Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Forums

Username:  
Password:  
Log me on automatically each visit
Register 
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:22 pm
Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Discussion Forums   
If you have trouble logging in or encounter any issues, please send an email to webmaster@ctzcc.com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:13 pm 

Our next club event will be held this upcoming Saturday at Lime Rock Park in Lakeville, CT. This event will be led by our own Bob Sharp, who has a history of creating excitement at this venue. Bob will give a "mock" Racing Drivers School - as though each participant is training to become a professional race car driver. Lime Rock Park is approximately two miles West of intersection Rt. 7 and Rt. 112 in northwestern CT (ten miles before the MA border) – a great drive along the Housatonic River.

If you are planning to attend, please be there sharp (no pun intended) at 10:45am at the Chateau at the Top of the Infield Hill where our group will be given a short presentation of "The Club at Lime Rock". The CTZCC event will run from 11:00am to 2:00pm with lunch available (on your nickle) at the track restaurant. Events at the track on this day are: Ferrari Club from 9:00am - 1:00pm and the Lime Rock Club from 1:00pm - 5:00pm.

THERE IS NO FEE TO ENTER THE RACE TRACK BUT YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO SIGN A LEGAL RELEASE BY LIME ROCK PARK TO ENTER. Just tell them at the gate that you are there for a presentation on The Club at Lime Rock Park coordinated by Bob Sharp. Please drive safely - we want you to get there and back safely. Hope to see you there...

By the way – a testament to the old adage that “the apple doesn’t fall far from the tree”, Scott Sharp recently competed in and won the American Le Mans Northeast Grand Prix at Lime Rock Park on July 12th! Scott’s Patrón Highcroft Racing team, which included driver David Brabham passed Penske Racing’s Timo Bernhard with 90 seconds left to clinch the win. Congratulations Scott and proud father Bob!

Attachments:
New Picture.jpg
New Picture.jpg [ 39.51 KiB | Viewed 9963 times ]

Last edited by Ross.Williams on Mon Jul 21, 2008 10:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 10:36 pm 

Ross, any idea which one is Scott??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 10:45 pm 

Scott is the one next to the hot blond on the right. Had I won, I would have stood next to her as well!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 10:52 pm 

Yeah, if I had to choose that would be my spot too!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 6:54 am 

Nawwww ~ the tall, dusky chesnut brunette, far left, with the nice.....teeth. :roll:

Will they be attending our racing class this weekend? Somebody could tie them on a stick and dangle them in front of the windscreen to make us go faster. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:13 am 

I think this is one event I'll be able to make this summer. I'm sorry I missed the show...it sounded outstanding....wish I could've been two places at once.

My Dad and I saw Scott Sharp in practice/qualifying at Lime Rock on the 11th...it was a great day. The new track configuration really made for some great moments.

Also saw the elder Sharp in the paddock, and his GT-33 in the midway...along with the gray GT-33 #3 for sale....looked great!

Hopefully I will be up on Saturday for this one. Any chance they can sneak us out on the track for some lunchtime touring :lol:

Cheers,
Colin
1970 240z #11137
http://www.ctzcc.com/cgi-bin/album.pl?a ... lin.gentle

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:15 pm 

Sorry i'll be missing this one, Going to Raleigh NC on Fri and coming back on Tues.. Hopefully another Lime rock event will take place this season for the club......... Tom

Attachments:
100_0369-1.JPG
100_0369-1.JPG [ 82.29 KiB | Viewed 9913 times ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:24 pm 

Tom, don't forget to take your trophy with you to show off down there!

Sorry you won't make it to LRP with us ~ don't forget your way home...let us know when you're back.

Post subject: Lime Rock
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 5:45 pm 

Ross,
I have been to Lyme Rock many times, where exactly is the "Chateau" located?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:11 pm 

Good question. I have absolutely no idea! Bob gave me those directions so I'll blame him. Lime Rock is not that big so I'm sure we'll find eeach other. I'll get there a little early and hopefully the guy at the gate knows where the "chatteau". See you on Saturday. Ross

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 7:47 pm 

Hey guys. I would assume it's 1 of the 2 the buildings at the top of the hill in the infield...typically there's a row of Bimmers and Skip Barber cars parked in front of it...

If you hit the following google map satellite link, I would guess it's one of the two buildings just next to the 'Lime Rock Park' text.
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&g ... 1&t=h&z=17

Then again...the folks at the gate should know (=

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 4:27 pm 

Wow, another great Z day!! Lime Rock was certainly a car lover's heaven today!! Great drive up this morning, engaging conversation, a perspective of the course only a race driver can give you all topped off with a chance to drive my Z on a parade lap around the course!! No better way to spend a Saturday.

Thanks go out to Bob for making this experience possible!!

I'm already looking forward to the next club event

Phil

Last edited by phil280zxt on Sat Jul 26, 2008 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 5:08 pm 

Wow - I personally am not used to having this much fun! It was an unusual breezy and mild day for the end of July and a great day to be at this track, which is surrounded by rolling hills and open fields in northwestern CT.

This event was Bob Sharp’s baby and he did an awesome job of wringing every ounce of enjoyment out of the day for our club. First Bob arranged for the Manager of The Club at Lime Rock to give us a personal presentation of this club, which included a discussion of the new track and other benefits of membership. Next Bob gave a short presentation on racing basics and answered questions about the track and his career (and son Scott’s recent win at Lime Rock). We then broke for a track-side lunch and headed back to our cars for the main event - a parade lap around the course itself! Bob was the lead car and assigned me the responsibility of bringing up the rear. What can I say – it was only one lap, it wasn’t fast, I was the last car, but it will be remembered by me as one of the highlights of my summer. As we exited the track there were lots of folks mingling by their Porsches, Ferarris, etc. Almost all of them dropped what they were doing to look at our procession of Z’s – they were all smiling too.

Where else can you have this much fun for free? Thanks Bob!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 9:06 pm 

Finally got around to uploadimng today's pictures, enjoy.

http://picasaweb.google.com/phil280zxt/ ... 8218103778

Last edited by phil280zxt on Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 10:22 pm 

Wow, Phil ~ great slide show! That's the next-best thing to being there (which I couldn't be). Looked like a perfect day, and your shots of Bob Sharp were super! Some of the poses look like he could be describing a race, an aircraft dogfight, or selling real estate! Good turn out, and everyone was smiling. Your procession stretched the length of the false grid (but you guys were NOWHERE NEAR the apexes!)

The scary thing is, I'm starting to recognize most of the cars by owners' screen names!

It looked like a beautiful thing. Thanks #33, for putting yet another streamer on our club banner.

Frank T