would laugh if our classic Zs all became one twisted pile of fused, multi-colored Japanese tin. :shock:

Frank

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 9:16 am 

Filipe, great video! I love the intro.
Of course I especially liked it because I was in it.
As Frank said you can really tell the difference between the straight and V 6's.
I think it was my car making all the racket in hard accell.
Oh and my wife and son didn't see me wave :?
Thanks for the great cinematography.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next