Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Forums

Username:  
Password:  
Log me on automatically each visit
Register 
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:01 pm
Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Discussion Forums   
If you have trouble logging in or encounter any issues, please send an email to webmaster@ctzcc.com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 12:02 pm 

Finally, all the arrangements have been finalized for the big day. They are as follows:

Date: Saturday July 16th.
Time: 10:30 to 2 pm.

The admission is still free. Please sign in at the entrance as usual and proceed to the paddock area where we will be gathering the cars. This will be near the starting building near the concessions.

At 11:30, we will all meet at he media center which is located by the Lime Rock Store. Here Bob will discuss an IMSA championship race he was in at Lime Rock. At this time, we will be collecting $10:00 from each driver who intends to participate in the parade laps which is required by Lime Rock to offset fees they would normally charge for the use of their buildings. Please understand that millions of dollars were spent for renovations to improve the "Lime Rock Experience", and nothing is free anymore as this is a very costly business. If there is anyone who wants to drive and cannot afford it, please see Scott or I to see if arrangements can be made.

The concession stand will be open for those who want to purchase food along with the Memorabilia store.

By 12:50, we will all get ready to line up our cars for the parade laps. At 1:00 the parade laps will commence and last until 1:20. This should allow us to get more laps than in previous years. After the laps, we can hang out until 2 pm before leaving.

This year we will be handing out a raffle ticket to each driver that attends. The stubs will be placed in a hat and Bob will pick tickets for the following:

1. Passenger with Bob on the parade laps
2. Next car directly Behind Bob on the parade laps
3. Club apparel
Also, T shirts and key fobs from Bob's memorabilia collection.

Please take the time to thank Scott Cole and Bob for the work they put in to make this day happen for all of us. They want to keep this event a tradition and to not have the contents of the day changed. The only thing not covered is the weather. Let's all do our sun dance for the day. Thanks Scott for all your work to make this possible.

See you all there!
Greg.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 1:36 pm 

Now that the date and times are set, it's time to begin planning the best (most fun) route to drive to Lime Rock Park. Living in
South Meriden, I have options. Generally I take I84 westbound to Exit 15 in Southbury. There is a shopping center there offering a
meet-up point and MickeyD's coffee (and breakfast) for the ride ahead. Next to Rt67 north through Roxbury to New Milford. Here I have options: Rt7 all the way through Kent, past Kent Falls and Housatonic Meadows to Lime Rock Park, or...at New Milford take Rt202 north to New Preston and then Rt45 north, reconnect to Rt7 for a short run to Lime Rock Park. The time from Southbury to New Milford is approx. 30 minutes, from New Milford to Lime Rock is 45-50 minutes depending on Saturday morning traffic.
I'm open to suggestion. It's always better to travel en caravan than to travel solo.

A hardy THANKS to Scott, Bob and Greg for putting the pieces of this "puzzle" together. I've been to a few Bob Sharp/Lime Rock events and its always a super way to spend part of a Saturday with good friends.

Alan Dempsey
Club Photographer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 2:36 pm 

One of my favorite events of every year. I can't wait.
Rewarding this year is that we have so many new-joins who haven't done this before. I can hardly wait to zee some of the new guys flinging their cars sideways around the corners, trying to catch the great Bob Sharp! :twisted:

8) Naw, seriously, we stay in line and parade around the track, copying Bob's lines thru the turns. But I've had my Z over 90 on the straight and had to turn into slides in the turns a few times. It's great fun. And 20 minutes for $10? That's fifty cents a minute. In some places you can't even buy curbside parking spaces that cheaply. :thumbs_up:

THANK YOU, Scotty and Sir Sharp, for doing this for us once again.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 2:54 pm 

There is a small group of us heading from Hartford, CT. We are meeting at the same location we did for the cruise to the Z Palooza event. If you are interested in cruising to Lime Rock with us, just shoot me a message or comment below. Still working the details, but I believe the goal is to leave Hartford around 9/ 9:15AM.

And of course, Hats off to those getting this great event together!!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 11:42 pm 

Many thanks to all who put this together ......... "tradition!" .. while we can do it
let's all keep supporting the effort and use the opportunity to get together in a great
venue.

We'll be leaving from Tolland using our usual route out rt. 44. For those leaving from Hartford,
please post your plans and let's see if we can get a group set up.

Jack

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 8:54 am 

...."tradition!"....

HAHA!! In our college-poor house, that song is sung, "Tuition"!!! :?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 6:57 am 

Looking forward to this event. Last year we were able to do 4 laps in 9 minutes. Maybe we can double that this year.

My video from last year.
https://vimeo.com/134679754

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 7:52 am 

I have decided to follow the quickest and shorter route from Southbury, CT to Lime Rock Park.

From MickeyD's in the shopping center at the intersection of I84 and Rt6/67...follow Rt67 through Roxbury to New Milford, hang a right on Rt 202 to New Preston, Rt 45 back to Rt 7 near Cornwall, Rt 7 north then a left on Rt 112 to Lime Rock Park.
The plan is to leave Southbury between 0900 and 0915 hours. It's an hour's scenic drive to Lime Rock Park.
If anyone plans to join in, PLEASE post on this forum. We can certainly wait a few if someone is slightly delayed.

Alan Dempsey, Cell 203-687-8053
Club Photographer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 8:39 am 

Meet up at RDZ before Bob Sharp Day starting at 9AM.

RDZ Motorsports
493 Danbury Rd
New Milford, CT 06776

We will be leaving RDZ at 9:45AM

If you are going to meet up with us follow this link and "like" so we have an idea who is coming:

https://www.facebook.com/Rdzmotorsports ... =3&theater

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 11:56 am 

John Durand,

A few of us are leaving from the South Windsor area. Would you guys want to meet up with us at the Manchester Commuter lot. I believe it's exit 60, right off the highway. Just give us a time. I can be texted at (860) 987 9772 for a faster response.

Also, I head to Limerock a lot. I usually take rt4 to 63 up (much more scenic, and shorter). With that said, we'll still do whichever way you feel more comfortable with.

2007 350z Nismo - Redline Red - #0441 / 1613

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 8:50 pm 

Anyone from near Orange want to go together?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 4:49 pm 

May have to come visit. .
Great Event

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 6:27 pm 

I've missed this event the last 2 years due to sad circumstances (family funerals).
So I am REALLY looking forward to refreshing my mind..
on how grand a day this will Be.
though I may not bring a Z?

'03 Z33 Touring 6 spd Chrome Silver (~stock)
'09 GT-R Super Silver... Lusty Enough As Is!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 7:57 pm 

Surfer ~ maybe I can get my car sorted out in time for this and you, me, and Johnny and Mike K could cruise up together.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 10:59 pm 

Frank T wrote:
Surfer ~ maybe I can get my car sorted out in time for this and you, me, and Johnny and Mike K could cruise up together.

Sounds like a good plan
What's up with the million and one dollar Z?
Anything I can help with?