Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Forums

Username:  
Password:  
Log me on automatically each visit
Register 
It is currently Mon May 06, 2024 12:05 am
Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Discussion Forums   
If you have trouble logging in or encounter any issues, please send an email to webmaster@ctzcc.com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
  Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:48 pm 

i was hoping to show off my new ride but hey u never know

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:13 pm 

Ill make a attempt to come if i can get the day off which is a most likely and ill bring my z i guess :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 4:46 pm 

Hi everyone. I just returned from an afternoon at CART's (CT Autocross and Rally Team) "Members Only" autocross in Bristol, CT. I did not run my Z, but did ride along with CARTS's Membership Chair, and new CTZCC member, Nick Fandacone is his 350z. What a rush. Bob, Dana, Liam, and Nick really showed me what it is all about.

If you have any interest or desire to Autocross or Run your Z on a Track, you must come to our monthly meeting in New Canaan this coming Wednesday. All the CART Officers will be there to tell us about Autocross and Track Days. They are a friendly and Enthusiastic group of guys and will be available to answer any questions we might have and will have a DVD to show of some of thier events from last season.

Expected to join us from CART on Wednesday Evening:
Bob Doiron - President
Dana Robbins - Secretary and Track Day Enthusiast
Liam Dwyer - Activities Director (New CTZCC member w/Nismo 350z)
Nick Fandacone - Membership Chair (New CTZCC member w/350z)
**and a few others. Read up on CART at http://www.cartct.com

Whether or not we at CTZCC hold our own autocross or not, CART will encourage you to sign-up as individuals or invite us to sign up as group anytime. You'll learn more this coming Wednesday. Please don't miss it.

Z ya WedneZday!

Attachments:
File comment: Pre Event Walking the Course
Cart Walking the course.JPG
Cart Walking the course.JPG [ 68.16 KiB | Viewed 6371 times ]
File comment: State of the Art Timing Trailer. Mutliple Timing Display, Air Conditioned, PA System, 2-way Radios, Cone and Supplies storage, and broadcasts info anf d times over FM radio.
Cart timing Trailer.JPG
Cart timing Trailer.JPG [ 85.75 KiB | Viewed 6371 times ]
File comment: Notice the lap time disply upper right.
Cart Time Trailer side.JPG
Cart Time Trailer side.JPG [ 95.41 KiB | Viewed 6371 times ]
File comment: Cars cuing up to run.
Cart Cue.JPG
Cart Cue.JPG [ 89.27 KiB | Viewed 6371 times ]
File comment: Liam's Nismo 350Z
Cart Liam.JPG
Cart Liam.JPG [ 77.11 KiB | Viewed 6371 times ]
File comment: Nick's 350Z - He's very fast!
Cart Nick.JPG
Cart Nick.JPG [ 72.08 KiB | Viewed 6371 times ]

1976 Porsche 912E. #163 of 2200 - SOLD (3 years owned)
2018 BMW 330i GT xdrive daily driver
2004 BMW Z4 3.0i ….it is a Z

Last edited by Keith.H on Sun Apr 05, 2009 5:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 4:55 pm 

Thanks for the update Keith. Looks like a lot of fun! I can't wait to put my newly acquired Neon through the paces. Is there a category for fuel economy? Ross

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 6:08 pm 

Sorry Ross ~ according to their class rules, you wouldn't qualify to run in the Economy Class. Because your Neon has those mudflaps and has had the peeling paint on the trunk resprayed pink, you'll have to run in Modified.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 8:27 pm 

I really hope the weather holds out on wednesday. I really want to bring a Z. But, it really sounds like I need to show up either way. I have never autox'ed before and really want too.
I got to get more seat time and what better way to do it.
It sure beats doing 75mph to 135mph at the glen and wiping out into a wall.
Jim

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 8:52 pm 

Looks like you had an awesome day Keith, wish I could have joined you!!

Phil

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 9:26 pm 

Hey guys, im new to this site, but i am very excited to be apart of it, i have been apart of my350z.com for a while and just recently found out about this site. I am very interested in becoming a part of the group and hope to be able to make it to some meetings, the only part is that I am in a pool league and we play wednesday nights, so its a little conflicting with this schedule. But as i am new i would really like to make it to this next meet in New canaan, just not sure if im gonna get out of pool for the night. And i am interested in learning about autocross and all that racing stuff. 1 question though, can anyone that is a part of this group just show up to a meet or do i need to let someone know about me going to it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 10:01 pm 

Hey pman,
Glad to welcome you to the club and our web-site. You can show up at any of our meetings or gatherings unannounced. It's a very casual group. Hope we get to see you some time. One last thing - please register on the home page using the "Join our club" link. This will get you on our e-mail distribution list. Ross

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 10:10 pm 

Hey pman789 (name?)

I posted the meeting invite on My350Z.com

Anyone can participate in a CART Event. They are a club that has been doing autocross events for years, very successfully and safely. They have membership, however non-members can run too. All the information you need to know is on thier website. http://www.cartct.com

Our members were interested in autocross and track days so Frank our membership director hooked up with CART, and we will get involved with them as group of Z's by paying thier non-member fees to participate. They would be happy to have us run at thier events.

Hope you can make it on Wednesday it will be a good meeting. If not try to make one of Social Runs, Car Show , or Fall outing. Details on the "Schedule of Events" on the main page and "Upcoming Events" in this forum.

1976 Porsche 912E. #163 of 2200 - SOLD (3 years owned)
2018 BMW 330i GT xdrive daily driver
2004 BMW Z4 3.0i ….it is a Z

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 11:18 pm 

Welcome aboard, Pman!

I got your Membership application today and I will send you an eWelcome tomorrow. If you can escape the ball game Wednesday, we'll stuff you with free pizza and soda and introduce you to more Z-nutz than you can remember. Our meetings are informally structured and we generally have a lot of fun. We have more than 220 members in the CTZCC now, but a good monthly meeting brings together about 30-60 of them.

This winter has been long and boring, so I won't be surpriZed if we get larger attendance than usual this Wednesday. Plus, we expect to have our member Bob Sharp bring his GT-R for a technical walk-around, Liam from CART hopes to bring his NISMO AutoX racer, and our new member Os wants to bring his new 370Z for us to look over.

While most of us pray for nice weather so we can bring the carZ out, you can be excused for praying for rain to cancel ball practice or the game!

You can drive a Ford, a Chevy, or roller skates to the meeting if you need to ~ but this month, I wouldn't recommend arriving in a Dodge Neon :lol:

Hope to Z Ya there!
Frank T
MbrshpDir/CTZCC

Post subject: ill try to make it
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 2:00 pm 

me and my friend with another 300 are going to try and make it there tomarrow its about two hours away for us but the problem is im on probation for work and on call so if i get called in i have to go or i can lose my job but if i dont have to go in ill deffently be there with my friend. thanks jerry

nismo racing seats
k&n filter

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 2:23 pm 

Jimmy you better be there! :D

Dave and myself are coming in his Z so zya guyz tomorrow!

Ross, you told me to remind you next time I am coming around....something about a Bob Sharp poster to add to the collection. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:15 pm 

Reminder received. See you tomorrow Clive. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:21 pm 

Z ya tommorow.......if all goes well. I was already looking the Z over at work today and found the water pump leaking like a siv. (where am I going to get one, like NOW, I said to self.) Auto Zone saved me today, and it looked good quality, but time will tell.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next