Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Forums

Username:  
Password:  
Log me on automatically each visit
Register 
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:45 am
Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Discussion Forums   
If you have trouble logging in or encounter any issues, please send an email to webmaster@ctzcc.com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: signz
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 5:56 pm 

Phil
Yes,we met and I'll bring the signs to the meeting wed.
I did have a burger;fries too! 1st time at Harry's in over 40yrs.
Missed you on the way out,too busy watching for all those Colchester based state cops...
Zee ya wed nite
Al

Post subject: poster meet
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:43 pm 

Phil,
Yeah Al and I met and I'm glad I could get the posters to Ross b/4 the show. Sorry you didn't meet up w/ us. Can't wait for the show. Pray for sunny skies. The good time is a given! Greg.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:56 pm 

Well if you missed tonight's meeting all I can say is: it was not the meeting you wanted to miss. We had almost 40 people turn out for a beautiful breezy and sunny evening at Miller Nissan in Fairlfield. Our hosts were very excited to have us and generously supplied food, drink and plenty of space for us to congregate. Since we started early - at 6:30pm - we had almost two hours to hang out by the cars, socialize and eat pizza. We then headed inside to hear a very interesting and sometimes hilarious history of car #13 from the owner, Rick Morgan. Meeting Rick in person was a privilege and we are proud to have him as an official member of our club.

This was our final meeting of the 2009 season and one of the most enjoyable in recent memory.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:01 pm 

Nice to see everyone again and to meet Rick and Kathy Morgan.

Here are some shots I took:

http://s277.photobucket.com/albums/kk69/khult1/CTZCC%2009-09-09%20Meet%20Miller%20Nissan/?albumview=slideshow

Thanks again to the Folks at MILLER NISSAN!!!!!

1976 Porsche 912E. #163 of 2200 - SOLD (3 years owned)
2018 BMW 330i GT xdrive daily driver
2004 BMW Z4 3.0i ….it is a Z

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:10 pm 

This Club has become a second family for many of us. It's always rewarding to watch face after familiar face arrive in Z cars ~ sort of like watching your entire family arriving together for Thanksgiving or something. You want 20 minutes to speak with each one, but the night is only so long.

Thanks to Colin and Colin for bringing the DVD of the film their car starred in! It was cool (and VERY APPROPRIATE!) to gather around the open hatch of their beautiful 240Z and watch the DVD player in the rear deck!

Thanks to ZMan1 for setting us up with a really cool place for meetings! Robert, you're a blessing to this Club! Great idea and it's as good as you described it!

And thanks to Paul Miller, who stayed at work well past his usual quitting time to hang out with us and make sure we were having a good time. He's been in the Datusn/Nissan business for more than 40 years and he still gets a thrill from seeing our Z cars! He had some interesting stories to share and looked like he was having almost as much fun as we were!

Thanks so much to our new members Rick and Kathy Morgan, who came to their first CTZCC meeting with a humorous and informative presentation about all three of their classic Z carz, including Car #00013. 'Way to go, Rick ~ you sure know how to get a whole Club on your side the first time you meet them!!!:D

And thanks to our great Membership for turning out in good number for our final official meeting of the year. Some of you brought your friends, who asked to join too! While some clubs are shrinking, yours is growing at a rate of about 120 new members each year. Y'all make me proud.

And I can't close the official Zeason without a special, personal thanks to our member Vinny Bedini, for putting so much great work into my 1970 240Z this year. Without his wisdom, skill and creative vision, my Z would not look or perform even half as well as it does.

But my greatest thanks goes to PreZident Ross Williams, for piloting this Club thru yet another successful and fun Zeason. Ross, you keep saying this is less of a car club than it is a PEOPLE club and, after watching how much fun everyone has, interacting with each other, laughing, talking, sharing tech tips, mingling and schmooZing, I can clearly zee you're right. (BUT I STILL LOVE THE CARZ!!!)

NEXT GATHERING: SECOND ANNUAL CTZCC CAR SHOW, MIDDLETOWN NISSAN, 19SEP09!!!

Z Y'all there!
Frank

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:35 pm 

As usual, another great CTZCC event. Having Rick and Kathy attend and hearing Rick's Z stories made for a very pleasant evening with friends.

Thanks to Miller Nissan for letting us use their great facility!

Sorry for the delay in getting the pictures from Wednesday's meeting posted.

http://picasaweb.google.com/phil280zxt/ ... 8359231298

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:59 pm 

Thanx Phil ~ as usual, another great photo display by our Club Photographer!

I found myself smiling at each frame ~ happy memories at each shutter click.

This indeed is a happy family. I love this Club!

:lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 6:48 am 

Wow - great pictures Phil! Love the close up of the pizza delivery car. :D Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:13 pm 

I'll second that Wow Ross, looks like you guys had the Club Show at the meeting, lots of Z's there... The older Sentra in the background in that one pic looks new, not the usual type of car that remains well preserved. Great pics Phil........

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:13 pm 

Thanks for the compliments, but its easy with such great material. I'm upset with myself for not getting the now obligatory "Frank loves pizza picture".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:35 pm 

Hi, everybody!

Kathy and I want to thank Miller Datsun, I mean Nissan, and all the Z Club people whose hospitality and hard work made our first meeting (with this club, anyway) a really enjoyable experience. :D Too bad, I guess y'all will have to put up with us regularly from now on. :cry: Wish the October meeting were tomorrow night; and not the last one for the season!

Thanks for the opportunity to share some of my experiences w/the Club; I hope that some of the Z stuff from far back into the last century was interesting. There's a lot more where that came from!

Sorry for the delay, I'm a computer moron and Frank just got me started on the basics tonight. (I hope this transmits okay!)

All Z Best, Kathy & Rick

1969 Z.CAR (#00013 10/69) 8/30/76
1969 ITSA.Z (#00171 11/69) 8/24/73
1970 OLD.Z (#06289 6/70) original owner
1971 510 2dr since 12/31/75
1969 1600 rdstr (our 160-Z)
1971 (#19851 1/71) sold
1975 75.Z (#01343 1/75)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:09 pm 

Hi Rick! Hi Kathy! It was a pleasure to get you into the family at our final meeting of the Zeason and to hear your Z stories! And it's great to finally "hear" you on our Club's website.

Your introduction of carz #13 and #171 into the CTZCC is a priZe addition to our flock. Of all the Z carz we could possibly have wished to have join us, your VERY FIRST 240Z would be the first choice. I can't imagine a better way to end the 2009 Zeason.

Our next get-together will be a colossal picnic at Ross' place. You and Kathy will have a chance to meet even more of our Membership, since this is the lowest-stress-most-fun gathering of our year. Last year was such a great time we are STILL bragging about it.

We look forward to zeeing both of you at each of our monthly meetings and events next Zeason, and to hearing from you often throughout the winter on this website! :D

Z ya soon ~
Frank T
MbrshpDir/CTZCC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:56 pm 

Welcome Rick and Kathy, awsome pieces of Datsun/Nissan history you own there. It was a thrill to see them revealed at the show on Saturday.. Welcome to the club........ Tom Wasney

Attachments:
ctzcc-logo-forum-transparent-200pixels.gif
ctzcc-logo-forum-transparent-200pixels.gif [ 16.01 KiB | Viewed 4360 times ]
100_0456.jpg
100_0456.jpg [ 111.6 KiB | Viewed 4360 times ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:44 pm 

Great to see you online Kathy and Rick. Welcome to the CTZCC online family!! Anxious to hear more great Z stories at the October outing.