Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Forums

Username:  
Password:  
Log me on automatically each visit
Register 
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:07 am
Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Discussion Forums   
If you have trouble logging in or encounter any issues, please send an email to webmaster@ctzcc.com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:44 am 

Our next club meeting will be held on Wednesday July 8th from 7:00pm to 9:00pm at a location to be determined.

As always, I am looking for volunteers to present at this meeting. Do you have an area of interest that you would like to share?

A restoration?
Z advertising / brochures?
Z commercials?
Upgrades / modifications to your car?
Historical information on the Z?
Stories of divorces related to your obsession with a Z?

We strive to make each meeting unique, informative and fun. To accomplish this, we need particiaption from our membership.

If you have a topic that you would like to present, please e-mail me at ross@ctzcc.com.

Thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 8:41 am 

Ross has once again secured a new venue for our monthly meeting. This will be our first meeting in a Restaurant. Nino's has a nice section off to the side where we can meet, socialize, present, and enjoy some good food.

Join us this Wednesday July 8th at 7:00pm
Nino's Trattoria Italian Restaurant
91 Scott Road, Waterbury, CT 06705

( 203-757-9490 ).

During this meeting Rich Amatulli of RDZ Engineering (http://www.rdz300.com) will present a brief history of the 300zx, how it continued the Datsun/Nissan legend and how with some maintenance and a few upgrades, it is still at the forefront of performance even when compared to today's cars. Rich will also discuss the most frequent maintenance issues common to the 300ZX's and how to check for and resolve them.

Feel free to arrive early and enjoy a great Italian meal. Frank and I have been to Nino's for CART's monthly meeting and had a great time. I'll get there just before 6pm for a quick bite.

1976 Porsche 912E. #163 of 2200 - SOLD (3 years owned)
2018 BMW 330i GT xdrive daily driver
2004 BMW Z4 3.0i ….it is a Z

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 10:00 am 

Thanks Keith. Also, if you can't arrive early, we will be serving pizza at around 8:00pm. Meeting starts at 7:00pm. Be there!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 12:45 pm 

An enjoyable part of the monthly meetings involves milling about the Z's out in the parking lot before the official start of the meeting. Will there be a place to hang out if we bring our Z's?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 3:29 pm 

Yes. Nino's has an "L" shaped parkinglot large enough for busses or tractor trailers or 40 CART cars. Surely we can find a safe corner to park the Zs in.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 12:16 pm 

Hi Ross,

One of these meetings I wouldn't mind giving a summary of the Z vintage race project. However is is probably too late for me to put much together for this week. Are you still looking for people to present?

One way or another I'll be there on Wed.!

Tim

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:24 pm 

I'd love to hear that!

You've been working on this car for months now, and every time we see a picture of it, it looks closer to being a racecar.

I wanna hear about the fuel cell and what you had to do to the front end.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:35 pm 

Well, this month's meeting was really enjoyable for me. We picked the biggest part of the parkinglot and sort of "reserved" it. It just kept filling up with more and more Z cars as the pre-meeting minutes went on. We saw some members who haddn't been heard from since last October's Fall Outing, which simply goes to prove that PreZident Ross' theory was correct ~ it's better to move these meetings around the state to make them accessible to everyone.

Nino's Trattoria Restaurant proved to be tremendous piZZa cooks, too:shock: Who knew??? We got about 30 members all stuffing their faces and going back to the buffet-style piZZa table repeatedly. We ALMOST had "too much" piZZa. When everyone had stuffed themselves so they couldn't eat another slice, we started the meeting.

For the first time in recorded Club history, Ross' trusty overhead projector stalled on the starting line. The projector bulb blew so we had no slide show. No sweat ~ we improviZed and overcame.

When you don't have a picture, you have to use 1,000 words ~ so we did!

Keith announced the winner of this month's Photo Assignment ~ Chris C in his all-business 280Z. Chris won some CTZCC merchandiZe for his imaginative photo of his pumpkin and black 280, parked at the corner of a spooky, deserted industrial bldg.

Keith introduced a great new MerchandiZe idea to our lineup of high quality Z items ~ personaliZed collage and cameo wall picture frames, featuring your individual Z cars. Each one has a quality glass covered wooden frame (oak?), a quality matte boarder insert, a cut-out showcase for the car photo, and the CTZCC logo emblem above an engraved plaque. Keith will display photos of them here in the Forums. Many were sold on the introductory night! All proceeds go to the Club kitty to help finance future events (and more piZZa!).

One of our most-loyal sponsors, RDZ (Research & Development for the Z) gave a really good overall introduction to the Z32 series of Nissan cars. Rich encapsulated the history of the cars, including how they differ from previous generations, how advanced they were for their day, and what a smashing success they were when introduced. Fifteen years on, their timeless styling continues to wear well in today's market, but certain systems on the car are beginning to fail due to age. In less than 20 minutes, Rich managed to list the major systems on the car which can be expected to begin deteriorating, and the simple preventive steps necessary to keep these beautiful carz safe and performing ahead of contemporary GT cars. It was a fascinating presentation from an expert, spoken in language any layman could understand. I learned more about the incredible Z32 in that 20 minutes than I had ever known before.

Ross explained the upcoming Rochester Z Car Club ExtravaganZa next weekend, and invited all CTZCC members to attend. (I already have my reservations). Attendees of this event will get to zee Bob Sharp's original 240Z racecar (HLS30-00006) in person. This was the famous "Toronto Car Show" Z car which was damaged when the model sat on the roof. It was considered "destroyed" and given to a youngster named Bob Sharp in Wilton CT, "to see if it could win any races". Sharp pushed the car to title after national title, and blaZed an indelible name for the Datsun 240Z into the automotive history books forever.

After the meeting the parking lot became a second meeting place! So many Z stories were swapped, I've lost count. Parts were exchanged, cars were examined, technical questions asked, answers and explanations were returned. The CTZCC Store even re-opened briefly for a Moonlight Madness last-minute sale!

It was creeping up on 11PM when the last of us finally said goodbye and reluctantly pulled out of the parking lot. The procession of Z cars of every generation, gleaming under the light of the full moon, made me smile.

Every meeting of this Club makes me eager for the next month.

Z ya then~
Frank

Last edited by Frank T on Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:49 pm 

Another great Z evening, thank you all, pictures will be uploaded tomorrow night!!

Phil

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 7:38 am 

Thanks for the "play-by-play" Frank. It was another great meeting with some new faces. We even met our only Infinity G-35 member (Mark and his son Jeff). Pizza was great and it was a beautiful evening outside.

Thanks go to Rich and Keith for improvising without a projector and to Phil, Jim, Frank and everyone else that contributes to these meetings in one way or another!

Our next meeting may mark the debut of a long-awaited and highly anticipated Z car (Frank's) and everyone will hopefully see my new set of wheels on my 280Z.

Z you soon! Ross

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 8:23 am 
Site Admin

Last night's meeting was a blast - thank you to everyone, especially Rich, who made it a perfect evening.

I, too, am looking forward to the debut of Frank's Z...may I humbly suggest that we ask Frank to be our featured presenter at the next meeting to speak about his Z's history and rebuild?

What say you, Frank?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:08 am 

Well, I'm planning a cross-country trip to shake the Z down when I get it released from Z prison, but if I'm here and the Z's here on 12Aug, then AYE!

You'd better fix an electric dog collar to me before I start talking tho, so you can ZAP me when I've taken enough time. There's a LOT I have to say about my car and once you get me started, it'll be like trying to stop a downhill train. :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:21 am 

Thanks everyone who bought some CTZCC items and helped support the club and pay for the Pizza last night.

Look for some of the new CTZCC store items I talked about soon.

Don't forget to check the Upcoming Events forum often for things to do with your Z....

1976 Porsche 912E. #163 of 2200 - SOLD (3 years owned)
2018 BMW 330i GT xdrive daily driver
2004 BMW Z4 3.0i ….it is a Z

Post subject: Thanks again
PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:35 pm 

I had a great time ! It was unfortunate I couldnt stay for the meeting . Always ablast socializing in the parking lot. Sounds like everyone enjoyed it !
Thanks again
Mike

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:53 am 

Finally got the pictures uploaded. Sorry for the delay. Again, thanks for a great time!!

http://picasaweb.google.com/phil280zxt/ ... 5074422450

Phil