Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Forums

Username:  
Password:  
Log me on automatically each visit
Register 
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:10 am
Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Discussion Forums   
If you have trouble logging in or encounter any issues, please send an email to webmaster@ctzcc.com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 2:38 pm 

Our CTZCC June 8, 2016 meeting will be held at RDZ Motorsports in New Milford and On Track Karting in Brookfield.

Rich Amatulli has graciously offered to host our June meeting at their new location, 493 Danbury Rd, New Milford, CT. There, we can congregate and get a tour of the new RDZ facility.

From RDZ, we will caravan to On Track Karting, 100 Silvermine Rd, Brookfield, CT for our Club meeting and enjoy pizza and cokes provided by CTZCC prior to the main event, the exciting experience of racing these mini hotrods called go-karts against the clock. The "Karts" are Sodi GT5s, capable of 40 mph on a short challenging track.

Racing costs to members will be $16.00/person per heat (a 20% discount), $2.00 for the mandatory head sock, or you can bring your own. The head sock is yours to keep. Helmets and neck collars are provided. All racers must watch an instructional/safety video prior to racing.

The schedule is as follows:

6:30PM Arrive at RDZ
7:30PM Caravan to On Track Karting (roughly 10 minutes)
8:00PM CTZCC meeting, pizza and cokes, Registration, safety video, racing.

The final event of the evening will be the presentation of the coveted "CTZCC Best Elapsed Time Trophy". Last year's trophy was awarded to Justin Tang for his low ET of 44.577.

Hope to see you all there,

Alan Dempsey
Club Photographer

Attachments:
_MG_5954.jpeg
_MG_5954.jpeg [ 23.74 KiB | Viewed 10354 times ]
_MG_5939.jpeg
_MG_5939.jpeg [ 23.89 KiB | Viewed 10354 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 4:06 pm 

:mrgreen: :thumbs_up:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 11:35 am 

RDZ has a new location? Wicked! Their shop always seemed packed! Looking forward to getting back on the track with y'all!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 3:28 pm 

An update to the June 8, 2016 meeting - RDZ and On Track Karting Event:

Arrive at RDZ 6:00 - 6:30pm and socialize until 7:00pm.
7:00 - 7:15pm Rich Amatulli's introduction of his new RDZ facility in New Milford.
7:15 - 7:45pm Pizza and soft drinks
7:45pm Caravan to On Track Karting, a 10-15 min ride from RDZ.

We have to meet a minimum of 20 racers to obtain group discount rates. 16 karts will race in each heat.
Registration, a mandatory safety and rules video.
$16.00/race, $2 mandatory head sock or bring your own if you have one, helmets and neck collars will be provided.
All racers will be electronically timed. Towards the end of the evening times will be tallied and the driver with the best time will be presented with the "coveted" CTZCC Best Elapsed Time Trophy.
Mark your calendars for this event.

A reminder will be posted as the event date approaches.

Alan Dempsey
Club Photog

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 6:28 am 

I will be there, but in my truck. :( Only because I don't feel like beating up my 240 on CT roads after the last run. I just got done welding the flange nuts onto my strut tubes because the threads ripped through.......thanks I95. So since I'll be in the truck, if anyone needs some big parts cheap, like hoods, doors, engines, etc, speak now, or forever hold your peace. 8) plus the 240 has to be in excellent shape for NY and Canada trips....main objective this year. :thumbs_up:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 8:20 pm 

Unfortunately I won't be ale to make it.

Good luck to everyone hitting the track! Nothing beats the bonds formed by fierce competition! :D

I'll be anxiously awaiting to hear who takes the trophy home this year!!!!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 9:59 pm 

:oops: :evil:
I won't be able to make it either, last second thing came up at home, and I need to tend to these issues unfortunately.

Godspeed.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:37 pm 

Porkbun actually turned in the fastest lap one year, but didn't get the trophy because of some regulation. I don't recall the details, but he had the track receipt to prove he had a full second quicker lap than anybody else in that heat. Watching from the sidelines, Bob Sharp pointed out three individual riders for their relaxed, very quick driving style. Two of them have taken trophies on this track (C Gentile and J Tang) and the third was Porkbun, who didn't win but beat everybody else's time for one lap.
Watch him. He's quick. :wink: :thumbs_up:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:53 pm 

Here are the details about Porkbun's fastest lap from a couple years ago:
[14 JULY 2014]
Stop the presses.

In all fairness, I have just found proof that the fastest lap time of our event was actually made by PORKBUN, who claims never to have Karted before!!!! We must give credit where it's due.

Cleaning out my Z just now, I found the official lap time score sheet from On Track Karting for "Heat 75" (our final heat). It shows The Stig, Black Stig, The Murf, Zorro and Jeffrey all holding really quick lap times.

But the quickest lap of our entire night was turned by Porkbun (!!!), who beat every one of us, running his 5th lap in just 45.858-sec. Traffic and spinouts for the rest of the heat brought his AVERAGE down to 51.855 for that heat, but his 5th lap holds our Fastest Time of the Day. Talk about beginner's luck!

That doesn't qualify him for the trophy, since he didn't do it in the first heat. But it does give him bragging rights. His time was the 7th fastest all day (among all racers since they opened the door that day), and he was the quickest amongst all of us Z people.

One of the guys who work there ran a 44.9 second lap during that day, but on an empty track. They get to play on their "home course" whenever they want to and they know which Karts are quickest. Even with all that advantage, they still were less than 1 full second quicker than our rookie driver who had never driven a Kart before!

For Heat #75, JTang ran his 45.89, The Stig ran his 46.0, and Colin Jr ran 46.55.

SOMEHOW, Porky beat them all.

Nice work!

Frank

PS ~ I'll hold on to the evidence for awhile in case anyone wants to zee it for thmslvs.

porkbun
Post subject: Re: Upcoming Meeting - On Track Karting - Wednesday, July 9tPosted: 14 Jul 2014, 18:22

This was one of the closer events (closer to work which is pretty far) and im glad I went! Hard to beat the CTZCC, Z's, 510's, ice cream, pizza and racing! I also got to pick up parts from Paul that I needed to get Daphne's front end back together and she'll look completely different the next meeting I go to (this time with real paint!).

Karting was tons of fun and Im happy to say I learned a lot. Lots of experimenting which gave me inconsistent times and a few spinouts but that one lap was the one where I didnt feel like I was fighting with the kart and fighting to gain traction. Wasnt really paying attention to the times when on the track but after finding out that I had a hot lap, I was tempted to go back on the track . Definitely want to do some more karting at one of the places cfg240z mentioned.

Web Albums: http://picasaweb.google.com/flyingaero
Youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/user/FlyingAero

Frank T
Post subject: Re: Upcoming Meeting - On Track Karting - Wednesday, July 9tPosted: 14 Jul 2014, 19:36

Bob Sharp watched you and a few others from the sidelines. He has an eye for natural ability, I guess. Some people are just born to easily do what the rest of us struggle at.

Plus the fact that you don't weigh anything.

Frank T
1970 240Z

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 7:38 am 

Good morning all,

Tonight's CTZCC meeting at RDZ Motorsports and Ontrack Karting is upon us. Historically this has been a really fun event!

The weather forecast is calling for clearing skies and cooler temperatures in late afternoon, near 5:00pm.

No matter who's time is the standing best (Frank), all racers will have the opportunity to walk away with the coveted CTZCC Fastest Elapsed Time trophy for this event.

I look forward to seeing you all at RDZ with our host Rich, pizza and cokes, and then a caravan "off to the races".
Please try to be prompt so we can get things started at 6:00pm.

Alan Dempsey
Club Photographer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 8:14 am 

:lol: Just trying to stress the point that you don't have to be a professional Kart racer to turn in the fastest lap time. Some complete rookies just have a natural ability which they never would have discovered had they not raced with us.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 10:19 am 

Hope everyone attending has a great time. Unfortunately, it is too far for me to travel on a work night. It would be an hour drive home and 3:00 AM wakeup would only allow me about 4 hours sleep. See you at the next event. :thumbs_up:

Rich Z

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 7:52 am 

I'd like to extend a hardy "thank you" to Rich Amatulli of RDZ Motorsports, our gracious host of the CTZCC's June meeting. Rich, all in attendance enjoyed another great CTZCC event.

The annual event at On Track Karting was successful with the coveted CTZCC "Fastest Elapsed Time" trophy presented to Mike Mische of Danbury with a ET of 30.345 sec. Mike is a new member driving a '79 280ZX 2+2. Thanks to all who participated.

Looking forward to see all at our next CTZCC meeting at County Line Nissan in Middlebury, CT on July 13.

Thanks,
Alan Dempsey
Club Photographer

Photo album to follow...

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 5:10 pm 

I was hoping to make it yesterday to check out the new RDZ facility and show how much ive learned the past few years :wink:. Im still waiting on the first paycheck from my new internship so I didnt want to risk running out of gas money by driving across CT before the week was over :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 10:11 pm 

Here is the slide show of our CTZCC June 8, 2016 meeting at RDZ Motorsports and OnTrack Karting. it was great to meet a few new folks and got to see a few new Zs. Thank goodness the rough weather had cleared.
Please mark your calendars for the next CTZCC meeting on July 14 at County Line Nissan, Middlebury, CT. Exact times will be posted as the date approaches.

https://picasaweb.google.com/abdnpd67/6 ... 1171842530

Alan Dempsey
Officer/Club Photographer