Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Forums

Username:  
Password:  
Log me on automatically each visit
Register 
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:49 am
Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Discussion Forums   
If you have trouble logging in or encounter any issues, please send an email to webmaster@ctzcc.com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
  Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:46 pm 

Now if I can only find the 5-speed gear box... :roll:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:51 pm 

Too many parts already . . . . or you need one ? ?

Bryan Little had 2, I bought one . . . . see this link if you need one he may still have one. 8)

Link > > > > >http://forums.ctzcc.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=8310

75' - 280Z - HLS30203249 - #304 Gold Metallic (stockish)
96' - 300zx TT - JN1CZ24d3TX960293 - Black on Black (enhanced)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:45 pm 

Gentlemen and Ladies: I am trying to contact Phil for help uploading photos from Picasa of or meeting at Track Karting.
So sorry for the inconvenience. It was a great event and again, my apologies for the delay.
Alan

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:21 am 

What a great time it was indeed. :D Great to Z everyone and there Z cars and the 510's....Awesome they are. First road trip for me this year....after a total of 7 hours driving and 2 laps around the track....still a little stiff in the elbows today. First time kart racing, yea, defiantly fun. I was having too much fun drifting, taking the kart to it's limits and trying to keep it in control. Less spin outs in set 2. The main thing I learned is less spin out, because it takes the kart time to get up to speed. So drifting not good for time.....but sure a whole lot of fun. :D Second round I thought I'd follow Collin........could sure learn something from him, but that only lasted so long. :shock: Your the Man :D Great race Everyone. :wink: FYI, there is F1 Boston out in my area. I actually heard about it on the show, "The Phantom Gourmet" for the restaurant they have as well. They have 2 indoor tracks. ***************************************************************************** Pacosta, nice meeting you and the gang, I'll get back via email, yea I Forgot, I think Brian Little might have that other 5-speed. I bought the ZX one. ****************************************************************************** also, who owns the Black Z31 turbo (awesome) that is missing the turbo lens in the back? I have one.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:49 am 

Please give the link to Al's pictures a try now. You should be all set.

https://picasaweb.google.com/philctzcc/ ... 1082212722

Thanks Al for covering the event!!

Phil

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:47 am 

Awesome pictures Alan!

Thanks for the assist Phil. We missed you!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:22 am 

Really good pictures, Al ~ you did an excellent job.

For those who couldn't attend and might be wondering, all the Karts you see in Al's photos are our members. I know they're hard to identify while they all look like bugs, but neither of our races was allowed to be invaded by outsiders. We raced against each other.
Two electronic scoreboards kept track of each driver's time and position, so a progress check was instantly available. I got pics of the scoreboards, but alas, I'm neither as smart, clever or lucky as Alan. :?

The drivers' smiles after the race tell the whole story. So does Murph's emphatic "They flagged you to move over and let me pass!" as Ross walks by, laughing.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:24 am 

Thanks for a night of great racing! It was an absolutely thrilling chase, but huge congrats to Colin for taking the trophy home once again! Can't wait until next year :twisted:.

As a last note, sorry to anyone that I may have bumped or spun out by accident! :oops:

If any of you have been bitten by the racing bug and want to throw your Z around like a gokart (minus the bumping/crashing), give autocross a try! :D

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:23 pm 

What a great time! Thanks Ross and Jim for putting this together...thanks to Alan for the great pics...and thanks to Frank for the touch of drama...you should have been an action film script writer!

Kudos to Justin for the FTD! Nice work.

I'll have to drop a couple of pounds and get in shape to have any chance of getting the trophy next year. :lol: I too apologize if I nudged anyone while diving in, late braking. :oops:

GPNY in Mount Kisco, NY is another indoor karting facility - great place - 2 tracks with elevation changes. On Friday nights they link the tracks together...it's a workout to say the least. Not to mention they have a bar - nice to have a brew post-drive. http://www.gpny.com/#!race/c66t

And if you want to take things to the next level - here's what a ride is like at OVRP in NY in a 27hp Rotax kart: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQCzYlhb4hY
http://www.ovrp.net/
http://www.f1outdoors.com/
http://ekartingnews.com/

Speaking of auto-x (and Lime Rock) - they now have an autocross program on the infield tracks. It's not cheap, but you get a ton of seat time, you won't get lost in a sea of cones, and don't have to work running after cones. At the end of the day, they link the 2 tracks together - folks are worn out by the end. I am thinking about running one of their August events:
http://limerock.com/index.php?option=co ... Itemid=282

Cheers,
Colin

1970 Datsun 240z #11137

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 9:01 am 

Great picture taking, nice. Those 510's are sweet, and I like the smoke lenses on the 370, and all the Z's look sweet as well. Yea, I too am sorry for a few bumps....first timer. :oops: Brakes worked good....tires not so much. :roll:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 1:36 pm 

Stop the presses.

In all fairness, I have just found proof that the fastest lap time of our event was actually made by PORKBUN, who claims never to have Karted before!!!! :shock: We must give credit where it's due.

Cleaning out my Z just now, I found the official lap time score sheet from On Track Karting for "Heat 75" (our final heat). It shows The Stig, Black Stig, The Murf, Zorro and Jeffrey all holding really quick lap times.

But the quickest lap of our entire night was turned by Porkbun (!!!), who beat every one of us, running his 5th lap in just 45.858-sec. Traffic and spinouts for the rest of the heat brought his AVERAGE down to 51.855 for that heat, but his 5th lap holds our Fastest Time of the Day. Talk about beginner's luck!

That doesn't qualify him for the trophy, since he didn't do it in the first heat. But it does give him bragging rights. His time was the 7th fastest all day (since they opened the door that day), and he was the quickest amongst all of us Z people.

Some of the guys who work there ran 44.9 second laps before we started, when there was no traffic ahead of them, but they get to play on their "home course" whenever they want to and know which Karts are quickest.

For Heat #75, JTang ran his 45.89, The Stig ran his 46.0, and Colin Jr ran 46.55.

SOMEHOW, Porky beat them all. :mrgreen:

Nice work!

Frank

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 3:05 pm 

PS ~ I'll hold on to the evidence for awhile in case anyone wants to zee it for thmslvs.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:22 pm 

This was one of the closer events (closer to work which is pretty far) and im glad I went! Hard to beat the CTZCC, Z's, 510's, ice cream, pizza and racing! I also got to pick up parts from Paul that I needed to get Daphne's front end back together and she'll look completely different the next meeting I go to (this time with real paint!).

Karting was tons of fun and Im happy to say I learned a lot. Lots of experimenting which gave me inconsistent times and a few spinouts but that one lap was the one where I didnt feel like I was fighting with the kart and fighting to gain traction. Wasnt really paying attention to the times when on the track but after finding out that I had a hot lap, I was tempted to go back on the track :twisted:. Definitely want to do some more karting at one of the places cfg240z mentioned :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:36 pm 

Bob Sharp watched you and a few others from the sidelines. He has an eye for natural ability, I guess. Some people are just born to easily do what the rest of us struggle at.

Plus the fact that you don't weigh anything. 8) :mrgreen: :thumbs_up:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:51 pm 
Site Admin

Excellent photos, Alan. Thanks for "Phil"ing in as club photographer!

I've added the photo album link to our gallery page.

- Jim

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next