Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Forums

Username:  
Password:  
Log me on automatically each visit
Register 
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:04 pm
Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Discussion Forums   
If you have trouble logging in or encounter any issues, please send an email to webmaster@ctzcc.com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:58 pm 
Site Admin

PLEASE NOTE: THE DATE FOR THIS MEETING HAS BEEN CHANGED FROM SEPT. 10th to SEPT. 17th!

Don't miss our final monthly meeting of the 2014 season! On Wednesday Sept. 17th, we'll be gathering at Miller Nissan in Fairfield, CT. The meeting starts at 7pm, but come early (6:30pm) for extra "hang-out" time.

Miller Nissan is located right off exit 24 of I-95 at:
930 Kings Highway
Fairfield, CT 06825

When I stopped by Miller Nissan a few days ago, Jeff Wirth gave me a complete tour of the unbelievable renovations that they recently completed. When we had our meeting here last year, you might recall that the showroom had just been finished. Now, the service department has been redone and it is very impressive. You will definitely want to see it for yourself - the entire space is open, bright, state-of-the-art and simply gorgeous.

Both Kyle Miller and Jeff told me how excited they are that our club will be having a meeting there. Miller Nissan has been a terrific and enthusiastic supporter of the club for many years, so please join me in thanking them for once again hosting us.

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone on the 17th!

- Jim

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 4:44 am 
Site Admin

Don't forget that tonight we'll be gathering at Miller Nissan in Fairfield for our final monthly meeting of the 2014 season.

The weather is going to be perfect (although a lightweight coat might be a good idea) so please join us for an enjoyable, surprise-filled evening.

See you later!

- Jim

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:38 am 

Looking fwd to the surpriZes!!!

Attachments:
File comment: OhBoyOhBoyOhBoy!
Dancing Snoopy.jpg
Dancing Snoopy.jpg [ 15.63 KiB | Viewed 7454 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:41 am 

(Are we still planning on raffling off that shoebox full of $20 bills, too?)

Attachments:
cashshoebox.jpg
cashshoebox.jpg [ 29.34 KiB | Viewed 7448 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 2:51 pm 

Well, sadly, the final meeting of our 2014 zeason has come and gone. Where did 2014 go??? Several members commented that the year has just flown past.

Once again Miller Nissan hosted us in grand fashion, moving all their vehicles to provide parking for about 35 Z cars. At one point we had something close to 35-40 members and guests in the lot, altho only about 30 of them could stick around for the meeting. The whole Miller dealership has been rehabbed inside, to provide a huge 'man cave' meeting area. We were very comfortable and impressed by the fancy interior areas.

Miller broke from the piZZa tradition and served us trays of hot catered TexMex chow, which went nicely with our surpriZe "guest speaker". Members were treated to a live Skype appearance by our Texas member Jim Arnett. We put Jim up on the wall-mounted Big Screen so everyone could see him.

Jim is solely responsible for our highly popular RESTORATION TIPS forum (it was his suggestion, years ago), and made the first entries by walking us thru his home-restoration of a Dec/70 240Z. Jim has owned the car since new and, about 5 years ago, decided to pull it down to the bare metal and restore it. He shared each step with us in photos and dialogue and we got 3.5 years worth of Q&A out of his project and a highly popular new forum for our Club Website. His car is downright amaZing and drew lots of admiration from all who saw it on the Skype broadcast. It is nothing short of perfect and several of us asked about buying it outright. 8) Jim laughed at us. The car is not for sale at any price. This was Jim's first opportunity to 'e-meet' some of the many members he has been corresponding with on the CTZCC Website over the past many years. We also walked him thru the parking lot before the meeting, so he could meet and gab with many members and zee their cars. Jim 'dressed appropriately' for our e-Meeting, wearing his Z Car Club of Texas shirt. :lol:

Club enthusiasm continues to flourish as evidenced by our MerchandiZe Director (Keith Hultmark) being nearly over-run in the parking lot by members buying new winter CTZCC clothing items and window decals. Selling embroidered CTZCC merchandiZe is one of the few ways in which the Club makes money to fund our year-to-year events and activities. The low prices mean less profit for the Club, but the high volume demand for the quality items keeps our skinny Club Kitty alive. It was obvious that Jim Arnett needs an embroidered CTZCC shirt down in Richardson TX. :wink:

FLASH: Our esteemed PreZident Jim Hagani sadly announced the end of his CTZCC PreZidency at the conclusion of 2014. He has lead us for two years and done a tremendous job for us as Prez. He will retain his (lifetime) duties as Webmaster for our highly successful CTZCC.com website, but will join Ross Williams as another PreZident Emeritus beginning 01Jan15.

Jim passes the figurative keys to the Club to our popular Vice PreZident and Club Photographer, "Uncle" Phil Parent! :D Phil will assume PreZidency on 01Jan15, and figure out how to take pictures of everyone while governing the Club at the same time. Phil will be a natural for this job, since everyone knows and admires him. We count on each member to support Phil and volunteer to help out however and whenever he might need us. Thank you, Jimmy and thank you, Phil. The responsibilities of Club leadership are weighty and constant. It can take the breath out of strong men to keep pace with a 700-member Club. I thought I saw the first grey hair on Jimmy last night. I hope we haven't beaten him up too badly over the past 24 months.

And that brings to mind that our Founding Father, Ross Williams, served as our first PreZident for more than 5 years AND did everything [except master the website] BY HIMSELF for the first 3+ years. Ross was the single-handed Lone Ranger during the first years of the CTZCC, before he appointed any other Club Officers to help him in any category. That marathon burden must have required Herculean effort. Ross maintains a good sense of humor about those days (his family less so), but you can see in his eyes his own disbelief at all he somehow managed to accomplish single-handedly. Well done, Ross. Rest now, and have fun with the rest of us in the great Club you thought up and created. Save a seat for Jimmy too.

Our night ended with a walk-thru tour of the incredible new Miller facility. Lots of interest was paid to the new hi-speed garage doors, which zip up and down in an instant to keep the weather out of the service area. The showroom and interior offices were all brand-spankin' new and spotlessly clean. Modern technology is evident in every corner, to streamline customers' experience of buying a car at Miller.

The whole Miller family has supported this Club with enthusiasm and loyalty since our member (and their employee) Robert Maxwell introduced us 5+ years ago. As always, we encourage all our members to "support our supporters". When you're in the market for a new (or used) Nissan or service to your car, take your business to Miller and make sure they know you're a CTZCC member.

Our next scheduled event is the Annual Fall Outing Picnic at Ross' Darien home next month. But so few of us are willing to zee this zeason end, I won't be surpriZed if someone invents some other spontaneous excuse(s) to get the Zs together before the snow falls.

Whew! What a great season! Thanks, PreZident Jim, for another successful, fun and safe year of Z camaraderie. :thumbs_up:
Zee you at Ross' next month.

Frank T

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:23 pm 

Sorry to have missed the last official meeting but for me Fairfield is a long haul especially at night in my Z.

Thanks for all you did Jim as President and enjoy the time off . . . I am certain that Phil will feel right at home in the big chair and will have everyone's support.

I am certainly looking forward to any idea's for a get together that may arise especially during the Leaf season. 8)

75' - 280Z - HLS30203249 - #304 Gold Metallic (stockish)
96' - 300zx TT - JN1CZ24d3TX960293 - Black on Black (enhanced)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:15 pm 
Site Admin

It certainly was a terrific evening at Miller Nissan last night! They did everything short of rolling out a red carpet for us. And "WOW!" what a place they've built. My work requires me to be more current with technology than most people, but some of the state-of-the-art features they have still amazed me. The motion activated LED lights, the garage doors (that rocket open or shut in what seems to be less than than 2 seconds), the computerized key and plate inventory system, the smartphone app that allows them to view and pan the 22 ceiling mounted cameras - really incredible stuff. I wish them great success with the new showroom and service facilities, which, like the folks at Miller, are simply awesome.

And thanks Frank, Karl and everyone else for their much-appreciated kind words about my two year term as the club's president. It's been an amazing, challenging, but most of all fun two years - I never expected my term to fly by so quickly. Just like Ross, who preceded me, was invaluable to me every minute I served as Prez., I plan to be there for Phil. I am confident that his two year term will be a successful one and I look forward to watching him take the club in new and exciting directions.

- Jim

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:46 pm 

What a way to end the 2014 CTZCC monthly meeting schedule!! We had a great turnout on a wonderful Fall evening at a fantastic Nissan facility. What more could we ask for!

A very cordial thank you to Jeff Wirth, the Miller family and the Miller Nissan staff. We appreciate the time and effort you expend for every event we hold at Miller Nissan. Anxious to see you again next year!

Please follow the link to the photos from last night. Not the best of lighting conditions, but you can see that a good time was had by all who attended.

https://picasaweb.google.com/philctzcc/ ... 0993740130

As for assuming the CTZCC presidency. I am honored to have the opportunity to follow in the footsteps of those that preceded me. They are awful big shoes to fill!

See you all at the Fall Outing!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 7:30 pm 

Great pic's wish I could have been there. 8) :thumbs_up:

75' - 280Z - HLS30203249 - #304 Gold Metallic (stockish)
96' - 300zx TT - JN1CZ24d3TX960293 - Black on Black (enhanced)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:13 pm 

Good pics, Phil ~ I actually like the dark contrast of the cars in the lot. I wouldn't even call them 'dark'; I would name them 'selective lighting'.