Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Forums

Username:  
Password:  
Log me on automatically each visit
Register 
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:32 pm
Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Discussion Forums   
If you have trouble logging in or encounter any issues, please send an email to webmaster@ctzcc.com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 9:49 am 

Went to Carburetors and Caffeine this morning for the first time and there were a LOT of car. :shock: Today was Ferrari day so they had a number of Ferraris fill up an entire street. I thought that was the extent of the meeting but there was an entire street, parking lots, alleys etc. filled with cars. Heres the album of the pictures I took but there weren't very many since there were soooo many cars and I didn't have much time.
But wait! Whats that I see?
This car looks awfully familiar!
And look at the crowd it drew! Finally a Z!
2 for 1 sale! The BP!

Took some walking videos on my way out since there was no way I was going to take pictures of all of those cars. Cool event thats not far from home (for me a least!)

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 10:07 am 

Hey Adam. I was there too and sorry I missed you. I also couldn't find our friend Rob who drove down from Jamestown, RI. I thought this was going to be a little show with maybe 50 cars. There were literally hundreds of cars - my guess would be about 3-400 throughout every street, alleyway and parking lot in downtown New Canaan. Only at Lime Rock have I seen more cars in one place. Elm street was reserved for Ferraris, which took up two blocks on both sides of the road.

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 7:11 pm 

That was a great car show! There was a such a variety of cars, old and new, foreign and domestic. I didn't count, but 300-400 sounds right, maybe more. I'm glad I made the trip. It was a great setting for a show. New Canaan has a beautiful downtown.

It was good to see and chat with you again Larry!

Ross, I missed you again. I was there from 8-11am. I passed by your car a couple times hoping to see you with no luck. I just got your pm on here. I wish I thought to check on here while I was there. I used to get an email that notified me immediately when I received a pm or subscribed to a thread, but It's not working anymore. That would have been nice if it was still working. There was so many people there it would have been dumb luck if we actually ran into each other like I did with Larry. Next time at least I'll have your number.

My son Joe had a great time. He has started to develop a taste for the really expensive cars. I can't blame him, I do too. I'm just happy he is starting to get into cars. Here's a few pictures of Joe with some of the cars he liked.

ImageImage

He really wanted to see an Italia. This was his favorite of the 3 there.

1st and only F-type coupe is the US right now they said. This is is my favorite modern car. If only it came in a manual.

I've never seen an F40 in person. Made it in the nick of time to get a video right as he was leaving.
https://flic.kr/p/ndezfb

Joe loves Porsche's just like his dad. This was his favorite, a GT3RS.

He didn't pay this one too much attention, but this was my favorite Porsche there. Porsches look great in orange too!

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 9:46 pm 

I got an early-morning heads-up invitation to this, but I was in Canada where my phone
doesn't work, so I didn't learn of it until late tonight! :cry: Sorry I missed it.

I'd take the Z cars, as shown. No hesitation.

But WHERE did that lovely blue 1970s A-110 Renault Alpine (ahl-PEEN) Abarth come from??!!! :shock: Hopefully they trailered it to the show and rolled it into position, because they certainly were NOT docile enough to be considered street cars back in The Day.

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 11:01 pm 

rob240z wrote:
That was a great car show! There was a such a variety of cars, old and new, foreign and domestic. I didn't count, but 300-400 sounds right, maybe more. I'm glad I made the trip. It was a great setting for a show. New Canaan has a beautiful downtown.

It was good to see and chat with you again Larry!

My son Joe had a great time. He has started to develop a taste for the really expensive cars. I can't blame him, I do too. I'm just happy he is starting to get into cars. Here's a few pictures of Joe with some of the cars he liked.

Glad to hear everyone enjoyed it! The next Carburetors and Caffeine is on June 15 and hopefully all the cars will defrost by then

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:08 pm 

Havent been going to these and its looked like ive missed a lot!

Next event is October 19 at Waveny Park! Going to try and make this one

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 7:25 am 

Waveny Park in New Canaan is an awesome location for this gathering. I plan to be there at about 8:00am but need to leave at about 9:45am. If you are relatively close, I highly recommend this outing.