Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Forums

Username:  
Password:  
Log me on automatically each visit
Register 
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:35 pm
Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Discussion Forums   
If you have trouble logging in or encounter any issues, please send an email to webmaster@ctzcc.com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 7:38 am 

Ross, Frank,

This passage of the Colin B. Foote Act has truly been a bittersweet achievement. Of course we are honored that Colin will forever be associated with making Rhode Island a better, safer place. Colin was always so cautious but in spite of that, we can see how carelessness and recklessness can overcome alert, careful behavior. I hope you all take this to heart and teach your children about what "Defensive Driving" is really, truly all about. For us now, it's easy, all that needs to be done is just imagine you're entering a combat zone every time you take to the roads. Whether by foot, bicycle, moped, motorcycle, Z Car Humvee or Sherman Tank, no safety is assured because the crazies are out there. I know you all see them every day.

I can't ever remember in my 60 years, conditions on the roads and highways of our country that are so savage. Please drive with care and BEWARE!

On a better note, we really look forward to seeing you guys at the Friday evening cook-out and Saturday Memorial Cruise & Air Show Tribute for Colin. I'm sure Colin's wit, charm and general fired-up enthusiasm for the CarZ will be with us.

Don't forget to pre-register by email as the RI Guard can only accommodate 30 carZ at the Air Show.

Thank you,

Robin Foote

First Owned - New 72' GREEN 240Z
2nd Owned - Used BLUE 74' 260Z

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:24 am 

I agree, the roads are getting worse, and being a school teacher, I see the foundation to why this is so, IMO, they don't care, the kids these days are more interested in there social life, cell phone texting phase. There should be a law passed, that "ANYONE UNDER THE AGE OF 18 ARE ONLY ALOUD TO HAVE A CELL PHONE THAT IS VERY BASIC, NO TEXT OPTIONS, AND THE 5 FAVES ARE YOUR PARENTS AND CLOSE FAMILY, AND IT WILL NOT WORK IF INSIDE A VEHICLE THAT IS RUNNING" This has been a wish of mine for years.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 7:36 pm 

paul.mackin wrote:
I agree, the roads are getting worse, and being a school teacher, I see the foundation to why this is so, IMO, they don't care, the kids these days are more interested in there social life, cell phone texting phase. There should be a law passed, that "ANYONE UNDER THE AGE OF 18 ARE ONLY ALOUD TO HAVE A CELL PHONE THAT IS VERY BASIC, NO TEXT OPTIONS, AND THE 5 FAVES ARE YOUR PARENTS AND CLOSE FAMILY, AND IT WILL NOT WORK IF INSIDE A VEHICLE THAT IS RUNNING" This has been a wish of mine for years.

Amen, Paul! If I had a nickel for every time I was nearly run off the
road by someone, :x irrespective of age, but usually an inattentive
teen, :evil: I would buy BOTH HLS30-00014 AND the LAST of the '73
240-Z line. And I would do it with cold cash, namely, those nickels.
~Rick~

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:01 am 

Yea, I almost got ran of the road Friday night on the way back from dinner. People need to learn how to drive, period.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 7:49 am 

my first meeting as a member and i was not disappointed, despite the gloomy weather. even though frank keeps making claims about my z being ready for a near future meeting, expect to at least see my face around more often. i'll be sure to drag ibcoupe and his reverse z out with me as well. thanks to all the officers for a great time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:14 am 

It was great to zee you there, Junior! And your 260 will certainly be ready for our Z cr show this year! :wink: