Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Forums

Username:  
Password:  
Log me on automatically each visit
Register 
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:26 am
Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Discussion Forums   
If you have trouble logging in or encounter any issues, please send an email to webmaster@ctzcc.com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:29 am 

Z Car Club of Rochester
All Japanese Classic Car Weekend
July 17-19, 2009, Rochester, NY

Schedule of Events:

Friday July 17, 6:30-10:00pm – Enjoy a casual weekend kickoff at ZCCR President John Taddonio’s home to mix and mingle with weekend participants. Greet old friends and make new! Food and beverage to be served.

Saturday July 18, 9am-4pm – The Jonathan Krenzer All Japanese Classic & Import Tuner Car Show – Hoselton Nissan, 50 Marsh Rd., East Rochester, NY, 14445. All Japanese makes, models and vintages welcome! 1st and 2nd place awards in each class. Best paint, interior, engine, Best of Show specialty awards. Food, raffles, goody bags, music and more! Registration 9am-12pm, awards ceremony at 3pm. $10 per car at the gate, spectator admission FREE.

Saturday July 18, 7pm - On your own dinner at Flaherty’s Three Flags Inn, 1200 Bay Rd., Webster, NY, 14580. Meet with participants to relive the events of the day over fine food and drink.

Sunday July 19 – Meet for light breakfast between 9-10am at Dunkin’ Donuts, 62 North Ave., Webster, NY, 14580. At 10am we will depart on a short drive to visit SHARPSITE RACING. Sharpsite is home to several historic Datsun race cars including:
* Car HLS30-00006, the first Z-Car to actually leave the factory.
Campaigned as BSR #33 by Bob Sharp and Jim Fitzgerald.
* Championship 280Z IMSA GTU car, driven by Sam Posey.
* Don Devendorf Electromotive 280ZX
* Letizinger 280ZX and more!
The Sharpsite crew will give a presentation on the cars and be happy to answer your questions. After a stay, we will hit the road to a waterfront spot for lunch.

Please check www.zccr.net or email zcarnut@hotmail.com for more information including area hotels, maps and updates.

Attachments:
ZCCRbanner.jpg
ZCCRbanner.jpg [ 82.82 KiB | Viewed 9488 times ]

1984 300ZXT
zcarnut@hotmail.com
FB: Zccr zcarclubofrochester

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:49 am 

I simply can't miss this.

And Phil Parent, please come with me and bring your camera! It will be a chance to photoshoot car#6 and Bob's other GT/U carz, as well as a chance to zee my #02807 parked beside two other 1970 240Zs, which were all sold off the same Honolulu showroom floor together in the summer of 1970.

Frank

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 9:22 am 

Ok, I finally wrote this on the calender. GPS says 7 hours via I90.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 9:56 am 

I suspect we should also gather Tom Wasney and Mike Englehardt somewhere along the way there, but we haven't heard from them yet.

Post subject: Come Join Us!
PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 8:24 pm 

So glad to hear that some of our friends from CTZCC are making plans to join us! Believe me, this will be well worth the trip, we have lots planned with the weekend capped off with the visit to Sharpsite Racing and Doc Robbins' collection of historic Datsun race cars. Truly a once in a lifetime opportunity. Interest in the All Japanese Classic Car Show on Saturday is building every day, we expect over 200 cool rides on display.

Keep checking www.zccr.net for the latest newz and information. Feel free to email me at zcarnut@hotmail.com if you have any questions.

By the way, it's an EASY drive, I90 all the way. Should be less than 7 hours too... :wink: :wink:

1984 300ZXT
zcarnut@hotmail.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:20 pm 

From John Taddonio:

Hello All!

Well, our All Japanese Classic Car Weekend is fast approaching, now a little over 3 weeks away! Interest is building far and wide with participants coming from all over the northeast and Canada. The car show on Saturday July 18 at Hoselton Nissan is sure to be something special, with a huge variety of Japanese makes, models and vintages.

As many of you know, ZCCR uses these events every year to assist a local cause. This year the beneficiary of our event is Rochester Police Officer Anthony DiPonzio, who was shot in the head last January while doing his job protecting you and the community. Please follow the link below and play the video clip to get the latest on his recovery and to get a better idea of who this this year's car show will help:

http://rochesterhomepage.net/content/video/?cid=100621

Not all of the costs incurred by the DiPonzio family are covered by insurance. Our donation to the Rochester Police Locust Club's Anthony DiPonzio Fund will help the family cope with Tony's extensive rehabilitation and related costs.

REMEMBER, the car show is only $10! Please check our website at www.zccr.net for the latest information on hotels and the weekend events. I hope all of you generous ZCCR members & friends turn out to help and ENJOY THE SHOW!

peaze

John Taddonio
"zcarnut"
70,78,87,03 Z-Cars
President, Z Car Club of Rochester NY
www.zccr.net

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:37 am 

I think I heard a few folks talking about heading up to this so I stuck up top. If you go take and post some photos.

1976 Porsche 912E. #163 of 2200 - SOLD (3 years owned)
2018 BMW 330i GT xdrive daily driver
2004 BMW Z4 3.0i ….it is a Z

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:11 am 

The event is shaping up to be HUGE. We have cars coming from all over the northeast and Canada! Toyota, Scion, Honda, Subaru, Mitsubishi, Nissan, Datsun and of course LOTZ of Z-Cars!

The weekend will have something of interest for everyone! Please check www.zccr.net for the latest information and updates....

Z YOU THERE!

1984 300ZXT
zcarnut@hotmail.com

Post subject: zccr/sharpsite
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 7:10 pm 

11p 18jul In the time honored spur-of-the-moment tradition of all great road trips,a decision is made to attend the Sharpsite soiree' in Webster,Ny which will take place the following am.

3a 19jul After a 3hr power nap,a lone Ctzcar departs far southeast Ct and speeds west into the night;thru the Berkshires,over the Adirondacks,etc.

9:30a 19jul Arrive/rendezvous w/ ZCCR and CTZCC member Paul Mackin(the only other CTZCCer to attend). They seem a good bunch,almost as crazy as us.

10:30a jul19 Arrive 'Doc Robbins Working Shrine to Significant Z-Car History'. After picking up mouth from floor and hyperventilating,self-guided tour of facility ensues. Touch '06' Catch breath. Raptly listen to presentaion by The Doc and right hand guy Shawn Prichthard. Ask questions,get them to fire off one of the Zs: sweetest 110 octane symphony heard in some time.

noon 19jul Depart for waterfront lunch as 3rd in a group of 3;Doc in his gorgeous black Ford GT,ZCCR Activitiies Director Mike Yendreski in his very clean (and fast) '75. Spontaneous decision made by Doc & Mike to 'try and lose the new guy down river road' on the way to lunch. This is not allowed to happen[img].

2p 19jul Walk out of lunch and realize Niagra Falls is only 90min further west,so what the hell,why not? (but that's another story)[/img][/b]

Attachments:
al sharpsite 002.jpg
al sharpsite 002.jpg [ 395.59 KiB | Viewed 9298 times ]
pa-sharpsite 083.jpg
pa-sharpsite 083.jpg [ 1.43 MiB | Viewed 9298 times ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 7:18 pm 

Al ~
Thanks for going and representing us! But you're wrong; there were actually FOUR CTZCC members there: You, Paul, ZCCR President John Taddonio, and car #6 owner Doc Robbins :wink:

You were in good company, brother.
(and THANKS for not letting them lose you!)

Post subject: awe
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 7:36 pm 

Frank

I stand corrected,but no less in awe of the experience...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:14 am 

I knew we should of put that seat belt back in the Z. :wink: I got the same pic of the orange Z going down the hi-way too, how about that. :D What a bunch of nice Z's, a moment to chearish. :D

Post subject: What a BLAST!
PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:01 pm 

So glad that our brothers and sisters from CT enjoyed the experience. It was a great time had by all! Pics are posted in our website gallery at www.zccr.net

NEXT YEAR, set aside the last weekend in July (date pending) for another ZCCR ALL JAPANESE CLASSIC CAR WEEKEND. In the works are laps at Watkins Glen for participants! You heard me right, laps at the historic Watkins Glen International. The three days will again consist of a Friday eventing kickoff party, Saturday HUGE All Japanese Car Show, a Saturday night dinner at a fine establishment and a Sunday morning road rally to the Glen.

Spread the word! We want more of you to join us! Rest assured, it will be well worth it! :D

1984 300ZXT
zcarnut@hotmail.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:14 am 

John, I had a great time from the moment I arrived. I knew no one, but in time knew all, by face of course, and the Z they had, names are another journey. I highly encourage ctzcc members to make it to the one next year. I forgot how beautiful Watkins Glen is, as thats the way I drove back, so I can't wait. I'm already planning. :D So again, thank you for such an inviting event, and what a great club you have, with a great bunch of people.....hey, just like our club. :D The journey on Sunday was the best part, I still get goose bumps looking at my private pictures, this was a Z mans journey of a lifetime. (and after finally catching up to all the Z cars, :shock: that Bay Burger was awesome) So until next time........"Enjoy the Ride" ps.......hope some of the zccr members can make the Lime Rock event tomorrow.......I'll be there in something a little faster than my truck. :lol: "Z" forever, Paul.

Attachments:
HPIM2996.JPG
HPIM2996.JPG [ 251.36 KiB | Viewed 9237 times ]