Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Forums

Username:  
Password:  
Log me on automatically each visit
Register 
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:40 pm
Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Discussion Forums   
If you have trouble logging in or encounter any issues, please send an email to webmaster@ctzcc.com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
  Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 5:17 pm 

After that write up, Frank, I'm even more excited about my first meeting :D If the weather cooperates, I'd like to see if I can organize a contingency from my area to get together for the cruise down Rt. 9. It would be fantaztic to cruise down with a bunch of other Z's... definitely have to bring the old junky camera for this one. Maybe I should start a new thread about meeting up somewhere (I'm in Southington, so anywhere south of Hartford perhaps?). Anyone in on this idea?

9 days to go!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:58 pm 

Yes we are getting close to our first meeting. We will be at the Marina I work at and you will need to drive through the neighborhood that leads up to it. Remember to please put on the governors and keep your speeds below 20MPH when driving down Sunrise Ave and into the Marina.

When you enter the Marina bear to your right, we will congregate around and in my office and our storage building. Please dress warm so we can hang outside as long as possible. Also bring a chair(like a picnic) if you can. There will be very limited seating even when we head into the garage for Pizza. I am hoping it is warm so I can leave the doors open. Just don't let "W" the yard cat out when I am not looking :wink:

We may need to spread out and double park as many boats are still on land.

Lastly please dig out those DVD's you are not watching anymore. I plan on making a donation to DVD's for veterans on behalf of the club. See my post here for more info: http://forums.ctzcc.com/viewtopic.php?p=21383#21383

1976 Porsche 912E. #163 of 2200 - SOLD (3 years owned)
2018 BMW 330i GT xdrive daily driver
2004 BMW Z4 3.0i ….it is a Z

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:06 pm 

So I didn't get to make it tonight. Worked all night. Hope to make it to the next one so I get the chance to meet everyone

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:27 pm 

No, No ~ you didn't miss it yet. It's NEXT wednesday, the 14th of April.

Always the 2nd Wednesday of the month.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:20 am 

Another calendar malfunction?

Keith,iz this something you need to address on the 14th?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:26 am 

:lol:

MSantos is just copying his Membership Director. Relax.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:39 am 

MSantos350z wrote:
So I didn't get to make it tonight. Worked all night. Hope to make it to the next one so I get the chance to meet everyone

There seems to be a serious problem with this year's Z calendar. Was it printed upside-down or something?? Something needs to be done before a CTZCC member ends up in Old LYME next Wednesday.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:26 am 

smashbar wrote:
MSantos350z wrote:

There seems to be a serious problem with this year's Z calendar. Was it printed upside-down or something?? Something needs to be done before a CTZCC member ends up in Old LYME next Wednesday.

I think the first Calendar in February went up with the first meeting scheduled for 4/7.... I made my first post with the meeting on 4/7. It was a week before we noticed it and fixed it. Look at the subject line it says the 14th and the first post I corrected the dates, plus Ross' emails have stated 4/14. I don't remember the Old Lyme mistake. Beleive me it came out of my pay, and we almost impeached Ross. :wink:

The good news is the first meeting is next week , WEDNESDAY, April 14th in OLD SAYBROOK, CT So we will see everyone there.

47 Sunrise Ave ~ Old Saybrook, CT 06475 (there is a Sunset Ave, don't fall for it)

We will be at the Marina I work at and you will need to drive through the neighborhood that leads up to it. Remember to please put on the governors and keep your speeds below 20MPH when driving down Sunrise Ave and into the Marina.

When you enter the Marina bear to your right, we will congregate around and in my office and our storage building. Please dress warm so we can hang outside as long as possible. Also bring a chair(like a picnic) if you can. There will be very limited seating even when we head into the garage for Pizza. I am hoping it is warm so I can leave the doors open. Just don't let "W" the yard cat out when I am not looking

We may need to spread out and double park as many boats are still on land.

Lastly please dig out those DVD's you are not watching anymore. I plan on making a donation to DVD's for veterans on behalf of the club. See my post here for more info: http://forums.ctzcc.com/viewtopic.php?p=21383#21383

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 12:29 pm 

LMFAO!!! Ha yeah I don't know what to say...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 2:36 pm 

:lol:
Say you'll zee us next Wednesday!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:26 pm 

I know there will be a lot of existing members attending this first meeting of the year, but we have had SO MANY NEW MEMBERS join us since our last meeting, I am really hoping for a crowd! We have 'e-talked' to many new 'voices' over the winter and now is our first opportunity to meet everyone and let them zee what a fun Club this is!

PLEASE! IF YOU'RE A RECENT-JOIN MEMBER, COME TO THIS MEETING!
Some of you won't have your carz ready yet ~ that happens. Bring a pickup truck if you have to.

Everything is free except the Club Store goodies, and even those are quality items at a cheap price.

I will be sticking you with little "HELLO, my name is" stickers as you arrive, so that everyone will know everyone. Don't be bashful in this Club ~ we're all here becauze we love these carz and enjoy learning how to improve them (by watching other peoplez' mistakez! :lol: )

You are a part of a 374 member Club which is the most fun you can have for free. We all have the same goals and pride in our carz, whichever year or model we own. NOBODY LAUGHS AT A Z CAR. If yours is beaten and still getz there, you will earn our respect for keeping one more Z on the road. Believe me ~ your Z will not be the worst one there! My dash is all torn apart and I refuze to let that stop me from driving it there. Park next to mine if you're afraid your Z doesn't look good enough! Mine will make yourz look better! :D

Y'all come!
Z ya there!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:12 pm 

It's me again... Weather is looking good, I am looking forward to seeing all you Zer's at my place of employment. It's a hectic time of year for the Marina, so it will be nice to hang on Wednesday night and hopefully forgot about the Spring Launch Season for a few hours.

If you remember, bring a folding chair (not too much seating in our garage) and warm jacket. Weather is supposed to be in the 60's during the day but might get a little chilly in the evening down by the water and I get the feeling we'll want to hang outside among the Z's as along as possible. This will be more of a social gathering with no formal presentations, just conversation, some updates, and just plain old cathcing up with eachother after a long winter.

and as I beat this dead horse....please drive slowly down Sunrise Ave to the Marina. Speed limit is 20MPH down a residential road, plus the neighbors will get a better look at your sexy Z's if you drive by SLOW. Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:17 pm 

and bring those DVD's (DVD's for Veterans).... I have about 20 that I am donating...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:20 pm 

Well if I make it I will be doing 15mph. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:30 pm 

Hey Keith,
Just out of curiosity, what's the speed lmit on Sunrise Ave? Ross

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next