Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Forums

Username:  
Password:  
Log me on automatically each visit
Register 
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:52 pm
Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Discussion Forums   
If you have trouble logging in or encounter any issues, please send an email to webmaster@ctzcc.com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 9:32 pm 

Was it an oversight that July 9 & 10 of 2016 is not on the Schedule of Events or has it been cancelled?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 6:11 am 

It is not canceled but it is also not one of our events.

75' - 280Z - HLS30203249 - #304 Gold Metallic (stockish)
96' - 300zx TT - JN1CZ24d3TX960293 - Black on Black (enhanced)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 8:13 am 

The Z Car Club of Rochester Motorfest is July 9 & 10 in Webster NY, just outside Rochester.

SATURDAY JULY 9: Morning road rally from Webster NY to Watkins Glen International for 3 laps on the track in your car. Return trip includes stops for lunch, wineries and shopping. Meet 4pm at the Damascus Center in Webster NY for a steak roast & car meet.
SUNDAY JULY 10: 9th Annual Jonathan Krenzer Memorial Motor Show at the Damascus Center. Hundreds of vehicles of every description on display. People's choice awards, sponsor awards, vendors, food, raffles, prizes, music and more!

Attached is the registration form with complete information including hotel accommodations.

We hope to Z you there! :D
Attachment:
T-SHIRT DESIGN FINAL.gif
T-SHIRT DESIGN FINAL.gif [ 50.03 KiB | Viewed 8193 times ]

Attachments:
2016 Motorfest Registration Form.pdf [476.32 KiB]
Downloaded 377 times

1984 300ZXT
zcarnut@hotmail.com
FB: Zccr zcarclubofrochester

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 8:21 am 

Thanks John :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 8:41 am 

Howard ~ It's a common oversight. We seldom list other clubs' activities unless they involve us directly (NJZCC's annual car show) (NYZCC's annual Tommy Sullivan Memorial Run), and the year ZCCNE hosted the annual National Z Convention. Most of the ones the CTZCC list on our calendar are nearby, single-day events. Bigger events such as Hershey or Carlisle or the ZCCR Motorfest get mentioned, discussed, and participated in, but not added to our calendar. Mostly I think it's about "overnight" events which take us away from home and require motel stays ~ those gatherings don't tend to get onto our calendar.

I don't think that's a hard-and-fast "law" or Club policy; it's just how it has played out in the past years. Events sponsored by other clubs will survive and succeed with or without our participation. We're invited and we love to attend as we can, but our arrival isn't going to make or break the event because 100 other cars from their club will already be there. The events we list on our calendar tend to be far more participation-sensitive and, in a non-dues Club, become very important to attend en masse if possible. In other words, a successful year of our Club can depend upon good participation in one of our events (our annual Z show, for good example).

Also, keep in mind that many of the members of these neighboring clubs are also our own cherished and active CTZCC members. We know a whole lot of great Z owners thru multiple-club membership and we have a great time zeeing them for any excuse. Some of the NY or NJ club members and New England club members were plank-owners of the early CTZCC before they moved elsewhere. The preZident of the NYZCC attended our meetings and events to study us for more than a year to learn how to create his own club. We remain loyal with them and have a wonderful time sharing events with them when possible. The preZident of the ZCCRochester is our active member, as are several of his staff. Sometimes traveling to Rochester is the only way we get to zee them during a year. They make it here for our annual Z show or our Fall Outing picnic as best they can.

I have to keep reminding myself this will be your first ZCCR event ! It won't be your last. These guys throw a great Z event and there's truly something for everyone. Pretty girls, good chow, good music, creative games, friendly new acquaintances, lots and lots of Zs and other cars, and road trips to Watkins Glen International Raceway in caravan with 30-40-50 other classic Z cars for 90mph laps in your own Z. :twisted: There's also the warm and toasty feeling that ZCCR donates all their profits to charity each year, so you end up literally having fun for someone else's benefit. :lol: In past years they have donated to several causes I support, which just made my own good time.....more gooder.

Not all of us can spring free in the middle of summer to drive out there, but it's a thrill to get even one or two other Z cars together and strike out across the vast New York State landscape to visit pleasant Webster NY. They treat us like royalty when we arrive and it just makes us feel warm and toasty to zee our Z brothers again after a long cold winter. Whether you bring a spouse or friend or not, this event is as much fun as you are likely to have during this Zeason. If you go once, you'll want to go back every year.

I'm looking fwd to driving alongside you and conquering the uncharted vast New York topography with our Zs. :thumbs_up:

Frank

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 9:29 am 

Thank you everyone for clarifying why Motorfest 2016 is not on CTZCC Events Schedule. It definitely makes sense now. I'm still trying to figure out rules and structure of things like why I can't seem to answer a member by clicking on PM.? I thought it meant "private message" but it didn't work for me. Duh. I still can't seem to find that darn "How to use Z car club website" manual. LOL. :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 10:48 am 

It used to be easier.
We've 'improved' it.
:roll:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:59 am 

As far as I know so far, I think we have 6 members driving to Rochester for this great event:

Karl W
Paul M
Big Al B
John K
Howard J
Me

And any of them might bring a partner. We should make a noteworthy scene cruising thru some of the small backwater towns in upstate NY together.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 12:39 pm 

Sent my $$ off to them today . . . looking forward to it again this year. 8)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 7:49 am 

HowardJ wrote:
Thank you everyone for clarifying why Motorfest 2016 is not on CTZCC Events Schedule. It definitely makes sense now. I'm still trying to figure out rules and structure of things like why I can't seem to answer a member by clicking on PM.? I thought it meant "private message" but it didn't work for me. Duh. I still can't seem to find that darn "How to use Z car club website" manual. LOL. :lol:

If you hit the "PM" icon on the bottom left of the post, it will direct you to a page where you can write a private message to the user's inbox. If you hit "Quote" on the bottom right of the post, it will direct you to a page where you can reply (publicly, on the forum) to the user, while quoting their post in yours.

:thumbs_up:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 11:53 am 

Here's MOTORFEST information! :D

Attachments:
2016 Motorfest Registration Form.pdf [476.32 KiB]
Downloaded 347 times
Poster 1.jpg
Poster 1.jpg [ 85.55 KiB | Viewed 8154 times ]

1984 300ZXT
zcarnut@hotmail.com
FB: Zccr zcarclubofrochester