Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Forums

Username:  
Password:  
Log me on automatically each visit
Register 
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:26 pm
Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Discussion Forums   
If you have trouble logging in or encounter any issues, please send an email to webmaster@ctzcc.com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 7:05 am 

If you were not able to attend our annual car show last month, there is one more chance to attend a very similar event. On August 23rd the NJZCC is hosting their annual Z show in Bridgewater NJ. This is always a fun and very well-run event.

More information can be found at:
http://www.ctzcc.com/2008-NJZCCShow-form.pdf

It would be nice if we had a CTZCC presence at this show. I'll be attending and if anyone is interested in a caravan please respond to this post or PM me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 4:47 pm 

The message below is from NJZCC President Paul Riccioli:

This message is going to all Current and Past Z Car Club Members and Show Participants:

I wanted to give everyone an update on our 10th Annual Z Car Show. The Show is scheduled for Saturday, August 23rd. (In case of rain, the show will be moved to the following day). The show will be held at the Hilton Garden Inn in Bridgewater , NJ . See the attached flyer for additional details.

Once again Somerset Nissan is sponsoring us for this year's event. They have advertised this year's show in several newspapers so I'm hoping that we draw even more Zs to our show. In appreciation for Somerset Nissan's continued support, this year we are offering free registration to car owners who purchased their vehicles through Somerset Nissan. The car owners just need to bring some kind of proof that they purchased their car there.

We are expecting a large turn-out of cars for the show! We should be having cars coming in from several states including CT, PA, MD and NY. For those of you who are in the process of purchasing GTRs, we are also welcoming/allowing GTR?s to register for the show. We will put them into the Ultra Mod Class. This will be a Peoples Choice show, so we are stretching the rules a little!! Based on my latest conversation with Peter Riccardi (Events Coordinator), we will be expanding the number of car classes this year to differentiate between Stock and Street Modified.

We will be giving out goodie bags, and free Z T-Shirts to the 1st 75 people to register on the day of the show. We will also be running our car merchandise raffle again, an auction, possible 50/50, possible bocce contest, and a Z Knowledge Contest. Food will be available at the show.

Speaking of raffles and GTRs, rumor has it that we will be raffling off an opportunity for one lucky person to pull a hole shot with Dr Cs GTR!!!!

NOTE: This is only a rumor about the GTR Hole Shot which may have been started by me out at the White Rose Z Car Show this past Saturday, however it is nice to dream.

Registration for Z Show: $15.00
Raffle Ticket: $1.00
Hole Shot with Someone Else?s GTR: Priceless

Hope to see everyone at the Show!!!!

Paul R. Riccioli
NJZ Car Club - President

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 12:46 pm 

Latest message from Peter Riccardi, events coordinator for the NJZCC:

Get ready...It is show time!!!

August 23rd, 2008
Hilton Gardens Hotel
500Promenade Blvd.
Bridgewater, NJ
PH: 732-271-9030

It is shaping up to be a great show! We expect a very big turnout so try your best to get there early. Gates open at 9:00AM. Note: the rain date is August 24th. Please take note - if the weekend is an entire rain out, we will re-schedule in Sept./ Oct.

Couple of things I want to bring to your attention for next spring: We are in the process of changing our tee shirt design. The plan as of right now is to have a shirt for each Z car, i.e. Z 31, Z 32, 350Z, etc. Please be patient with us, a Z club member is designing the art work and has done some very impressive designs. Our target is to have them ready by the spring of 09 or, hopefully, sooner.

Also, this is long over due - many thanks to the Z32's, you have exceeded every other Z class every year in volume and really have awesome Z cars. Thanks to all of you Z32s!

Let's get into the show details: The first 75 cars entered will receive a free tee shirt and dash plaque. This year, again, there will be a people's choice, opposed to a judged show; we just don't have enough staff members to do a full blown judged show according the NZCA rules, as we've done in previous years. Trophies will be awarded 1st and 2nd place in stock and street modified in each Z class. Therefore, participants vote for your favorite car, please be fair about your vote. Especially in the. "Best of Show". In addition, we will have:
Goodie bags - lots of great items
Raffled items - are excellent
Bid items
Q & A session
50/50
Possible cash awards.
Food and soft drinks
Hotel facilities are great.

We hope to see all Z members, non-members and Tri-state clubs there. To quote our President, "To make our show a success, your participation is key." Also, we need a couple of volunteers to help out with a few things. Let us know if you are available. We'll need you there about 8:30AM. Thank you.

One last thing, this is a fun day, it doesn't matter what the condition of your car is just bring it and "enjoy the ride."

More info to follow..........

Please keep in mind that we've been sponsored by Somerset Nissan for the past few years and I know your patronage would be greatly appreciated by them.
Peter Riccardi
Events Coordinator
NJZCC

Post subject: NJ Z Show caravab
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 10:39 am 

Ross,

What time would you be leaving for the NJ show? I am hoping to make this event. My only conern is that my '71 Z is making some noises from the rear. It may be u-joints, but I haven't had a chance to inspect it carefully.

Regards,

John Kish

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 6:27 am 

From NJZCC Club President Paul Riccioli:

Note: This message is going out to present and past Z Car Club Members and Show Participants:

Well our 10th Annual New Jersey Z Car Show is less than one week away!! From a preparedness standpoint, everything seems to be going real well as we enter the home stretch. So here?s the challenge to all you Z people. Last year we had approximately 65 Cars that came out to our show. This year in celebration of our 10th Anniversary show, we are looking for 100 Cars. I know this seems like an ambitious goal, but it is achievable with your help. This year?s show has been advertised in several newspapers so we should pick up some additional cars as a result of this. Also,we have been corresponding with other Z clubs so we hope to pick up some additional people from out-of-state. Now, we have lots of people who are in the club who we seldom see, or club members from the past who dropped out of the club but still own there cars. Well we would love to see you and your car at this year?s show. So please join us for a day of great Z Cars; you won?t regret it!

Thanks; hope to see you at the Show!

Paul R. Riccioli
NJZ Car Club - President

Post subject: CARAVAN
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:34 am 

OK, several people have e-mailed me or posted about a caravan so here is a draft plan:

The Hilton in Bridgewater is about 100 miles from my home in Darien. It has taken me roughly 2 hours in my '78 280Z in the past. Since we will be going South and everyone except Barry lives North of me, I suggest we meet at my house at 7:00am sharp. I know that is early but, 1) you'll be driving your Z, 2) going to an excellent Z show and generally having an awesome day! Leaving at 7:00am will put us at the show at roiughly 9:30am including a stop to pick up Barry and allowing 15 minutes of cushion.

Stops/Timetable:

7:00-7:15am Meet at my house (please call if your going to be late)
97 Christie Hill Road, Darien

8:20-8:30am Stop at Tara Hotel (80/287 interchange)

9:30am Arrive at Hilton Gardens Bridgewater, NJ

If there are any other stops that people want us to make along the way, let me know. Also, if you are running late please call me at 201-966-9984 to let me know that you are on your way. Otherwise the pzarade leaves at the times above.

See you Saturday! Ross

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:28 pm 

I really, really, really would like to attend, but I've got almost a two hour drive just to get to your house Ross!! LOL I'm still giving it some consideration, but may end up meeting up with you guys at the show a little later. After all, aren't weekends to catch up on your beauty sleep!!

Regards,
Phil

Post subject: Tara 80/287
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:44 pm 

I'm planning on attending the NJ show this weekend and looking forward to 'catching some Zs' along the way, so I may try to catch your caravan at the Tara.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 8:10 am 

:lol: ("Catching some Zs") :lol:

Clever! I like that! :lol:
Frank

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 9:15 am 

Hey Guys,

After doing a little more research the Sheraton/Tara in Parsippany doesn't have real easy enter/exit for 287.
The Parsippany Hilton ("B" on the satellite image below) is far easier to get to and from for 287 so lets meet there.

Click for mapping and directions...