Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Forums

Username:  
Password:  
Log me on automatically each visit
Register 
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:40 pm
Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Discussion Forums   
If you have trouble logging in or encounter any issues, please send an email to webmaster@ctzcc.com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
  Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 5:28 pm 

Sounds like it will be a spectacular day for the show . . . . . :thumbs_up:

75' - 280Z - HLS30203249 - #304 Gold Metallic (stockish)
96' - 300zx TT - JN1CZ24d3TX960293 - Black on Black (enhanced)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 6:45 pm 

So I guess we'll hold off on that new product for now and Z ya Sunday. Phil, I will bring the RIGHT side T-top. :wink: I guess I have a day to finish my New project.....280zx glove box interior in a 240. 98% finished. :thumbs_up: And a working door as well. (this makes the wife happy) :o

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 8:14 pm 

Incredibly late notice due to the weather (best laid planz etc) BUT there WILL be a Saturday happy hour for you Eastern Ct/RI types here at Big Alz Bar n Grill. In addition, at least 2 s30s will be leaving for the show 9a sharp on Sun. Who's in?

Big Alz Bar n Grill
184 Latham Dr
Jewett City,Ct
512 228 8377

Attachments:
BAB&G2.JPG
BAB&G2.JPG [ 78.98 KiB | Viewed 7388 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 7:45 am 

As long as the Genesee River is flowin I'm there................but if it down pours might have to work around that. (watching the Satellite/Radar) My tires do say, "Do Not Drive in the Rain" :shock: I might as well take my wipers of too. :P

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 8:26 pm 

Karl, if you're going from Somers, let's meet up. I'm in Windsor. I'll try to PM you.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 9:14 pm 

I volunteered to help Park . . . so I have to be there for 8:30 . . . . . I will prob be going through Windsor by 7:45 or so . . . I'm a Gold Metallic S30 . . . . . I know your a black 300zx right ?
What exit / entrance will you get on 91 from ?

75' - 280Z - HLS30203249 - #304 Gold Metallic (stockish)
96' - 300zx TT - JN1CZ24d3TX960293 - Black on Black (enhanced)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 5:29 am 

Ahhh......truly a grand and glorious day for a car show.

Good call, PreZ ~ well done. You choZe the right weather. :thumbs_up:

[Al, is that B&G open after the show today?]

Attachments:
Snoopy dancing.jpg
Snoopy dancing.jpg [ 47.08 KiB | Viewed 7345 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 6:04 am 
Site Admin

Yes - it looks like today is going to be the silver lining from yesterday's storm clouds.

I'll be packing up and heading to North Haven shortly.

I hope everyone has a safe, enjoyable and uneventful drive - see you later this morning!

- Jim

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 6:49 am 

A great day it is. Good call. :D Karl if you can park me close to a T.V. :shock: It's opening day for the Patriots, just so you know. :thumbs_up: (I'm speaking for my wife by the way, she's the Patriot nut) :roll:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 4:51 pm 

WOW.....WOW....wow. What a wonderful event this year's car show turned out to be! The weather was nearly perfect, the whole Executive Nissan dealership was available to us (including an airconditioned TV lounge, with the Patriots game inside :wink: ) and some of the best Z cars we've ever hosted showed up for our 2014 Z Car Show!

I got uncharacteristically distracted and lost count of the exact numbers of Zs we had, but it had to be around 80. They came from every Clime and Place; I saw CT, NJ, NY, NH, RI and MA entries. We met some great new Z owners who jumped in their cars at Dawn's Early Light and drove many miles to be here with us today. Happily, many of them went home with some fine trophies and raffle winnings. Others went home with a great tan and big smiles on tired faces. Some of our own long-lost members found their way out of the woods and appeared like Prodigal Sons, and were welcomed with open arms and a year's worth of stories. These events are more and more about the individual "Z family" members as time goes on. Our Parking team did an excellent job telling everybody where to go, but I really wish Mike Rosann had been here to park everyone this year. It would have been great to have been greeted by him at the gate. :D

But the CARS knocked our socks off this year!!! We were extremely glad to have so many absolutely stunning entries from out-of-state Z owners, and they brought their family members with them for the long trip to CT. Thanks to everybody who came today ~ it was a lifetime memory for most of us, and makes us wish the day had been longer so we could have spoken with each visitor and member individually. You Z guys and gals are the very best people in our daily lives, and we are grateful to know you. And you do some fascinating things to your carz.

Also, sincere thanks to each individual who dug into pocket or purse to buy any single item from us today. As you all know, we don't charge dues. Any money we make comes from sales of CTZCC merchandiZe, raffle tickets and car entry fees, and this event only happens once a year. From our tiny little Z Kitty, we pay for all the trophies and many of the gifts the winners take home, as well as food at many of our events and meetings. So if you entered your Z today, thank you. If you bought a raffle ticket or a hotdog or hamburger today, THANK YOU. If you bought any of our CTZCC merchandiZe, THANK YOU. You helped fund the whole CTZCC calendar until our next Z Car Show.

And a word of thanks for our great CTZCC Officer Corps, who tirelessly volunteered their time and effort (and even brought their families as slave-labor) to work together as a team and make this happen. Making a car show work is no small feat ~ it takes a LOT of planning, coordination and behind-the-scenes effort to pull it all together and make it work right. The fact that this was PreZident Jim's *first* car show was certainly not evident today ~ it went off like fireworks and appeared as if he had been doing it for years. No Club Officer is paid ~ everything they do is Pro Bono. They all hit the beach early this morning and set things up before the first entries arrived; WELL DONE. They even made this work perfectly, despite a last-minute change to the rain-date [due to ystrdy's nasty weather].

Jim Hagani, you certainly pulled a rabbit out of your hat today. Very well done, sir. Congratulations and THANK YOU (thunderous applause from the masses).

WHEW! What a great day! :D

Frank T

Last edited by Frank T on Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 5:34 am 

Frank hit the Nail on the head, Thanks for the kind words, sir.

Thanks everyone for coming out to play yesterday. When the Z cars and their great owners come out to an event, it inspires us to do it again and make it better for years to come.

Thank you to Executive Nissan for the great location and enthusiasm. They are already are looking forward to having us back for the 2015 CTZCC show. Rick Marino commented on how great all the Z's looked and how well behaved this group of people are.

See you at the next event.

1976 Porsche 912E. #163 of 2200 - SOLD (3 years owned)
2018 BMW 330i GT xdrive daily driver
2004 BMW Z4 3.0i ….it is a Z

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:13 am 
Site Admin

Yesterday was an awesome day!

Thank you to Executive Nissan for being such wonderful hosts (they even came in 2 hours early on a Sunday morning just to open the bathrooms for us); to all my fellow Officers for their tireless efforts not just yesterday, but throughout the months of planning; to the many awesome club members (such as Karl, Frank, Filipe and Alan) whose invaluable help kept everything running smoothly and everyone happy; and to everyone who joined us yesterday from near and far.

What makes a car show a great event is not just the cars, the food or the raffles - ultimately it's the people there that matter most. And what an amazing group we had yesterday - everyone was so friendly, pleasant and fun, it was impossible not to have a great time.

- Jim

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:28 am 

I'd like to add one more word of thanks to EVERYONE who attended ystrdy, for helping to keep our area clean! After the last entrant left for the day, CTZCC members walked thru the area to clean up after them. It was hardly necessary! There was no significant trash to be found. Thank you, one and all. You represent your own Z clubs well.

Places which host our car events go to a lot of trouble to have us visit, and it's rewarding when their guests (us) don't trash the place.

It says something very good about 150 strangers who get together for 8 hrs and leave the place looking better than it did when they arrived.

All our moms would be proud. :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:41 am 

I' m so bummed I was unable to attend this one!
Hmmmm...............
Or was it so good because I was missing it?

The car show I attended in Eastham on the Cape ( reason I was missing) was fine with many pristine older 20's - 50's cars and some really sweet muscle cars, including two gorgeous 63 split window vettes, but I'll admit to suffering withdrawlZZZZ.

'03 Z33 Touring 6 spd Chrome Silver (~stock)
'09 GT-R Super Silver... Lusty Enough As Is!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:54 pm 

Let me guess ~ a car show in Eastham would probably be at the Windmill park, right?

I spent a lot of summers there and was once very familiar with the whole town.

Last edited by Frank T on Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next