Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Forums

Username:  
Password:  
Log me on automatically each visit
Register 
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:40 pm
Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Discussion Forums   
If you have trouble logging in or encounter any issues, please send an email to webmaster@ctzcc.com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 7:12 am 

and yes , i had the only 260 z .. hehe

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 9:55 am 

Yes Bob, and it was a beauty (altho you probably require HD rear shocks to carry your sound equipment in the rear deck!).

And how was it possible for us to both be in that tiny lot and not meet each other? You were on my list of seven people I wanted to meet, but you escaped detection! I got to see your car nearly a dozen times but you were either eating hotdogs or spilling soda into other contestants' cars :wink: so I never got to meet you! DANG. Nice car tho! Everything you told me about her appears true.

What did you think of our first attempt at a Z car show?

Frank T

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 11:43 am 

i had the best time ever it confermed that z car ppl are the best in the world , and i got to meet bob sharp and he signed my glove box door , it was well worth the 400 miles i drove round trip .. lol and i also think i won the most at the table . did you notice i bought new wheels ? i wanted to beat that other 260 that beat me in saratoga .. but he must have known lol . next time let the 260s be in there own class , we have very rare cars , and i could never compete against the beautiful green 280 , i last saw that car in the nj show in 2004 . i had a great time , you guys are great .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 11:52 am 

Likewise, I really enjoyed the day. Beautiful Z's and great Z folks!! Big thanks to Ross and his family. Putting on such a great event is alot of work, both for the organizer and those around him. I'm sure you slept well last night Ross!!

Thank you also to Nissan of Darien for their sponsorship!!

I've uploaded my pictures to the following link for those that did not get enough in person yesterday. I'm sure Jim will be updating the website soon.

http://picasaweb.google.com/phil280zxt/ ... 0349982466

Last edited by phil280zxt on Sat Aug 02, 2008 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 3:16 pm 

This was my first Z show and I had a great time seeing all those cars. It was fun meeting everyone and having Bob Sharp sign my #33 240z raffle prize . I was glad to see everything from daily drivers (me) to #1 Z's and all were welcome at the event . I thank those who put so much time and effort into the event and Darien Nissan for giving it a home . Jim

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 10:43 pm 

Phil, your photo gallery is tremendous ~ thank you for catching every car coming in the door! Just seeing all those great cars arriving from NJ and NY makes me want to go back and do it all over again. (But next time, can you make me look younger, pls?)

Z_Badguy, your car looked great, and the new wheels really set it off. Nobody can argue that the 260 is the least-seen Z cars on the road. We all salute our own Mike Englehardt for driving his 260 until something falls off, then he bolts it back together and runs it some more. He's out of the country this month or your 260 would have had company in the Paddock.

I again reflect on how fortunate we are to be a Z club instead of a Ferrari or Aston Martin club ~ our cars were affordable enough for the average working man to restore or modify to the degree he saw fit, and keep on the road for decades. How many cars do you think we would have seen if we were an AMOC or FCOA club? Maybe 6? 8? Certainly not 60! And even those Z cars which arrived NOT to be shown got attention, parked in the back lot! That's what I love about the Z cars and the people who drive them.

If we're not careful, this club could last forever.
:wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:14 am 

Thanks Ross and all the folks you listed in your "Thank Yous"

A very nice event with great people to spend the afternoon with. And to think I almost missed it.

See you all in October, if not before then!

Keith

1976 Porsche 912E. #163 of 2200 - SOLD (3 years owned)
2018 BMW 330i GT xdrive daily driver
2004 BMW Z4 3.0i ….it is a Z

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 10:52 am 

PS Ross ~
You owe Brenda dinner.
(Hotdogs don't count) :D

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:27 am 

It was are pleasure to be a part of the first show. Thanks again for letting us connect with so many wonderful Z enthusiasts .