Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Forums

Username:  
Password:  
Log me on automatically each visit
Register 
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:25 pm
Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Discussion Forums   
If you have trouble logging in or encounter any issues, please send an email to webmaster@ctzcc.com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2015 4:00 pm 

Beautiful day great people Bob Sharp at Limerock Racepark what could be better.

Great day thanks to Jim and gang for the food and the preparation another excellent CTZCC meetup. :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :mrgreen:

75' - 280Z - HLS30203249 - #304 Gold Metallic (stockish)
96' - 300zx TT - JN1CZ24d3TX960293 - Black on Black (enhanced)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:58 pm 

It was a great day for Robin and I who drove from RI to this event. Picture perfect weather and lots of chit-chat over the course of a 3 hour drive. After a late start, we pulled in just in time to catch the last parade lap and had fun catching up to the rest of the pack. My '78 has fuel injection so it was really fun riding in a carbureted car for a change. There is nothing like the sound of a 240 running through the hills and straightaways of CT farmland!

Thanks go first of course to Bob Sharp, who year after year provides all the entertainment we could wish for. The discussion from the leader of Survive the Drive was also very interesting and informative. We all owe Jim a big thank you for serving lunch to what must have been 100 people. He makes it look easy but we all know there is a lot of coordination behind the scenes. President Phil, Greg Emmons, Dave Sirico and Alan Dempsey all helped out where needed and we have Dave to thank for setting everything up in the first place.

After the gathering, Robin and I drove down to Danbury to pick up a Jeep of his and I had the good fortune of driving his 240 back to RI. No music - just the sound of those SU carbs running through the gears. After three hours I almost wished the ride wasn't over.

So thanks to everyone that had a part in coordinating the day, helping out or just attended with a smile.

You all make this club great!

And yes, Diego, the Black Pearl was a special edition Z car. :x :x :x

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2015 10:16 am 

Yesterday was a super Z day with a great caravan through the Connecticut countryside and a super Seventh Annual Bob Sharp Day at Lime Rock Park.
Thanks to all who worked to make this event a success. You are all to be commended for a job well done! Special kudos to sous chef Jim and crew for their lunch efforts. The watermelon was absolutely done to perfection!

I have posted a few photos of the day for all to enjoy. My apologies for not posting a photo of each Z in attendance!

Alan Dempsey
Club Photographer

https://picasaweb.google.com/abdnpd67/S ... 5314767730

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2015 11:57 am 

Just want to give a BIG THANKS to everyone involved in putting this event together and to all for making me and the misses feel so welcome. What a GREAT bunch of folks!
I've never been to a true "Z" event before and I have to say, it felt really good to see people just as enthusiastic about my car as I am. It made all the work worth it! OH the cars, wow there were some of the nicest Z's I've ever seen, really had me wanting my 240 again. We will definitely be familiar face's in the future.
All the points were hit prior to my post, so I'll just echo those words. What a day!
Two things, the first being the laps on the track. I've raced countless simulator hours on that track and only dreamed I would ever get the chance to actually drive on it, oh my goodness what a rush. To be able to open it up down that front straight and hear the true sound of the car was truly exhilarating. I'll be registering for a track day there in September, I'm hooked! The other thing I would like to hit on, It would have been nice to have been able to purchase some type of tee shirt to commemorate the event.
Thank you all again for the wonderful day,
Tommy and Susie

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2015 2:09 pm 

Tommy ~ it was good to meet you and Sue ystrdy, but I would have wanted a little more time to talk together. Glad y'all had as much fun as the rest of us did. Hope to zee more of you in the future. This is a fun Club!
["... purchase some type of tee shirt to commemorate the event"]. What an excellent idea. Not sure our finances would allow us to try that, since we're a non-dues Club and feed ourselves and our guests at just about every gathering. If we made 100 shirts and only 50 sold, our meager budget might suffer for a long time. A prepaid pre-order might work, tho...
Hope you chooZe to participate in more of our events. We even move our monthly meetings around the state, so people in every corner get easy access to the fun. Your 370 is a beauty but will eventually need SOMEthing done to it, and this Club has a lot of knowledge and experience in the Z field.
For now, you have a good bar story for free. You can honestly say you chased the great Bob Sharp around the Lime Rock Park Racetrack in your Z.
Dude, how cool is that?

Frank

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2015 7:07 pm 

Hi Frank,
I will definitely be around, I'll try and attend one of the next monthly meetings, we can get together for a chat then. I'm a little on the shy side, but once I warm up it's all good. I appreciate the hospitality of the club and totally understand the tee shirt deal, just food for thought. Yeah I'm trying to keep my Z as close to STOCK as possible, you never know though I may "tinker" a bit down the road. Going to sign up for a few track days at LMP right now. See you soon.
Regards,
Tommy

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2015 8:27 pm 

My initial effort to post a slideshow did not go as planned. There is a step that allows viewers with access to the link to see the photos.
Here is the corrected link.

https://picasaweb.google.com/abdnpd67/S ... 5314767730

If for some reason this will not open, please let me know.

Alan

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2015 9:20 pm 

Three rows of Zs.
A sea of Zs.
A Z sea.
A Z sea as far as you can see.

What a great time.

:thumbs_up:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 2:00 pm 

My wife and I just want to thank you new friendZ for helping us enjoy our first Z event! We had a a great time! Alan, that was a great route from Southbury to the track. Some roads we hadn't been on yet, and some sections of Rte 7 we hadn't seen in 40 years, Thanks!. The weather was perfect for a picnic. Meeting Bob Sharp and hearing his stories was fun. A well planned day that was topped off with the parade laps around LRP. Silly me, I thought it would be like the town Memorial Day parades. Nice and slow and let everyone look at you. This was waaay better!.

And of course, our compliments to the chefs for tasty burgers, hot dogs and fresh baked brownies, still oven warm and gooey!

Looking over all the other Zs parked on the lawn (and reminisced with Alan's slide show-nice job!) I have a lot of ideas for what to do. The difficulty is they all need to be done, and my impatience wants them done yesterday.

Thanks again,
Jay & Deb De Vivo
'83 280ZX Turbo 2+2

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:59 pm 

Sorry I missed this one, they're always fun.
Been on the road for the last 2weeks.
Leaving before dawn's early light tomorrow (yes,you read that right) for the 10 hr romp from Kalamazoo,Mi. to Memphis for ZCON2015.
Z ya at the next meeting!
Al

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:12 pm 

Missed ya, Al. Thought about you as we were lining up to pull onto the track.
Enjoy ZCon! I've spent summers in Memphis; hope you don't melt.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 11:42 am 

If anyone has a picture of either myself and or my car, could you please forward it to me. I was so enamored with all the other Z's that I forgot to take pictures for my sponsor.
Thanks,
Tommy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 8:09 pm 

Great pictures Al! Thanks for helping me relive the day!