Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Forums

Username:  
Password:  
Log me on automatically each visit
Register 
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:15 am
Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Discussion Forums   
If you have trouble logging in or encounter any issues, please send an email to webmaster@ctzcc.com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:16 pm 

Our next club meeting is one week away:

Wednesday, June 9th from 7:00pm to 9:00pm at:

Middletown Nissan,
1153 Newfield Street (Rte 3)
Middletown, CT 06457

Dave Calebrese, owner of Middletown Nissan, once again will generously supply meeting space and pizza for this gathering. You can check them out at: http://www.middletownnissan.com/ . Middletown Nissan has been a generous supporter of the CTZCC and will once again host our 2010 CTZCC Z Car Show on 7/17

The Agenda will focus on hanging out by our Z's, enjoying eachother conversation, checking out the Middletown Delaership, and Updates on future club events.

Thanks to Phil Parent for organizing this meeting.

Z you there!

1976 Porsche 912E. #163 of 2200 - SOLD (3 years owned)
2018 BMW 330i GT xdrive daily driver
2004 BMW Z4 3.0i ….it is a Z

Last edited by Keith.H on Sun Jun 13, 2010 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 9:04 pm 

Bring your DVD's that you are not watching to the meeting.

Why? http://forums.ctzcc.com/viewtopic.php?t=4625

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:17 am 

I'm personally looking forward to re-uniting at Middletown! :)

These guys always treat us well and make us as comfortable as possible. We have held one other meeting there, as well as our highly-successful Annual Z Car Show last year. The sales manager is our member and several of us have our vehicles serviced there. I bought a new Murano from them and they bent over backwards for me to make sure I was happy with the deal. I consider them to be one of the most-successful Nissan dealerships in this state and just can't say enough good about them. This year they will again sponsor our meeting AND our car show. It's dealerships like Middletown which make Z ownership easier, with their continued enthusiasm and support.

At this meeting on Wednesday 09Jun, I will share a few clips from a special interest DVD which was loaned to us by our member MadLarkin (Cameron). It's about the history of Lime Rock Park raceway, and contains some classic footage of racers on that circuit back in the 50s, 60s, 70s, and modern eras. Of particular interest to me are some scenes of our own Bob Sharp standing on the championship podium, wreath around his shoulders, kissing his 3-year old son Scott Sharp on the head in his moment of first-place victory. Scott, of course, has gone on to fame in his own right as a race champion since then.

Another clip includes high-speed, wheel-to-wheel ride-alongs in three race cars around the LRP circuit. Thrilling stuff for wannabe racers and Walter Mitty fantasiZers whose budgets can't afford the real thing.

The Club is headed for Lime Rock this summer, so this DVD is of interest to anyone who has never visited LRP, and especially to anyone who has raced or visited there in decades past ~ the clip on the old racers will certainly stir some vibrant memories.

As with all our meetings and events you will be fed and watered, entertained and listened to if you have any input. No dogs, no alcohol, no drugs, no hard language please. Each member is welcome to bring their significant other or interested friend. If you know a Z owner who is not yet a member, this is an excellent opportunity to drag them along and let them zee for themselves what they've been missing.

This will be our first meeting since losing our first member, Colin Foote. Two of our members (Mike T and Joe P) have pooled their talents and created an outstanding memorial display picture of Colin for the Club. This meeting will be our first opportunity to display it publicly, in an empty parking space among our carz, just as if Colin was here with his classic 240Z. While it is sure to keep Colin in our collective thoughts during this and all future events, I hope it also serves as a reminder that each of our lives is a frail, borrowed moment in time, and that we should enjoy each moment of our company together as best we can. We certainly make each other's lives a little better, together.

Z y'all there on Wednesday!

Frank T
MbrshpDir
/ __ / __ / . / . / :D

Last edited by Frank T on Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:13 pm 

I just found out that the shop is overshooting the innitial time estimate and I am now looking at the end of the week/early next week to get the Z back :evil:

I will be driving a rental, try not to laugh too hard. :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:29 pm 

Cam, I showed up for my first 10 meetings driving an Exploder.
Don't feel bad. We know you own a primo Z.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:16 pm 

Zee you there!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:04 am 

Will be there either way, but it looks like rain. Everyone keep your thoughts positive and bet on some CTZCC weather magic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:13 am 

yeah i can handle some light rain but if it's pouring i won't be making it. but the Z is outside here at work ready to go. crossing my fingers. does Ross have his magic wand?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:46 am 

Ross ALWAYS has his magic wand.

Last year, the Annual Fall Outing picnic was postponed several times due to fear of crazy weather. On the actual day of the event it rained buckets everywhere in the state ~ EXCEPT in Ross' yard!

Last month, for our May Meeting at Executive Nissan in North Haven, it rained all day and was forecast to do the same all night. But just after 4PM the rain stopped and by the time the first two Zs pulled into Executive for the meeting, the ground was nearly dry!

This month the Carlisle event was forecast to get hard rain and possible hail. Ross went, and the clouds ran away.

So far, we have NEVER had a weather-related cancellation of any meeting or event.

Ross is THE MAN. 8) Other clubs should hire him!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:43 pm 

Just throw some soap on the Z and call it a car wash. :P Well a little water wont hurt, and my Z isn't no $20,000 Z either. ZYAL8TR

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:53 pm 

Thanks Frank

To All - If you don't want to drive your Z tonight - that's OK. But come anyway in any car! We will even allow Dodge Neon's into the lot tonight.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:16 pm 

I'm going to try to make this meeting as I have yet to attend even one monthly meeting. As long as I can convince the parents, I'll be there. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:50 pm 

And you'l be very welcome, fed, watered and entertained.

C'mon out ~ it's time for you to meet your brothers. Bring Dad if he's not doing anything.

Frank

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:25 pm 

Amazing event even with the weather, was awesome to see such a positive turn out in the rain.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:43 pm 

Sincere thanks to the 45 members who turned out in a light rain to attend this outstanding monthly meeting at Middletown Nissan! We even drew about a doZen Zs in this weather, some from as far away as Rhode Island and New Yawk :wink: .

Thanks to Dave Calabrese, General Manager at Middletown (Oh, Lord! Did I actually introduce him as the Head Roach in Charge??!! :roll: Please forgive me, Dave, Sir!), for providing us with such spacious surroundings and a half-ton of piZZa. He even flew the airconditioner and DVD player for us when we couldn't do it ourselves.

As you know, this year your Club officers are taking turns scouting, planning and running the meetings, to take a load off Ross' shoulders. Tonight was Club Photographer Phil Parent's turn and he provided one of the best and most fun meetings we've seen. Thanks Phil ~ very well done indeed! :wink:

From the perspective of your Membership Director, I was greatly pleased to zee a whole flock of new faces in the crowd, from some far-flung corners of CT. They were all enthusiastic Z fans and a little rain didn't keep them from examining every Z in the parking lot. After studying all the brand-new 370s, Z31s, Z32s, Ross' Z33, and a flock of 240Zs, they chose The Z Man's multi-colored 280Z as the one they'd most like to take home with them. That just supports what I keep trying to tell everyone ~ your car doesn't have to be "done" or "perfect" to be desirable. Everyone looks at a project with his own eyes, and very often they would prefer a car which wasn't yet completed, which could be fashioned the way they wanted it.

Paul Mackin blew our socks off with his newly-finished 240, which came into the parkinglot with a totally unique exhaust note, sung from his custom-made dual exhaust system. Nice work, Paul ~ I'm envious. Great snarl! Thanks also to Cam Bromley (MadLarkin) for loaning us that great DVD of the History of Lime Rock Park raceway. It's very appropriate since the Club is headed for Lime Rock this summer.

And of course, I have to again express my thanks to Mike Tubiak and Joe Plescia for the outstanding job they did together on the Club's Colin Foote memorial picture. Tonight was the first chance we got to display it publicly and I have to say it never looses its visual impact, regardless how many times I've seen it. Colin took the corner of the room in front of the Membership, as if he was in attendance with us. He will continue to accompany us where ever the Club goes. We miss him already.

It was great to zee the family together again. I really love this Club! :D

Ross, who's got the next meeting, and where's it being held?

Frank

Last edited by Frank T on Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:28 am, edited 2 times in total.