Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Forums

Username:  
Password:  
Log me on automatically each visit
Register 
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:56 am
Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Discussion Forums   
If you have trouble logging in or encounter any issues, please send an email to webmaster@ctzcc.com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
  Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:27 pm 

No matter. It never rains on us. Ross owns a Magic Wand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:56 pm 
Site Admin

I find traffic sometimes bottlenecks coming north on I95 from Exits 42 over the bridge. It then usually opens up nicely the rest of the way. So, coming from New Haven, you may be better off taking local roads that put you on I95 as far north as possible.

And it's unpredictable April...today the forecast for Wednesday is pretty different from what it was yesterday. By tomorrow, it may change again...

It's been a VERY long winter so I'm even more excited that our season finally gets started tomorrow!

- Jim

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:56 pm 

I sure hope you're right, Frank. Now we have to be sure Ross waves his magic wand in the right direction.

Get your light problem solved yet?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:12 am 

Hi Folks,

Let's keep our fingers crossed that the rain holds off, it is beautiful out right now.

We welcome all daily drivers that transport our Z friends to meetings where the weather may not cooperate in bringing out the classic Z's. I'll have my new to me 2009 370Z there tonight.

The first meeting of 2013 will be very informative as we introduce the new club leadership line-up, discuss events that are confirmed for the season and events still in the planning process. Plus we have not seen each other in many longs months. Let's hang out tonight and catch up over some Pizza and Soda at our Host, Grossman Nissan. Linda Grossman and staff are looking forward to having us around for a few hours tonight.

I have also confirmed that one of Grossman's mechanics, Dicky, will tell us a little about his time at Nissan HQ when he was involved with the factory 240Z refurbishing program. He will also answer any questions we might have.

Should be a great night , Rain or Shine!

Zee Ya Later!!!

1976 Porsche 912E. #163 of 2200 - SOLD (3 years owned)
2018 BMW 330i GT xdrive daily driver
2004 BMW Z4 3.0i ….it is a Z

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:15 pm 

I am dying to see some pics. Come on guys lets get uploading!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:55 pm 

Great meeting! It was great to see you all again.

For those of you that had questions about autocross, I made a post (sort of an FAQ based on conversations I had tonight) in the "upcoming events" thread for the FCSCC autocross happening this Sunday.

Check it out here:
http://forums.ctzcc.com/viewtopic.php?p=48248#48248

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:17 pm 

This was a really fun night! It was absolutely great to get out of hibernation and mingle with the 'family' again. We got to meet some new faces and introduce some new officers and eat FAR too much piZZa and cake and listen to a really interesting presentation from someone who was actually boots-on-the-ground in the 1992 Datsun/Nissan "12/12" restoration plan.
For those who might not have been paying attention back then, Nissan bought up a whole bunch of privately-owned 20-year-old 240Z Datsuns beginning in 1992, paying owners about $10,000 each for them if they agreed to sell them (depending on condition). The idea was to factory rehab them into 'like new' First Generation 240Zs which would sell for about $26,000 each.
The program, as you might imagine, had a lot of snags and hurdles to overcome. Stories and rumors abound about this program, and there are speculations about why it was shut down, how many cars actually got rehabbed and released to the public, where they are today, and what happened to the cars which never got restored. Dicky was a service technician during that program, assigned to monitor the installation of air-conditioning in each of the rehabbed cars. Personally, I could have sat there and eaten piZZa and listened to him all night. I hope to get Dicky and Carl Beck hooked up via email so they can discuss this program. Dicky thinks he has some personal photos of the project, which he will look for and share with us if he finds any.

Thanks to the CTZCC Officers, especially Keith, for setting up such a successful and enjoyable first meeting of 2013. It was good to zee you all again, and to meet new members!!! I had fun, and Linda keeps looking younger each time we hold a meeting there.

Frank T

PS and we got to zee two new black 370Zs tonight, which we've never seen before! :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:04 am 
Site Admin

Thank you to Linda Grossman for being such a wonderful host again, to Dick Davis for a sharing his extensive experience with Nissan and Z cars and to everyone else at Grossman for such warm hospitality.

I really enjoyed last night's meeting! It was a bit nippy, but fortunately dry, while all of us were hanging out in the parking lot. Probably due to the forecast for rain (which eventually proved accurate later in the evening), we saw mostly later model Z's...I think Bill Moreau's 1978Z won the prize for "oldest Z" in attendance.

I was able to formally introduce Dave Sirico, Justin Tang and Mike Tubiak to the membership in their respective new roles as club managers. We also met new club member and West-coast transplant Wyatt and his stunning black 2011 370Z.

Due to a last minute conflict, former prez Ross was unable to attend...but in his absence we enjoyed a cake in his honor (see photo below). Hopefully we can surprise him next time!

All in all it was a great evening - thank you again to everyone at Grossman and all who came out under threat of T-storms to officially help us get our 2013 season going.

See you next time!

- Jim

Attachments:
cake.jpg
cake.jpg [ 280.8 KiB | Viewed 7332 times ]

Last edited by jhagani on Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:17 pm 

Here are a few pictures from last night's meeting. It was nice to see everyone after the long winter hibernation. We could of used a slightly higher temperature, but all in all another great meeting!

A big thank you to Linda Grossman and her staff for hosting our meeting!

https://picasaweb.google.com/philctzcc/ ... 2091272706

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:52 pm 

Oh boy, am I in trouble! I am SO sorry I could not make it last night. I had an unexpected family matter arise that I just had to be present for.

Thank you so much for the cake and the hopefully kind words that accompanied it!

I consider you guys my extended family and the friendships forged during the past seven years have been the best part of this journey.

Sorry!!!!

Ross

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:01 pm 
Site Admin

Ross.Williams wrote:
Oh boy, am I in trouble!

Not at all! Family life comes first...everything else as circumstances permit...

We certainly did miss having you with us last night, but I have a feeling it won't be the last time we have the opportunity to honor and thank you for all you've done and accomplished as club founder & president these past 8 years.

Actually, we ate around the center section with the hope that I would be able to get it to you before the cake goes stale in the coming days. I'd freeze it to extend its life indefinitely but I don't know how well the photo would survive the eventual thaw.

- Jim

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:13 pm 

This isn't a club, this is family away from family. You guys are awesome!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:18 pm 

The cake was delicious, the choir sounded wonderful and the belly dancer was really cute. Senator Blumenthal's words about you were stirring, and the band was really outstanding.
We ate your part of the cake, Ross.
No big deal.

Frank

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:45 am 

The highlight of the photos... once again... is Keith eating pizza.

His car is nice too :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:10 am 

As always it was a great meeting with very interesting speakers. It was special to meet up with friends not seen during the colder months. Not as well attended as most but we can blame the weather for that. The cake was delicious and special. Maybe there is a piece saved in a baggie for you, Ross, to enjoy next month.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next