Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Forums

Username:  
Password:  
Log me on automatically each visit
Register 
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:16 pm
Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Discussion Forums   
If you have trouble logging in or encounter any issues, please send an email to webmaster@ctzcc.com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
  Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:01 am 

There's one at every show. Nice try!

Attachments:
DSC_4351.jpg
DSC_4351.jpg [ 201.34 KiB | Viewed 9134 times ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:50 am 
Site Admin

Thank you, Ross, for a wonderful day - again!

The Outing has always been a unique and wonderful way to cap off the season and somehow it just keeps getting better and better!

So thanks again for hosting all of us yesterday and for all the hard work and dedication you put in all season long.

- Jim

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:27 am 

It was fun to watch the kids bounce around on the fenced-in trampoline in the back yard, too. I was tempted!

The turn-out this year was excellent. This was the first time I've ever felt concern about maybe not having enough room for everyone. At the end we were parking Zs in the pass-thru lanes btwn the rows of cars, because there just wasn't another spot open anywhere. We tried to keep those lanes open for one of our members who *might* have to race home to take his pg wife to the hospital to deliver their first child at any moment (boy, THAT's Z-dedication!) and I was starting to get a bit worried, but it never happened.

I was impressed by the numbers of passers-by who stopped their cars to admire and photograph the "car lot" full of classic Zs on Ross' front lawn. Some of them found parking on the road and walked in just to stare in amaZement and take pictures. One woman called her husband from her cellphone and described to him the incredible scene she was standing in the middle of. He was an on-call doctor and couldn't leave, but begged her to take as many photos as she could.

And photographers walked in, too! Locals with $2,000 cameras came in and shot photos of every car, every angle, and tried to get overhead photos from atop The Great Wall. We gave them a little history of the CTZCC while they shot.

Jim and Phil, CONGRATULATIONS on successfully completing your first year as PreZident and VP of the Club. You both did fine jobs all year and work well together as a team. This great event served as a fitting cap to your Inaugural Zeason together.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:49 am 

Looks like everyone had a great time.
Next meet my 71 series one and my friends 76 will be there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:48 pm 

Looks like a great turnout!

Was bummed I couldnt make it down. Got stuck working on the truck most the weekend, getting it ready for the cross country trek... darn Tacomas they rust almost as badly as Datsuns!...

‘71 4Dr 510 -- '73 240z

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:40 pm 

http://www.ctpost.com/local/article/9-v ... to-5342119

:o

Good thing my friends and I were going slow taking pictures, otherwise we would probably be # ten!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:14 am 

It was just such an awesome time, wish I had an hour to talk Z's with everybody, wow 4 hours felt like 30 minutes. That's a whole lot of fun. :D Glad people could use some parts, made for a lighter ride home. :wink: Thank you Ross, and all that helped put this on. Much appreciated. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:21 pm 

You folks REALLY know how to throw a party. It was great to look through Phil's pictures, what an awesome turnout of Z cars for it not be a show or convention. We were enjoying identical weather down here in Texas and I was thinking of you guys and gals that afternoon. I know that Frank will yell at me to get up there - perhaps next year.

ZCON 2015 Gold Cup - Street Modified class

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:33 pm 

What a day, fine cars, great location, great people, seems you had a fantastic fall outing. Wonderful pics Phil.
Next year Laura will join and hopefully me :D

Wonderful Club!

Thor

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:13 pm 

Thanks Ross for a great day, wonderful time. Thanks Frank for keeping the aisle open for Colin's "just in case" rush departure, turns out he could have hung out for a while longer.
The Baby was born early this evening, Baby, Mom and Z dad are all doing great.
Colin "the older one"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:57 pm 

I'd like to thank Ross & Brenda for making their home ours for the day and all those who helped make the day such a great one. What a great club!
Seems like this year centered mostly on the NH event with a flurry of activity
in October. Not often such an event comes this close to home, so it's only natural for everything to gravitate to a single major event. The Apple run and the 8th annual gathering really worked well to close off the season.

Next year I'm hoping there will be an opportunity for more Z participation in some of the really good shows throughout the summer. There are many that include all car classes from antique, customs and all makes. Great opportunity to view some wonderful cars and meet the owners, all fellow car enthusiasts, just of a different leaning. Great opportunity to expose them to the wide range of Z's, the car that brought the sports car into the lime light.
Carol & I had a great show and cruise year. Met many new people, (as Ross says, it's about the people), and enjoyed some great venues. I'll be watching the schedules for next year and posting those I know fit the style and class our group would enjoy. One I already target is one of the Coffee and Carburators events in New Canon.
Lastly, I'd like to mention CTZCC's great web site. I don't know of any other club that is able to stay in constant communication ALL YEAR long through the discussion forums on this site. Last year a number of us had a ball building models and posting for about 4 months until spring sprang.
Congrats to those who make this format available. I think it is a major reason for the club's success. Here's to what comes next.
Jack

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:07 am 

tr3hardtop wrote:
Thanks Ross for a great day, wonderful time. Thanks Frank for keeping the aisle open for Colin's "just in case" rush departure, turns out he could have hung out for a while longer.
The Baby was born early this evening, Baby, Mom and Z dad are all doing great.
Colin "the older one"
Colin, Congrats to all of you on the birth of your new grandbaby...........

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:53 pm 

Look what my girlfriend snagged on the way home.... ;)

Attachments:
Screen Shot 2013-10-25 at 11.50.48 PM.png
Screen Shot 2013-10-25 at 11.50.48 PM.png [ 163.09 KiB | Viewed 8787 times ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:40 pm 

I'm not complaining, but why can't I blow up this year's picnic picture on our Homepage? I can zee it's the picture from 2013, but when I click to magnify it, it magically turns into last year's photo. :? How do I make this year's photo magnify? Any body else having this same problem?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:29 pm 

Still having trouble with Calendars? :P

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next