Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Forums

Username:  
Password:  
Log me on automatically each visit
Register 
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:29 pm
Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Discussion Forums   
If you have trouble logging in or encounter any issues, please send an email to webmaster@ctzcc.com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 6:40 pm 

hey, i just signed for this club and im not too sure if there is an age limit at this show...mostly looks like an older crowd from the video and pictures from pictures of the previous car show. im 18 and was planning on taking the trip up from new jersey with my family. im about two hours out. btw my car is a 1994 300zx n/a 5 speed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 6:59 pm 

Hi Joefairladyz32!

Our club is a pretty big range of ages. We've got Vietnam vets, and we've got guys who are still in their teens. My name is Filipe, I'm 20. Believe me, you'll want a few of the "older" guys around. A lot of them can tell you (and most people) more than you'll want to hear! Like they say, "age is but a number" these guys have the hearts of 25 year olds when it comes to the Z car!

Hope to see you there!

Last edited by Filipe on Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:53 pm 

Well said Filipe!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:03 am 

Isn't Ross's son one of the youngest members. :D I think the only requirement for this club is You just have to LOVE Z CARS :!:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:04 am 

Hi Joe ~ welcome aboard! It would be grand to meet you and Zee your Z on Saturday! This annual picnic is a laid-back, fun-only, all-free gathering before we put the cars away for the winter. It's our sad farewell to each other until the Zeason starts again next year. We've had a really good year in 2013 so we have lots of stories to share with you when we meet you. Please DO bring your family and get acquainted with us. No dogs, no booze, no swearing, no fighting, no chainsaws, please. :lol: This is just about clean family fun and it is an excellent time for you to meet us!
I look fwd to zeeing you there tmrw.

And by the way, our eldest member is 76, and our youngest member I remember was 16 when he joined us, and is in college today and hopefully will return to us for this picnic tmrw. (RIGHT, Patrick?) The younger guys are the FUTURE of the Z cars in the USA, so it's of paramount importance that we develop and inspire a love in them for these cars TODAY. We Baby Boomers who were teenagers when these cars came out back in the 1970s are not getting any younger. We have poured our souls into these cars over the years and the day is slowly (I hope) approaching when we won't be able to care for them any longer. If we fail to educate the young guys about these cars TODAY, it will be too late when they inherit them after we're gone. Many of us have 40 years of blood sweat and tears invested in these Zs and your generation will inherit them when we become too old to drive (or breathe :roll:). So the younger you are when you join us, the more time you have to learn about these wonderful/horrible machines and how to keep them fed and watered. I'm glad you're curious now. By the time you're 20 you will need to be able to do a lot of interesting things with the Datsun or Nissan Z cars.

Last edited by Frank T on Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:14 am 

Joe,
The diversity in ages, cars, abilities and philosophies ("keep it original", "resto-mod", "V-8 swap") is what makes the club so much fun. Please come and bring as many folks as will fit in your Z car. And please encourage some of your NJZCC members to caravan up with you!

Ross