Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Forums

Username:  
Password:  
Log me on automatically each visit
Register 
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:11 pm
Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Discussion Forums   
If you have trouble logging in or encounter any issues, please send an email to webmaster@ctzcc.com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
  Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:46 pm 

I want that "cool" one.
How do we make that available for everyone on here?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:50 pm 

Let me dial Jim's extension, LOL

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:58 pm 

I'll be down for this once its a tad bit warmer. Would be cool to cruise there with a fleet of Z's! Favorite part of summer is cruising in the Z at night with the t tops off Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:10 pm 

Heck yea man.

It should be packed on a warm night. I can shoot Nara a text and he'll drop in with the 370.

I brought the Z out on the highway today, for my first time...windows down, base tube blasting....it was great!

Get your car going !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:27 pm 

Is it full of Honda heads? A bunch of parking lot meets I went to last year were full of civics with obnoxious owners...VTEC YO!

My car will be back on the road this weekend...hopefully

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:08 pm 

You see everything. Saw some old muscle there too. It really depends on the night I'm sure. It was honda day down in NJ this weekend, so honda folk were already busy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:40 pm 

Filipe wrote:
You see everything.

Nice ladies too?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:34 pm 

You wouldn't want these ladies, Jtang.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:13 am 
Site Admin

ZjustinZ wrote:
I'll be down for this once its a tad bit warmer. Would be cool to cruise there with a fleet of Z's! Favorite part of summer is cruising in the Z at night with the t tops off Image

I'm thinking early July would be perfect...it *should* be warm/hot by then!

- Jim

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:55 am 

Having grown up in the area, I can confirm that there are some weekend nights where there are literally hundreds of cars congragated in various lots up and down the pike. The last time I went cruising there on a weekend (a few years back), there were TONS of old muscle cars jammed into several lots in and around Burker King. I could barely squeak my car through the labyrinth of old Detroit muscle.

I'd definitely be in for an informal Z-cruise down the pike. A foot-long hot-dog at Doogies and a cold shake sounds fantastic :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:30 am 

I'm amazed by the amount of interest in this. I will gladly come up with a game plan to get as many of us out there as possible. I'm thinking sometime in June.

:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:50 am 

Filipe, you missed the '60s. Cruisin' was THE thing to do back then. No matter what else a teen kid did with his time during the week (school, sports, jobs, girlfriends), you could count on seeing him downtown on "The Strip" on weekend nights, especially Friday and Saturday.
Watch "American Graffiti" or listen to the Beach Boys' "I get around".

That was real, dude. That was our young life. We cruised together looking for romance, races, and rumbles. That's why American Graffiti was such a smash hit ~ it gave us all three (rare for a single night's efforts back in the day).

Jobs were a dime a dozen, and every kid had at least one (I had three). If you made $75/week you were a rich kid. If you quit or got fired, you could start another job tomorrow. Beer and a dozen steamed clams or a piZZa (all a kid really needed to survive) was a buck. Gas was 25 cents (CENTS) a gallon. You could buy a good used sportscar for $200 (I did, several times) or a motorcycle for $100. My first Oldsmobile Rocket 88 4-dr was $50 and lasted a full summer.

Those days are gone, but the old Greyhairs you see at these cruise-ins spent their teen years like that. Pontiac invented the "Muscle Car" by stuffing a 389-V8 into a Tempest body called the GTO (Grand Turisimo Omologato), and every other car maker followed suit. We teens were surrounded by multi-carbureted 409 Chevys, 427 Fords, 426 MOPARS, Cobras, XK-Es, Corvettes, Sting Rays (two words) HiPo 289 Mercuries, supercharged Studebaker coupes.....mannnn, you name it ~ the streets were full of them, going in every direction and racing each other door to door. It drove the cops nuts. I had several Austin Healeys, a Porsche. two motorcycles, 3 jobs, 3 girlfriends, cheap gasoline, cold beer and hot pizza whenever I needed any of that.

Yeah, a lot of kids died back then (every one of those Greyhairs lost friends back then) and pot and LSD gave us the Summer of Love in '68, until finally Vietnam came along and rescued us kids from all that. :roll:

You ask anybody over 60 about Cruisin'. You'll hear the most unbelievable stories you ever imagined, and most of them will be true. Those old guys out on the Turnpike? They're reliving their youth as best they can, man.

:wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:34 am 

Dang Frank! That sounds awesome...minus Nam..

I can't wait to hear more of these stories. We learn part of the history from the books in school, but rarely get real world stories. Plus, it's hard to find people who are comfortable talking about Nam, and that era in general. So if there are any of those "greyhairs" on here/in this club that want to give this 20 year old a few stories of the past, I'm all ears.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:02 am 

Oh man I love Doogie's!! Went there after the show at Middletown Nissan last year and instantly fell in love with the dogs!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 6:10 pm 

Anybody doing this tonight?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next