Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Forums

Username:  
Password:  
Log me on automatically each visit
Register 
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:36 pm
Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Discussion Forums   
If you have trouble logging in or encounter any issues, please send an email to webmaster@ctzcc.com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 3:41 pm 

From John Taddonio, President ZCCR

Hey all!

ZCCR has set the dates for our 2010 "All Japanese Car Weekend"! The event will run from Friday July 9 to Sunday July 11.
(Please note that the dates have been CHANGED from any previously released information)

I am encouraging you to set these dates aside so you can join us for this very special summer Z event.

The schedule of events:

Friday July 9: Kickoff party for all participants. Refreshments provided free of charge.
Saturday July 10: The Third Annual "Jonathan Krenzer Memorial All Japanese Car Show". Spend the day at a multi-class car show featuring the best of Japan old and new. Saturday evening gather at a local establishment of fine food and drink to relive the events of the day.
Sunday July 11: Start the morning with a road rally through the twisty roads of New York's Finger Lakes region to the historic Watkins Glen International raceway. Participants will enjoy warm laps around the race course in their cars then stay for a catered lunch in the WGI clubhouse.

Here is a link to photos of the 2009 event:

http://www.zccr.net/main/modules.php?na ... temId=2102

Full details and pre-registration for the event will be available early next year. This is shaping up to be the biggest 2010 Z/Japanese car event in the northeast! Please share this information with your friends and club members and keep checking our website at www.zccr.net for the latest information.

Peaze,

John Taddonio
"zcarnut"
70,78,87,03 Z-Cars
President, Z Car Club of Rochester NY
www.zccr.net

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:28 am 

I'm in.........so join in guys.....I would like some company this year. :D This time I'll have a Z car, keeping up with these guys in a 4 cylinder truck wasn't easy. :shock: At least I came back with a trophy. :lol: They say long distance, but I say, I was the ONLY Jap truck there. 8) It was a great time, great bunch of Z guys and I'm defiantly looking forward to the next event. By the way, N.Y. is a beautiful place to drive a Z car, bring a camera. Big Z events like this are so exciting, I can't wait. Winter is going to drag on, I can see it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:38 am 

Soundz good Paul. The Sharpsite Racing thing alone was worth the trip last year,but this time I'd like to do the whole weekend. And Watkins Glen on Sunday this year!?...drooling

Post subject: All Japanese Car Weekend
PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:22 am 

Is this the same as the "ZCCR car show" or a different event?
Kathy and I will be trailering the gold Z to the "car show," but
we're not sure if we are talking about two different animals
here. Frank is also fixin' to go so he can reunite his 2807 car
w/the other two '70's originally bought in Hawaii.

I also have to determine whether there is a conflict w/the
ZCCA event in Nashville. We would like to bring #13 to that if
we can afford it. The medical expenses from Kathy's stroke are
killing us; at least we negotiated a lower APR on the mortgage!

All Z Best,...........................Kathy & Rick

1969 Z.CAR (#00013 10/69) 8/30/76
1969 ITSA.Z (#00171 11/69) 8/24/73
1970 OLD.Z (#06289 6/70) original owner
1971 510 2dr since 12/31/75
1969 1600 rdstr (our 160-Z)
1971 (#19851 1/71) sold
1975 75.Z (#01343 1/75)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:37 pm 

[quote="Kathy & Rick"]Is this the same as the "ZCCR car show" or a different event?
Kathy and I will be trailering the gold Z to the "car show," but
we're not sure if we are talking about two different animals
here. Frank is also fixin' to go so he can reunite his 2807 car
w/the other two '70's originally bought in Hawaii.

I also have to determine whether there is a conflict w/the
ZCCA event in Nashville."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Rick! Yes this IS the ZCCR car show and weekend event. The confirmed dates are July 9-11, 2010 (not the dates preliminarily released earlier).

The ZCCA convention in Nashville is 3 weeks later (July 28-Aug 1) so there should be no conflicts for those wanting to attend both.

Our event is shaping up to be the biggest Z and all Japanese car show in the northeast next year! Look for pre-registration information on our website early next year. www.zccr.net

1984 300ZXT
zcarnut@hotmail.com
FB: Zccr zcarclubofrochester

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:36 am 

Yea, Al, would be great, I'm also up for a caravan as well if anyone else is in. I might do the camping thing, hotel is optional. After Watkins Glen I'll be going to visit family again in Binghamton. I'm not staying 5 weeks this time, so more like 12 days away total. So Frank, if your going, should I bring my Hawaian vinyl record collection. :shock: (or burn some CD's for the occasion) So I was watching Magnum P.I. a few days ago and saw a 240, I wonder if that was one of the 3, ummmmm, makes you wonder. So Rick, you want to make some grown men cry at another show, well bring it on. :D O' boy am I sensing another real good Z show. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:57 am 

FROM John Taddonio ZCCR

Here is the preliminary schedule of events for the Z Car Club of Rochester's “All Japanese Classic Car Weekend” scheduled for Friday July 9 to Sunday July 11, 2010

Friday July 9: Kickoff party for all participants. Refreshments provided.

Saturday July 10:
The 3rd Annual "Jonathan Krenzer Memorial All Japanese Car Show"
* Every make of Japanese car represented, from vintage to modern,
bone stock to wild customs. Hundreds on display!
* Multi-class awards, Best Engine, Best Interior, Best Paint, Best of
Show, participant judging.
* Several historic early Datsuns on display (see Newz Flash below!)
* Merchandise and 50/50 raffles throughout the day.
* Food, music, prizes!
* Saturday evening on-your-own dinner at a local establishment of
fine food and drink to relive the events of the day.

Sunday July 11:
Road Rally to Watkins Glen
* Meet for a light breakfast then take a scenic road rally through the twisty roads of New York’s Finger Lakes region to Watkins Glen International Raceway.
* Enjoy “warm laps” in YOUR car at the Glen! Experience the one of a kind twists, turns and elevation changes of the historic racetrack.
* Get a special look at the racing action from the exclusive clubhouse roof viewing area.
* Enjoy a catered lunch in the Watkins Glen Clubhouse.

NEWZ FLASH!! In addition to Rick's "Lucky 13", ZCCR will have HLS30-00006 on display at our "All Japanese Classic Car Show" on July 10! Also on display will be Barry Brown's custom 1970 Datsun 510 with the original Cannonball Run Challenger drivetrain AND his 1976 Datsun 620 pickup modified to run at the Bonneville Salt Flats.

AND, we are also in discussion to have 240Z HLS30-00008 on display as well!

You won't get the chance to see all of these historic Datsuns in one place anywhere else OR likely ever again! Make plans now to join us the weekend of July 9-11. Full details about the event will be posted on our website soon, watch for it!

1978 280Z (street modified, #1 son's)
1987 300ZX (stock, #2 son's)
2003 350Z (still like new)
2007 Xterra (Daily Driver)
President, Z Car Club of Rochester
www.zccr.net
zcarnut@hotmail.com

1976 Porsche 912E. #163 of 2200 - SOLD (3 years owned)
2018 BMW 330i GT xdrive daily driver
2004 BMW Z4 3.0i ….it is a Z

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:32 pm 

I want in on this, too. This will work out perfectly for me ~ the Moody Blues are playing live in Danbury the day AFTER your event ends! WHEW! :roll: I thought I would have to make a one-or-the-other choice. Z ya there!

Frank

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:16 pm 

From John Taddonio:

Hello All!

You and your friends are cordially invited to join us for the Z Car Club of Rochester's “All Japanese Classic Car Weekend” scheduled for Friday July 9 to Sunday July 11, 2010. This is a charity event with proceeds to benefit two deserving local charities, The Rochester/Finger Lakes Eye & Tissue Bank and the Rochester Breast Cancer Coalition.

Attached is the schedule of events, registration form and information on hotel accommodations. The Holiday Inn - Webster is offering a discount to event participants. Rooms are limited, so please make reservations early.

Schedule of Events (full details in attachment):

Friday July 9, 6pm to 10pm: * AJCS Kickoff Party, refreshments provided.

Saturday July 10:
* The 3rd Annual "Jonathan Krenzer Memorial All Japanese Car Show" at the Webster-Fairport Elks Lodge, 1066 Jackson Road, Webster, NY 14580. Registration 9am-noon, car show hours 10am-4pm, awards ceremony begins at 3pm.
* Saturday evening Dinner / Dance at the Webster-Fairport Elks Lodge with live music, cash bar and full dinner menu.

Sunday July 11:
Road Rally to Watkins Glen International Raceway for Laps-N-Lunch. Depart host hotel approximately 8:30am.

Please refer to the attached documents for all of the details on hotels, registration and events. I would encourage you to register early especially if you are interested in participating in the Watkins Glen Laps-N-Lunch on Sunday as space is limited for that event.

PLEASE share with your friends and club members! This is sure to be the ultimate Z-Car/Japanese Car event in the northeast this year, we look forward to having you join us!

John Taddonio
"zcarnut"
70,78,87,03 Z-Cars
President, Z Car Club of Rochester NY
www.zccr.net

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:31 pm 

Hello All!

Complete details and information on the Z Car Club of Rochester's All Japanese Car Show Weekend are now posted at www.zccr.net

The details are in place for a very special weekend event including a kickoff party, car show, dinner dance with LIVE Rock & Roll and road rallye and laps & lunch at Watkins Glen International Raceway.

You will find all of the links for the complete schedule, hotel accommodations and registration at the top of our website homepage. Please email me if you should have any questions.

We hope to Z you there!

1984 300ZXT
zcarnut@hotmail.com
FB: Zccr zcarclubofrochester