Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Forums

Username:  
Password:  
Log me on automatically each visit
Register 
It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 5:55 pm
Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Discussion Forums   
If you have trouble logging in or encounter any issues, please send an email to webmaster@ctzcc.com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:42 am 

Mike Rosann made the suggestion, I am Stickying the Post and taking names.

Mike and I would like to invite all CTZCC members to join us to see if we can win the "Club Participation" award and perhaps grab a few individual awards to boot.

Here are some of the show details:
UConn Car Club 6th Annual Spring Car Show on Sunday, April 19, 2009

LOCATED:
W-Lot Parking Lot
Off of Storrs Rd. (Rt. 195)
UConn Storrs Campus
Storrs, CT 06269

TIMES
Gates open at 8:30am for vendors
Gates open at 9:30am for general public
Gate closes to participants when the lot capacity has been reached (~600 cars)
Registration closes promptly at 12:00pm or when the lot has reached its capacity
Various events occuring after the registration deadline
Voting ballots due in by 1:30pm
Trophies by 2:00-3:00pm

PRICE
FREE to spectate
$10 per car entered <---each of us pay individually

MORE DETAILS AT: http://www.uconncarclub.com./

Mike and I will come up with a meeting time and place just outside the show so we can all roll in together.

Thanks Mike for the suggestion and by the way you're in charge :lol: and right behind you on this one.

Please cut and paste this list and add your name:

1. Mike R - 300ZX
2. Keith H - 300ZX

1976 Porsche 912E. #163 of 2200 - SOLD (3 years owned)
2018 BMW 330i GT xdrive daily driver
2004 BMW Z4 3.0i ….it is a Z

Last edited by Keith.H on Sun Apr 19, 2009 2:13 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:44 am 

Hi Keith and the rest of CTZCC,

I'm a senior car club member here at UConn, and just want to really encourage you all to attend our show. As word spreads about the quality and pride we take in our annual event, the show seems to get better every year. We'd especially love to have a diverse / strong showing of Z cars at our spring show.

On a personal note, I have had my 350Z since 2004, and am interested in being a part of a new (to me) community. I will definitely check for club meetings and events to attend. Finishing school and looking for a job is taking up much of my time at the present moment, but I will definitely make the effort.

-Andrew

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:54 am 

Andrew,

Thanks for posting and please join our club officially on our main page and post photos of your Z in our members rides area.

Our Member, Mike Rosann, has been to your show and suggested we try to show up in numbers this year, so we are going to give it a shot.

Our next meeting is this Wednesday in New Canaan CT 7pm - 9pm. More information on this forum.

I also noticed a number of guys on my350Z.com are putting together a group. I will post on thier page to see if all the Z's can show up together.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:08 am 

Hi Andrew! Welcome! I'm very glad you found us and hope you decide you like us. On our Homepage, please press the "JOIN OUR CLUB" button. Filling out the strictly confidential information will put you among the 225+ other happy CT Z Club members - FREE - with Club discounts and regular email updates from our PreZident, Ross Williams.

This Spring we intend to begin photographing member's Z Cars for the Club Calendar, and will be searching the UConn area for suitable scenic locations to do that in. Hope you're available to have your car included when we get to that area.

Thanks for this info on the car show and THANK YOU for your interest in the CTZCC! There's enough fun in here for everyone and we all hope you join us.

Z Ya Soon ~
Frank T
Membership Director/CTZCC
(Frank@CTZCC.Com)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:43 pm 

Keith and fellow CTZCC attendees,

UC3 (UConn Car Club) encourages car clubs to arrive as closely as possible to when the gates open such that the members of the car club will be able to park in the same section as one another. There is no pre-registration necessary. I would strongly recommend arriving prior to the gates opening, just to be safe. Maybe a half hour early??? It should not be a problem keeping you all together if you are one of the first groups to get there (obviously).

Please Note: There will be another Z car club there looking to win the "Best Car Club" trophy (or second place plaque - if we are still going to do that this year). They came in second last year, behind CTSubie. They go by the name T350Gz, and they really want this trophy again. This is the Massachusetts-based club that I am no longer officially a part of, but still plan to attend some of their events this season because I am personal friends with at least two of them. They consist of 350Zs and Infiniti G35s, and have members in CT, MA, RI, and NY. Overall, they're a pretty nice group of guys, so it should be some healthy competition.

Here is the thread I started on My350Z organizing their club's appearance at the UConn Car Show. http://my350z.com/forum/north-east/4210 ... -19th.html As of now, they have 17+ cars.

I think last year UC3 gave out two awards for Best Car Club.I believe it was a 1st place trophy, and 2nd place plaque. CTSubie will most likely walk away with the first place trophy. The master post on the UC3 website only indicates one Best Club trophy, but I think CTZCC's aim should be to secure that second place plaque. Last I heard CTSubie is expecting 70 cars to show this year...yes....seventy. That's gonna be hard for anyone to compete with!!

If you have any questions about the upcoming show, post them in this thread and I will answer them for you.

-Andrew

Last edited by blackfairlady on Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:47 pm 

Official Master Post:

http://www.uconncarclub.com
uconncarclub@gmail.com

The UConn Car Club would like to invite you to be a part of our 6th Annual Spring Car Show, on Sunday, April 19th. Unfortunately this year we do not have an extra date set aside for rain. The show will be on no matter the weather.

What you need to know:

W-Lot Commuter Parking Lot on the Storrs Campus
Directly off Storrs Rd (rt. 195)
Storrs CT, 06269
(see map below)

Hours:
Gates open @ 9:30 am
Registration closes @ 12:00 pm
Gates close when the parking lot capacity has been reached
Trophies by 2:00-3:00 pm

Price:
Free to spectators
$10 dollars to show

Parking:
There will be no pre-registration. If your group would like to park together; arrive early and drive in together as a group. The first map attached below lists parking lots in the area and their locations so you can meet as a group before arriving at the show to drive in together.

Competitions/Events:
Loudest
We MAY have scales available to weigh and corner weight vehicles

Bragging Rights:
For those who have yet to see one of our shows, we tend to amass some of the greatest diversity of cars in one place. Anyone who has been to a previous show can attest there's something for everyone, including Classics, Domestics, Imports, Euros and even Supercars. All makes, models and price ranges of vehicles are welcome.

Trophies:
Classes are listed below. There will be a 1st place and runner up for each category. We are debating a 3rd place trophy as well due to the large number of entrants.

1980 and Newer:

Import FWD
Import RWD
Import AWD

Euro FWD
Euro RWD
Euro AWD

Supercar/Exotic Sports Car

Domestic Muscle
Domestic Tuner

Truck/SUV Street
Off Road

Supercar/Exotic Sports Cars

2/3 Wheelers

Pre-1980:

Original
Resto-Mod
Hot Rod

Specialty Awards:

Sleeper
Best Club (Quality)
Club Participation (Attendance)
UC3 Choice
Type R

Note: Best Club Participation Club Award goes to the club with the most participating members. Best Club Award will be awarded to the club that UC3 deems to have the highest quality entrants in respect to the quality of the cars and the attitude of its members. The Type R award goes to the most ridiculously modded car. Bring your cardboard body kits!

We Need Your Input:
Have any ideas for our show? Anything from previous shows you would like included or excluded? Any questions, concerns or comments for us? Please let us know! We have a forum setup on our website where you can discuss anything show related WITHOUT having to register. Just follow the link http://www.uconncarclub.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=18 and enter the password which is UC3. You can also find the planning forum at the top of our forum page http://www.uconncarclub.com/forum/. The only way to make our show better is from the input we get and we'll do our best to incorporate as many ideas as possible.

Other Mentionables:
- The parking lot has a maximum capacity of around 600 cars. Once the parking lot is full, THE GATES WILL BE CLOSED. No ifs, ands, or buts. Plan accordingly and it should not be a problem.
- Arrive with the people you want to park with. There will not be any room to leave empty parking spaces open. (see pics below for parking lots outside of the show that you can meet prior to arrival)
- Judging will be done by the attendees and will begin at exactly Noon. Those who arrive past Noon will not be allowed to register for judging.
- We will have porta-potties within the show as well as food and background music.

Sponsors/Vendors:
If you are interested in becoming a sponsor or vendor, please contact the club for further details by email at uconncarclub@gmail.com
Space is limited but arrangements can be made.

Please forward any further questions or comments also to uconncarclub@gmail.com

Thank you and we hope to see you there!
-UC3

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:48 pm 

looks like you beat me to it.

here is a quick preview of the specialty awards including best sleeper, best club (participation), best club (quality) and UC3 choice. just made them saturday.

Uconn car club president

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:43 pm 

I think my son's club, True Ride Racing, won that award a few years ago. I remember a similar trophy kicking around the house. I rained that day so the turnout was low.

Regards,
Phil

Last edited by phil280zxt on Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 11:09 pm 

phil280zxt wrote:
I think my son's club, True Ride Racing, won that award a few years ago. I remember a similar trophy kicking aropund the house. I rained that day so the turnout was low.

Regards,
Phil

Must have been two years ago. That was our last rained-out show.

Last year we had a rain date just in case that we didn't end up using.

This year, the University would only give us Sunday, the 19th, so it better not rain!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 2:15 pm 

this is a good time guys and I'm hoping to meet up and caravan in so let me know

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:39 pm 

After the meeting tonight we recruited a few more:

1. Mike R - 300ZX (Mike.Rosann)
2. Keith H - 300ZX (Keith.H)
3. Jason D - 350Z (lemanscar)
4. Al B - 240Z (allan71)

Add your name...Let's Go. I'll post meeting places and times soon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:19 pm 

I'll go see the show, but won't have a car to enter by then.

It was great to meet these guys, and they appeared to have a good time. They brought awesome Z cars and I admire that they drove completely across the state to make the meeting. Future meetings should be closer to you guys! Thanks for coming ~ it was great to meet you.

Z Ya~
Frank T
MbrshpDir
(Frank@CTZCC.Com)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 8:57 am 

I'd like to thank you guys for having us out and it was great meeting everyone. You all seem to have a real passion for these cars I know I'm looking foward to more in the future thanks again,Jason

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 9:11 am 

Passion, yes, then there is the insanely obsessed ones. :twisted: :lol: Good to meet everyone, and I hope I can make this show, so far, no plans that day. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 10:33 am 

Does any one know how far away it is from nyc. I am thinking about going. maybe take the family car(2+2 fairlady),
sounds like a great day