Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Forums

Username:  
Password:  
Log me on automatically each visit
Register 
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:07 pm
Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Discussion Forums   
If you have trouble logging in or encounter any issues, please send an email to webmaster@ctzcc.com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:10 pm 

Frank T wrote:
I'm finding some weird anomalies with the address for the Bentley Pub.

Their website shows the address as 602 Southbridge St in Auburn, 01501. But if you look at Google maps Street View, you'll see they are on the corner of Southbridge and Oxford and you can't enter the property from Southbridge. You must turn onto Oxford Street, which is listed in Worster, Mass, 01601. So if you're following your GPS, the Southbridge address will lead you to a stone wall with no driveway thru it. Their driveways are on Oxford Street, "behind" the restaurant.

http://www.bentleypub.com/contact-bentl ... urn-ma.htm

Bentley is a single level red wooden building which used to be the Picadilly Pub. The parking lot is plenty big for a bunch of Z cars.

The reviews say they don't open their doors until 11:30 AM, so earlier arrivals will not have access to interior facilities.

The location seems good for an obvious meeting place and is only 1 hour from Hartford.

Frank you are correct about the entrances to the parking lot. Until recently you were able to enter the parking lot from both streets. But when they widened rt. 12 a couple years ago they blocked off the entrance and built a retaining stone wall.

What would be a good meeting time there?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:38 pm 

For those leaving a little later, I will be leaving from Old Saybrook, CT at about Noon. About a 2.25 hour drive to Nashua. If anyone wants to meet me at the Marina at Noon, let me know via PM. Otherwise I will see you all in Nashua or on the road on the way.

I95 - I395 - !-290 - I-495, etc.....

1976 Porsche 912E. #163 of 2200 - SOLD (3 years owned)
2018 BMW 330i GT xdrive daily driver
2004 BMW Z4 3.0i ….it is a Z

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:11 pm 

Adam, I was hoping to be at the Bentley Pub not later than noon. Whether I'm the first one there or the last one there makes no difference to me. I don't think I can check into the hotel before 2PM anyway, so there's little sense in getting there in the early morning.

This is not a long trip, only a couple hours. I would enjoy hanging around at the Bentley at least until they open at 1130, meet some others and gather a good cluster of Zs for the final leg up to Nashua. So if I left the Hartford area around 10AM I might meet some other Zs on the road and arrive at the Bentley around noon.

I've found it doesn't pay to try to put too fine a point on it ~ something always ties folks up (usually me :lol: ) and makes it unlikely to get 15 people at one place at one time. It's a lot easier to just say we'll meet btwn X and Y times. I'm not in any hurry to get up to Nashua and wait around for my room to be ready, and it's fun to meet and talk with other CTZCC members along the way. If we stalled at the Bentley for an hour it wouldn't bother me. I'm not attending the opening ceremonies or dinner anyway.

I have decided to go the northern route, tho, instead of the longer southern route. So maybe I'll bump into some other CTZCC members on the way up I-84. I have Ross' phone number and I know how he loves to drive, shift, signal and answer the phone at the same time :roll: so we can keep tabs on his progress with the bunch coming up from RI. That way we can at least have two fair sized groups meeting at the Bentley, and we can hang out awhile to wait for any stragglers (or guys who are running 4:11 or 4:54 rear gears).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 1:06 am 

That sound awesome. I am all for hanging around for other members.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 9:11 am 

:thumbs_up: Right. We don't want anyone feeling 'left behind' on this trip. This isn't a race ~ our arrival time at Nashua is less important than our safe trip, some laughter and good memories along the way. It would be more impressive if we all arrived at Nashua together, but it's not mandatory.
The less pressure we put on this trip the more fun it will be, and I personally salute the idea of gathering at the Pub and arriving at Nashua as a Club if possible. Makes for more camaraderie at the front desk when we all crowd them to check in at one time. :lol: I'm not saying we should "drink our lunch" at the Bentley; none of us drinks and drives, anyway :roll: . But it shows a good siZed parking lot and offers a place to stretch and have some iced tea while we wait for our buddies to arrive. Then we can put someone with a GPS in the lead and follow them to Nashua.
Bentley Pub would probably welcome the sight of 20-30 classic Z cars in their parking lot. It would be good for business as they open their doors on a Monday.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 10:06 am 

I'd meet up with you guys but don't feel right driving with Z's in a rental. :lol: but of course if I see any Z guys ill be sure to have Bill do the Z beep.

Frank I think you should refresh everyone on what the Z beep is. :D

And we are picking up the rental at 9:30am. Then dropping off my wife's vehicle at her job and then off to ZCON. So I'd imagine we should arrive around 1pm or so.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 10:11 am 

["Frank I think you should refresh everyone on what the Z beep is"].

In Morse Code, the letter Z is two long dashes, two short dots (____ /____ /././ ). So the Z beep would be, "BEEEEP BEEEEP, bip bip".

And your rental wouldn't be the only non-Z in the caravan. Others are bringing their daily drivers and hope to ride along with us.

Last edited by Frank T on Sat Aug 03, 2013 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 10:21 am 

Well I might meet up with you guys to at least video the caravan. Just need to figure out where to make the stop. Has a time been determined? I see a lot of back and forth about routes and possible locations.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 10:29 am 

Well, there seem to be two "main" routes out of Connecticut: One up thru Hartford to I-84 into Auburn MASS, and the other up from RI due north into Auburn MASS. Which one you take depends on where you leave from.
Either way, we're sort of "colliding" (if you'll pardon that expression) at the Bentley Pub in Auburn MASS, around noon(ish). No pressure tho ~ it's not as if we're taking Roll Call at the Bentley parking lot or anything. It just sounds like a good place to meet up and all ride in together.

http://www.bentleypub.com/contact-bentl ... urn-ma.htm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 10:33 am 

Thanks Frank. Will stop in to see if you guys are there .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 12:23 pm 

Haven't seen the RI bunch weigh in on the Bentley Pub stop...

Al

Post subject: Thanks Seth
PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 6:05 pm 

Seth it looks like you're in Northborough MA which doesn't work for me to carpool (although it would work to caravan). So thanks for the response though it's not going to work for me.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 6:06 pm 

Anyone driving back through Hartford Wednesday morning?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:20 am 

So, what have we decided is the meeting time or more importantly, the departure time in Auburn? I'm not sure what time I will be leaving Colchester quite yet, but I'm hoping to catch the caravan.

Otherwise, maybe we can meet up with you in Norwich somewhere off of 395 Keith.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:41 am 

Does anybody have a spare pillar z emblem for my 260 that they can bring to the Auburn meeting place. I lost my driver side me weeks ago. I do not car about the condition. Anything looks better than the holes in the pillar.