Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Forums

Username:  
Password:  
Log me on automatically each visit
Register 
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:35 pm
Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Discussion Forums   
If you have trouble logging in or encounter any issues, please send an email to webmaster@ctzcc.com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:16 pm 

11th Annual New Jersey Z Club car show sponsored by Somerset Nissan

SUNDAY, August 30th, 2009 <---RAIN DATE ACTIVE
9am - 4pm, Registration Closes 11am
Registration $15
Many awards -People's Choice

500 Promenade Blvd
Bridgewater, New Jersey, USA 08807.

This is always a fun and well-run event. It’s also an opportunity to hang out with our friends from NJ.

For more information, please visit http://www.njzclub.com
or call 732-4.9.1-6908

Download Entry Form here: http://www.ctzcc.com/NJZCC-2009Show.pdf

Caravan info from CT to be posted soon (unless you beat me to it)

Attachments:
NJZ show1.JPG
NJZ show1.JPG [ 58.04 KiB | Viewed 8636 times ]
NJZ show2.JPG
NJZ show2.JPG [ 121.9 KiB | Viewed 8638 times ]

1976 Porsche 912E. #163 of 2200 - SOLD (3 years owned)
2018 BMW 330i GT xdrive daily driver
2004 BMW Z4 3.0i ….it is a Z

Last edited by Keith.H on Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:54 am 

Thanks for posting this Keith. Some additional information appears below:

NJZ Car Club - President

This message is going to Current and Past Members & Show Participants:

The New Jersey Z Car Club is holding its 11th Annual Z Car Show on Saturday, August 29th. (In case of rain, the show will be moved to the following day). The show will be held at the Hilton Garden Inn in Bridgewater , NJ . This is the same location as the past 3 years. See the attached flyer for additional details.

Once again Somerset Nissan is sponsoring us for this year’s event. In appreciation for Somerset Nissan's continued support, we are offering free registration to car owners who purchased their vehicles through Somerset Nissan. The car owners just need to bring some kind of proof that they purchased their car there.

We are expecting a large turn-out of cars for the show! As in the past, we should have cars coming in from several states including CT, PA, MD and NY. For those of you who own Datsun Roadsters or GTRs, we are also welcoming/allowing these vehicles to register for the show. We will put them into the Ultra Mod Class. This will be a Peoples Choice show, so we are stretching the rules a little!! We will also be offering both Stock and Street Modified classes for this year’s event.

We will be giving out free Z T-Shirts to the 1st 75 people to register on the day of the show. We hope to run our car merchandise raffle again, 50/50, and possible bocce contest.

More information and updates to follow. Hope to see everyone at the Show!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:00 pm 
oh man, category 13 ... only if there's a rat-rod exemption for my z-rb ...

any caravan's planning on going from CT?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:27 am 

From Peter Riccardi -NJZCC Events Director

Our 11th Annual Z CAr Show is coming up on the August 29th at the Hilton Gardens is Bridgewater NJ. Please try your vey best to make the show, its a once a year event and we need your support to make it happen and to have some fun.

We suggest everyone try to get to the show early because we expect a very good turnout. Gates open at 9AM. There will be coffee, bagels, rolls, and soft drinks. Lunch will also be available and the Hotel accomodations are great. The first 75 enttries will receive a free tee shirt, dash plaque, and other goodie bags items. There will be 1st & 2nd place trophies in each class. We will combine 260/280 and 350/370.

Note: Again the judging will be peoples choice because we simply do not have enough staff members to judge according to the ZCCA rules. So, Z car members will do the voting. No favoritism please, base your vote on the interity of the car not your friend.

We will have the usual 50/50, lots of raffled items, cash prizes, various awards, bid items and more. Spread the word to local auto shops, newpapers, etc. See all of you on the 29th. Any volunteers to help the Z staff are welcomed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:55 pm 

Is anyone planning on heading to the show from CT? If I don't have to work I'll probably head on down.

1976 Porsche 912E. #163 of 2200 - SOLD (3 years owned)
2018 BMW 330i GT xdrive daily driver
2004 BMW Z4 3.0i ….it is a Z

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:30 pm 

I want to attend this with my Z if possible. The NJZCC has been one of our strongest allies during the past year, and they made a tremendous showing at our first annual Z Car show last July. It would be fair for us to return the gesture, and walk off with all their trophies! :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 5:27 pm 

I'm up for a road trip. Are we going to convoy?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:50 pm 

My heart pains me! I know when this car is ready... a clean sweep of street modified Z31.

:(

I better see a bunch of pics from this event or I'll be very put out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:53 am 

Anyone know if this is taking place or not? Supposed to be T-storms and heavy downpurs all weekend according to the forecasts... Sucks... :cry:

Attachments:
100_0369.JPG
100_0369.JPG [ 63.83 KiB | Viewed 8474 times ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:42 am 

Latest Update on Show from Peter Riccardi:

To All Z Club Members & Non Members:

Just a follow to to the show but most of the details are below. Couple things to add. The rain date is Sunday just in case we get a downpour. Last I checked it looked to be a sunny day.

We will have a new GTR at the show, compliments of Somerset Nissan; that ought to be nice since Ralph Ciccione GTR will not be there. Looks like we will have quite a few 280Z's this year based on what I'm hearing. The Z32 class still rules as far as the number of cars. The Z 31's & 350Z's are not to far behind. Anyway, let's remember this is a fun day for the Z people so don't worry about the condition of the car just bring it! And have a good time....

Show Stuff - We suggest everyone try to get to the show early because we expect a very good turnout. Gates open at 9AM. There will be coffee, bagels, rolls, and soft drinks. Lunch will also be available and the Hotel accomodations are great. The first 75 enttries will receive a free tee shirt, dash plaque, and other goodie bags items. There will be 1st & 2nd place trophies in each class. We will combine 260/280Z and 350/370Z class. And, will also have the "BEST IN SHOW" trophy which is also a peoples choice vote.

Note: Again the judging will be peoples choice because we simply do not have enough staff members to judge according to the ZCCA rules. So, Z car members will do the voting. No favoritism please, base your vote on the interity of the car not your friends.

We will have the usual 50/50, lots of raffled items, cash prizes, various awards, bid items and more. Spread the word to local auto shops, newpapers, etc. See all of you on the 29th. Any volunteers to help the Z staff are welcomed. Any questions please let us know.

There is no pre- registration. However, you can print out the registration form out. I'll attached in the next mail message.

Thanks & Z Regards, "Enjoy the Ride"

Peter Riccardi
Events Coodinator
908-642-5624

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:53 am 

OK, so let's get a caravan going! The show is roughly 100 miles from my house in Darien and it typically takes me 2 hours. For anyone planning to go that is North of me, let's plan to meet at my house at 7:30am. That will get us to the show at roughly 9:30 or will allow us to pick up some others along the way and still get there by 10:00am. Please add to this three if you want to meet at my house or somewhere south of Darien.

Going: Ross Williams

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:25 am 

Hey Tom,

Don't you know that we pay for the length of each post? :D Ross

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:17 am 

Well, I smoked the fusebox on my Z last night, so I won't be attending this. My new 90amp alternator was too much for the stock system. I've ordered an MSA blade-type upgrade but it won't be in before this event. If I struggle hard I can get it back on the road in time for our own show :cry:

Frank

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:11 am 

Well, that certainly is bad news Frank. Get working #2807 needs to make the club show!!

Phil

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:02 pm 

Ross.Williams wrote:
Hey Tom,

Don't you know that we pay for the length of each post? :D Ross
Put it on my tab Ross.... Help Frank fix that fuse box, those that didn't see his car will still be thinking it doesn't exist.....