Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Forums

Username:  
Password:  
Log me on automatically each visit
Register 
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:58 pm
Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Discussion Forums   
If you have trouble logging in or encounter any issues, please send an email to webmaster@ctzcc.com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 241 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 17  Next
  Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:08 pm 

Thanks John for all that good info, very detailed. So I take it I need the Lap Belt part for the 240z. :shock: Anyone? I have the passenger side, just need the driver side. Or can I just duct tape myself to the seat. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:38 am 

room is booked for 3 nights. Bill and I will be there from the 5th to the 8th. should be leaving in the afternoon. :D now just waiting for income tax so i can register for the event. we plan on showing both our cars in the people's choice car show and also do a road rally. very exciting! now we gotta push to get our cars ready for the event. and it turns out I will finally meet my buddy David Gonzalez of the San Diego, California Z club. we have been chatting a lot on facebook and it is awesome we will finally get to meet. i love his Incredible Hulk S30.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:00 pm 

When does early registration end?

Post subject: Early Registration
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:29 pm 

End of March

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:10 pm 

It is official you guys will see a 260Z at ZCON that has been in a garage since 2000. Just paid for registration! Hotel is booked! Is it August yet?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:36 am 

:D

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:45 am 

Only 2 more days to get the discounted hotel price at the Crowne Plaza Nashua! Call today! 603-886-1200 and mention that you're with Z Con for the $109 rate. Offer ends 3/31/13.

Save enough to buy me drinks....

We are expecting quite a few 260Zs and unlike other years we will be able to hand out trophies for first, second and third in nearly all 260 classes -

daily driver, stock, street, nissan and ultra modified.

My first Z, was a 260 purchased at Bob's dealership ($5,280.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:18 pm 

Wasn't it like, if you have a 260 you get a trophy.........or maybe not because there were none. :shock: This will be good to see. Had the hotel booked at first call, but finely registered for the show today. Z ya there..............at the bar. :wink:

Post subject: Top Ten Reasons
PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 6:29 am 

Ten Things Not to Miss – ZCON 2013

1. Bob Sharp and Yoshihiko Matsuo
2. NHMS 1.6 mile track day
3. BSR 280ZXTT up close
4. Lobster, clam chowder, corn on the cob, and strawberry shortcake
5. Car show at Anheuser -Busch brewery
6. Scenic New Hampshire road rallye
7. Boston Duck and Fenway Park tours
8. Never before seen 21-minute film done 42 yrs ago about Bob Sharp
9. Autocrossing at NHMS
10. Texas Chili and Margarita Party (not stinkin’ ice cream)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 6:46 am 

11. Great Zs
12. Old and new Z owner friends

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:58 pm 

Robin Foote and I plan to drive up from RI for the first three days. Gives me an excuse to focus on the Black Pearl.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:34 pm 

I am driving from mass for the first three days. Convoy?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:26 am 

Hi Adam,

It will be awhile before Robin and I know when exactly we will be leaving. So we'll keep a convoy in mind as the date drawers closer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:56 am 

We want your Z
5 weeks left till the big week, The National Z Convention and it only comes around the here in the east about once every 15 years so lets all try to make it one to remember even if you can only show up for one of the 5 days.
I thought that I would share an email from John Jeffery.

ZCCNE members & friends – with just over 5 weeks left before the convention begins on Monday, August 5th, we need your help and support.

So what can you do to make the 26th Annual ZCCA Z Convention a success and a great experience for everyone that attends you might ask?

Here’s how:

1) Register for the convention and come enjoy the events

2) Put your Z in either the judged or people’s choice car show

3) Volunteer to help at one or more of the major events

What are the major events?

1) Registration – (8/5 – Monday) - Monday lots of folks will be lining up to get their badges, goodie bags, buy raffle tickets, wash their Zs and ask questions about the rest of the week. Enjoy a beer at the car wash station. See old friends and meet new ones. Stay for the opening reception see the long lost Bob Sharp film and hear Bob talk, eat chili and go to bed happy.

2) Car show (8/6 – Tuesday)– a flurry of activity early in the morning with pre-show set-up and then cars coming in, getting their picture taken and then parked in the right spot. Judges need help with forms that go to the tally/scoring people. Raffle events and a bit of crowd control during the Matsuo and Sharp Q & A session. Look at really nice Zs, talk with really nice Z owners, enjoy the Busch brewery tour and help clean up at the end of the day.

3) Track day at NHMS (8/8 –Thursday)– a bit of pointing a finger to show people where things are and helping folks through tech inspection, classroom instruction and then out onto the track. Watch Zs run the 1.6 mile race track in style. Listen to the sounds of stock and race Zs. Help do some last minute clean-up of the race garages at the end of the day.

4) Autocross at NHMS (8/9 – Friday) – help get folks parked and arranged, tech cars as needed, help keep things moving so everyone gets a lot of runs in. Enjoy seeing quick Zs and drivers challenge themselves against other Zs. Laugh when cones get run over, applaud when they don’t. Help clean up.

5) Fenway Park/Duck Tour (8/9 – Friday) – be a Sheep Dog for a day! With two 55-person buses taking folks into Boston, we want to make sure that everyone who gets on the bus gets back on and returns to the Crowne Plaza at the end of the day. There will be a morning stop at Fenway, then back on the bus for a short trip to the Pru Center for lunch, then over to the Duck Tour station, then onto the Ducks and of course back on the buses for the return trip to Nashua. The ZCON 2013 tour motto – “No man gets left behind!” No woman or child either for that matter.

Whether you can make the whole week, a few days or just one day, we need you and your Z.

Questions?

Email me: john@baddogparts.com

Or Marc Moreau: mgmoreau@cox.net

Thanks in advance for your help and support!!

John Jeffery

Black 2007 350-Z
67 Camaro Custom
Orange Late 71 240-Z Sold and sitting in a Doctors Collection

Colin Foote Never Forgotten!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 1:06 pm 

I just reserved a room for the convention. I'm going Tuesday through Thursday. Rooms are still available at the $119 rate. I had to call though because their website said there was no rooms available.

I'm in the process of registering for the convention right now, but CTZCC is not on the list of clubs when you register. What are you guys putting down for a club affiliation?

Thanks,

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 241 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 17  Next