Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Forums

Username:  
Password:  
Log me on automatically each visit
Register 
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:38 am
Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Discussion Forums   
If you have trouble logging in or encounter any issues, please send an email to webmaster@ctzcc.com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
  Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:52 am 

:oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:48 am 

(just dawned on me) Was there Magnets available at the show? Boy, did I space that out. :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:15 am 
Site Admin

Frank T wrote:
I'm not complaining, but why can't I blow up this year's picnic picture on our Homepage? I can zee it's the picture from 2013, but when I click to magnify it, it magically turns into last year's photo. :? How do I make this year's photo magnify? Any body else having this same problem?

I'm happy to announce the full-size Outing photo is finally online! Click on the small version on our homepage, wait a few seconds for the big picture to load, and then marvel at all the finer details of Phil's magical camera...

- Jim

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:29 am 

Aww, what an EXCELLENT shot! I can almost hear all of us singing Happy Birthday to Ross again! And none of us has ever looked younger or more intelligent! Good trick photography, Phil!

I really like the way it loads slowly from the top, sort of forcing you to slow down and appreciate the fall colors as the leaves change. It sort of puts you into a calm, patient mood before revealing the cars, then our family.

While I count 98 people here, I remind myself that both Ross and Phil are on the balcony (and are NEVER seen in these great panoramas), and another lady was diligently cleaning things in the kitchen and didn't hear us call for the group photo (sorry ~ who was that?). Also, the back yard trampoline was being bounced on by some kids and whatever parents were safeguarding them at that time.

So we safely had 100+ people at this great event. Can't blame Brenda for making a good excuse to be at her daughter's college that day! 8) We missed you Brenda, but we completely understand. :lol:

Frank T

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:58 am 

And by the way, I think it's appropriate to thank everyone who attended for their excellent manners and housekeeping. I was one of the last cars to leave that day. The entire yard had been raked clean just minutes before everyone began arriving, so the whole scene was pristine when the caravans arrived.
As I walked across the length of the yard to reach my ride, I saw TWO (2) name tags dropped in the grass. Not a single other item was in sight ~ nobody left a mess, or used Ross' yard as an ashtray, or spun their wheels across his lawn while leaving. Of course I picked up the name tags and actively searched for anything else, but you guys left the place just like you found it. Well done.
That's an important consideration for why this Club keeps getting invited back everywhere we gather. We're respectful, enthusiastic, and we pick up after ourselves when we leave. We have received some very enthusiastic comments made about us from several sponsors who marveled at the fact there was no evidence of having 70+ Z cars gathered there in the previous hour. Y'all make me proud.

I will mention to those who left the picnic as if they were at LeMans or Sebring (you know who you are), pleaZe don't do that again. As we read in the invitation, that is a very exclusive, very quiet neighborhood and Ross knows each of his neighbors in both directions up and down his road. They all know him and they know why we gather there each year. If you tear past their quiet home taching 6,000 rpm and spinning your tires each shift, they know where you came from and why you're on their road. We ask you to respect their privacy and not disturb them like that again, pleaZe. Outside clubs are always invited to join us each year, but this is private property and we ask you to play nice while you're here. If we lose our privilege to meet there annually, maybe we'll gather on your lawn, instead. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:35 pm 

Frank T wrote:
I will mention to those who left the picnic as if they were at LeMans or Sebring (you know who you are), pleaZe don't do that again. 8)

Thanks Frank. Overall it was a pleasure to host the Fall Outing again this year. As you mentioned, there was barely a scrap of waste anywhere to be found on the lawn, which was really impressive.

We did experience 3 to 5 or so cars leaving in quite a loud and fast manner. Next year I think we may want to post some signs as people are exiting to remind them of the need to leave quietly. I will also reinforce it in any invitations or posts on the topic.

I have never had a complaint from a neighbor but that could change if burning rubber upon exit becomes a tradition. Let's encourage these folks to save those displays for their own neighborhoods :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:09 pm 

Great picture! I must have shown up right after it was taken, because everyone was standing there just like they were in the picture. I was late because I was stuck in traffic from the accident for over an hour. I had already driven over 2 hours and there was no way I was turning around at that point. Once I was there it went by really fast.

This was my first time going to a CTZCC event and I had a great time. It was nice to finally met some of you in person. It was great checking out all your nice z's I'd only seen pictures of. I bought a club sweatshirt and t-shirt that I have been wearing around.

Thanks Ross for telling me about this club and hosting a gathering like this. I didn't get to talk to you there and I missed you at zcon too. I'm sure I'll see you at some point, maybe even in Jamestown again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:40 pm 

Frank, the smaller style name tags were lacking sufficient stickum, had to pick mine up and re-stick it about 3 or 4 times during the course of the day... Nice to only have a name tag problem, rest of the event was fantastic............. Thanks again Ross and the whole club. Tom

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:11 pm 

I agree with the "peeling out" as my generation likes to call it. I caught up with the carbon fibered, race-prepped 350Z owner from NY (NJ?) on Facebook. I explained to him that it really wasn't appreciated, and why it wasn't. He did indeed apologize, and said he would "behave" next year.

I apologize if any of these situations were caused by the people that were in groups I invited through the inter webs. Although I did mention that it was a residential neighborhood, some probably couldn't read in between the lines.

I'll be more explicit next year ;)

Go enjoy your Z folks! Give it a spin for all of us college guys who are hundreds of miles away from our own Zs.... Hoping it doesn't snow before Thanksgiving! 8) 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:51 pm 

Filipe, I noticed your 84 zxt when you arrived at the picnic, very nice Z31.. i didn't get to speak to you but definitely admired your ride... Tom

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:56 pm 

Thank you Tom! It really is my pride and joy. One of the few things that I can call 100% mine (under the OK from my parents, of course!)

I saw a lot of people, but recognized more cars than people. It's hard to associate usernames/cars/faces, especially since I've only been around a few of you just a few times.

I've got to get to more meetings. Hopefully the Z won't be on stands for too long this coming season!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:45 am 

["I agree with the "peeling out" as my generation likes to call it"]. I first heard that term about 1954. 8) Glad your generation preserves some traditions.

Thanks for speaking with them about it. As our Membership Dude, it's appropriate that you do what you can to keep them informed of our behavior policies. We're a Club, not a gang. All it takes is for one neighbor to complain to the police and our Annual Fall Outing could take on a very different appearance (like in a public park). That's hardly fair to the rest of us. We all know these Zs are hot, but that neighborhood's not the place to show it.

Tom, I agree about the stickies. I was sure the two I found simply fell off (they make nice souvenirs) and weren't intentionally thrown out. Probably seat belts took many of them off while we were leaving. I knew both the names and neither of them are intentional litterbugs. I met one driver who wore his old name tag from LAST YEAR's PICNIC!!! :lol: We had a good chuckle about that!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:27 am 

Frank, you remember the fifties?? I presume you read about them in history books.

I thought you were 32 years young at most!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:29 am 

I have boots older than that. 8)

["This was my first time going to a CTZCC event"] Rob, you couldn't have choZen a better time to get down here to meet us! It was great to finally have you among the general membership and zee 70+ of the cars. Our meetings usually generate 20-30 cars and about 30-40 members. They are fun and informative, and serve to rekindle old friendships and generate new ones. We move the meetings around the state each month, so people in each corner of CT can have easier access to us once in awhile, and we're always looking for new venues to meet at, in order to keep the mileage down for folks like you who have to travel a bit to have fun with us.

That accident which closed down I-95 caused a lot of hassles for people approaching the picnic from the East. I'm sure we actually lost some attendees who simply gave up in the traffic jam and didn't want to overheat their classic Z or risk getting it slammed by inattentive drivers. Not sure where we would have put them all if they had arrived, but we're willing to try!

Hope to zee you at lots of future meetings and events. They're always fun, and your beautiful Z will add some real class to everything we do next Zeason. Really glad you made it.

Last edited by Frank T on Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:59 am 

Well Ross, I bring my wife along so I don't pull out in a loud manner, and how well that works, :roll: So next year you guys bring your wife or girlfriend that will put the fear in you if you do so. :twisted: and you know what fear I'm talking about while your in the cold shower. :shock: :oops:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next