Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Forums

Username:  
Password:  
Log me on automatically each visit
Register 
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:27 am
Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Discussion Forums   
If you have trouble logging in or encounter any issues, please send an email to webmaster@ctzcc.com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 6:59 pm 

Oh I still have the pink shirt. :shock:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:20 am 

Four to go . . . . . . :mrgreen:

75' - 280Z - HLS30203249 - #304 Gold Metallic (stockish)
96' - 300zx TT - JN1CZ24d3TX960293 - Black on Black (enhanced)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:37 am 

Imagine that! Do you still have the same beads and skirt, too?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 7:47 pm 

For wherever this iz going, my 2 centz;
Great party this past weekend for those who could make it...

Al

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 8:42 am 

:thumbs_up: Party On.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:31 am 

DING! DING! DING! DING! DING! :D

Congratulations to Felipe who, at 00:33 this morning, posted the CTZCC's 50,000 post! :D :thumbs_up:
Post subject: Re: Allow me to reintroduce myself....Posted: Today, 00:33

No....I've been trying to avoid posting, I don't want to make Jim's life any harder...I was trying to convert my email accounts and purge a few of them from back in the day. It's a long story. Meanwhile, I bought a second Z and am itching to tell you guys about it!

This is a landmark for our Club. Founded by Ross over 10yrs ago with fewer than a doZen core members, we have grown steadily to become one of the most-active (if not THE most-active) Z Clubs in the country. While other clubs might enjoy a year-round driving Zeason, we maintain an almost constant internet presence thru the winter to keep each other (semi-) sane. While other clubs might have existed longer, we have grown in membership by leaps and bounds. We have our Webmaster and former PreZident Jimmy Hagani to thank for this wonderful website which links us all together and allows us to exchange technical information, coordinate our Club meetings and events, and lets us just blow off steam when we need to talk with someone else who is snowbound and Jones-ing to drive their Zs. :roll: In contrast to some 'internet' Z clubs, our CTZCC is an actual home-town Club which meets regularly and joins together for events and Z fun. Thanks in no small part to this website, "Most of us know most of us".

50,000 posts in 10 years averages nearly 14 posts per day, which is a very healthy exchange for any club, even for those much larger than ours. We have several subjects with thousands of views and posts, and we're pressing the 1,000 member mark, as well. We literally have members around the globe and our "Z stable" includes some world-class Z cars, including the world's fastest S-30 Land Speed Record holder; #6 (the first production Z); #8 (the first factory designated racing Z); #13, (the first street Z for sale in the USA); #16 (the first Z actually sold in the USA); and YOUR Z (the most-important car in your world). :lol:

While Filipe might have made our 50,000th post, this celebration is for all of us. It shows us how we've grown and where we're headed, and gives us a chance to look back over our shoulder and recogniZe the outstanding achievements of our Club founder(s) and visionaries of days gone by. Thank you, Ross. And Jimmy, and Bob Sharp and Bryan Little and the small handful of others who pictured the CTZCC over coffee a decade ago. Well done, guyz.

Well done, Club. 8) :thumbs_up:

Frank T

Last edited by Frank T on Thu Jan 28, 2016 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:07 am 

Thank you Frank for highlighting this significant milestone. Being associated with this club - the people of this club - has been one of the highlights of my last ten years. It's truly been a team effort with many people rotating in and out of leadership positions as well as countless others that consistently attend meetings, help out at events and talk up the club wherever they go. These people are the "ambassadors" of the club who have helped it to flourish and stay vital.

I have made so many good friends by participating in this club and I believe others have as well.

In a world of conflict, negativity and personal struggles for many of us, I view this club as an oasis of something very positive and worthwhile. We have all been very diligent in protecting and preserving the core values of the club, which I would summarize as: a) free, b) fun, c) inclusive and d) family-friendly.

I am really proud to be associated with this club and to have had the experience of getting to know so many fine people. The cars are great too, but those are secondary.

Lastly, thank you Frank for being a constant cheerleader, ambassador and tireless participant, former officer and advocate of this club. You are personally responsible for a significant amount of our success.

Sincerely, Ross

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 8:51 am 

:)