Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Forums

Username:  
Password:  
Log me on automatically each visit
Register 
It is currently Mon May 06, 2024 11:48 am
Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Discussion Forums   
If you have trouble logging in or encounter any issues, please send an email to webmaster@ctzcc.com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
  Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:51 pm 

thanks everyone for the welcomes, and i hope that i will be able to attend the meetin this wednesday (the 8th) and see how everything works out. And thanks for that CART link, that deff. helped and so now i just need to sign up and that is everything i will need to do to be able to do cart events? besides paying the $25 on the day of of how ever it might cost. I hope there is one coming up, I am very excited in trying it out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:24 pm 

Gotta have a brain bucket less than 10 years old.

Mine was new in the 1960s (shortly after the dinosaurs died, when radio was AM and TV was black and white and had rabbit ears, when CABLE was a steel rope and MICROWAVE was a very calm beach). It looks like it belonged to Graham Hill or Stirling Moss.

I just priced new ones ~ :shock: ~ they were ON SALE (?) at $450! :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:07 am 

If you arrive at tonight's meeting late and the lot is full, I am told that there is office space parking across the street. Ross

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:19 pm 

The 280Z Turbo Ship has been updated with GPS and pointed towards the curvy backroads of CT. Clive and I will be there in my Z....if this snow stuff stops falling! :shock: Otherwise, it will be the WRX.

As for the CART autocross, I am sure I can beat the laptimes of the timing trailer!

Dave

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:29 pm 

Frank T wrote:
Gotta have a brain bucket less than 10 years old.

Mine was new in the 1960s (shortly after the dinosaurs died, when radio was AM and TV was black and white and had rabbit ears, when CABLE was a steel rope and MICROWAVE was a very calm beach). It looks like it belonged to Graham Hill or Stirling Moss.

I just priced new ones ~ :shock: ~ they were ON SALE (?) at $450! :roll:

Frank, I bought a new G-Force car racing helmet a bout five years ago for $199. It met all current (at the time) regulations.

Prices went up but here it is: (top of the list)
http://www.rallysport.ca/safety/helmets.htm#gforce

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:18 pm 

awwwww maaaaannn, guys i work 2nd shift =/ :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:26 pm 

Well, the Monthly Meetings for this Club just get better and better. I've been to each of them since I joined and a lot of them stand out in my mind, but tonight's meeting was like a big, friendly party!

We had a great turn-out ~ I would estimate at least 50 members ~ from CT, RI, NY and NJ. And we got to meet some of our newest-joins, which is always a great feeling. New brothers and sisters for our growing family.

This was my first visit to THE GARAGE, but I learned that name was only a term of endearment. The immaculate facility was a GREAT place to hold our meeting! The lower floor was a drive-thru 5-bay showroom with mirrored walls, display-quality overhead lighting, and spotless, painted floors. The top floor was a carpeted and residentially-appointed mini-auditorium with sound booth, descending movie screen and velour curtain backdrops. A corporate-sized dining room and adjoining kitchenette made everyone feel right at home. As always, the pizza and soda came at the right time.

Due to the great numbers of new joins, PreZident Ross gave another Power-Point presentation about who we are and where we're going this year. CART-CT sent their President (Bob Doiron) and Activities Director (Liam Dwyer, who is also a new CTZCC member) to give us a very informative presentation on CART; Bob Sharp gave us a too-brief presentation on racing fundamentals and common sense driving to stay alive, and revealed EXCITING NEWS that he has built a dazzling 240Z GT/U race car replica of his winning 1970-80s car! Our Events Director Keith Hultmark outlined some of the exciting activities we have planned this year to keep the Membership's interest. CART's in-car camera films of racing at Lime Rock played on the big screen during their presentation (In the audience, I watched Bob Sharp sub-consciously 'heel-and-toe' as the camera approached each turn).

Downstairs in the showroom, Bob Sharp gave spectators a thrill with his new GT-R, PreZident Ross displayed his beautiful GT-33, Liam showed off his all-business NISMO 350Z, and new member Os proudly gave most of us our first look at the magnificent new 370Z. It stole the show!

Os, I'm calling you "OZ" from now on, because that beautiful new 370 has earned you a "Z" in your name!:wink: OK?

Some car partz got exchanged, Bob Sharp was ever-generous with his autographs, new friendships were formed and old ones renewed.

Just like every other meeting, it was hard to leave when it was officially over. It's been a long hard Winter and many of us haven't seen each other for a few months. Family Reunions are hard to walk away from.

Thanks Ross, for finding such a great meeting place, and for forming such a tremendously fun and friendly Club.

NOBODY's GOT IT BETTER THAN WE DO!

Z Ya ~
Frank T
MbrshpDir,
Best Z Club in America

Last edited by Frank T on Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:11 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:51 pm 

As usual, I had a great time last night!! A very pleasant evening spent with Z friends, good food and drink and beautiful Z's!

Here are some pictures I managed to snap between conversations....

http://picasaweb.google.com/phil280zxt/ ... #slideshow

Phil

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:51 am 

Phil,
Great pictures. Thanks! Ross

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:08 am 

Was a great first meeting for me, was worth the drive, I could of stayed for hours on end but then the drive home, uggg. The Z talk was priceless, and I can't get enough of it. If you love Z's, this is the place to be, and the club to be in. Thanks to good people like Ross for making this happen, Frank your humor is all we need,but great thanks to you, Keith for my wardrobe is getting bigger and better, Phil to see what great fun we have, Jim for keeping us connected, and can't forget Bob that realy keeps the Z spirit alive in us, ect......and especially for all the club members that make this play out. "Enjoy the Ride" :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:46 am 

It was great to see you, Paul! Thanks for making such a long trip from Rhode Island! I hope you teamed-up with Robin either coming or going back to RI. You guys should have received the "no priZe" for Driven Greatest Distance!

We pulled in new guys from New Jersey to check us out, too! (Now, if they'll only JOIN us, we'll be happier!) It was really good to meet all the new 'voices' from Eastern CT, so we could put a face to the guys we've met on this website, and they arrived in some very nice Zs! Even Clive came in from NY, and you could tell he was 'antsy' about not having his EVILZ ready yet, but he sure arrived in style anyway!

You suffer from the same problem I have ~ I can't leave these meetings when they're done! :lol: Some of the best times I've had with this Club have been AFTER the meeting, with 30 of us gathered around Bob Sharp in the parkinglot, feeding mosquitos and exchanging fantasies about becoming the next world champion Z racers. Ha! Middle-aged fantasies!

If you study Phil's pictures, you see constantly changing little groups of guys and gals all exchanging smiles and information throughout the event. If you see anybody alone, he's usually inspecting the engine bay of somebody's Z, or walking toward another group. The social aspect of this Club is priceless.

One of the most profound moments of this meeting for me involved Ross.
Oz let him strap into the new 370Z. With all the confusion and laughter and noise going on around him, Ross seemed to drift off into another private world. I was standing maybe 10ft away, watching him. At one point he looked up and gave me the broadest, happiest grin I've ever seen on him. He didn't say anything, but he didn't have to. His eyes said he wants one, NOW.

Next meeting location will be announced. This year we have become a Traveling Road Show, but more members can have a chance of attending the weeknight meetings that way. I'm really looking forward to getting up near the Hartford area, so we can get Dave Russell and some of those local members into the meeting.

It's funny, Paul ~ when we met at Old Saybrook last month you couldn't make it! This month you drive across two states to see us! :lol:

Frank

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 12:57 pm 

Bob and I had a great time. The meeting location was great, we were both highly impressed with the organization of your club.
Frank I felt out of place parking my car in the garage, but thank you.
It was truly a pleasure to meet Bob and the z community.
I mentioned to my girlfriend a few months ago back before Mr. Newman passed, that there were 3 people I wish I could (have) meet: Steve McQueen, Paul Newman and Clint Eastwood. Just knowing that Bob new Mr. Newman personally, I can almost put a check mark next to the goal.
Bob, Frank, Keith, Ross, thank you all. We'll be z-ing more of you in the future.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:10 pm 

Thanks Frank. I think that grin related to the ability to feel welcome in anyone else's car in the club. Despite our passion, we can't each own every Z year and model. So the next best thing is to sit behind the wheel of someone else's ride for a moment in time. I am proud to say that I think we all feel comfortable and in fact even welcome other members sitting in our cars. I certainly do!

It's a great club. Ross

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:26 pm 

I wonder how a GT-R would do on an AutoX course? :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 8:55 am 

When I was in Hollwood last year, I got to watch McQueens motorcycle and leather jacket be auctioned off at the Piersons Auto Museum. (I think I even have a small video clip of it as well, with pics. somewhere's) Then I touched your Z car. :D So if that helps a little. :lol: and Frank, I even did the drive with my annoying vibration problem. I hope to have that fixed before the next long haul.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next