Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Forums

Username:  
Password:  
Log me on automatically each visit
Register 
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:44 pm
Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Discussion Forums   
If you have trouble logging in or encounter any issues, please send an email to webmaster@ctzcc.com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 3:13 pm 

I love car shows, and go to every one I can. I especially love FREE car shows, but you tend to get what you pay for nowadays.

There is ONE BIG exception. There is NO BETTER FREE CAR SHOW IN CT than the one coming up THIS TUESDAY NIGHT in Middletown CT.

I have been to this one 3 of the past 4 years. I have walked for almost 4hrs each time, and NOT SEEN ALL THE CARS.

Middletown closes it's entire downtown district and parks cars along both curbs (angled in) and in two rows down the centerline of the street,, FOR ALMOST A MILE. There is a small park at the end of Main Street which they use for "overflow" cars, and it's always packed. Restaurants stay open and everyone has the warmest, friendliest "street festival" attitude I've seen north of the Carolinas.

See this link: www.middletowndowntown.com/calendar/DBD ... CruPos.pdf

Scroll down and examine the picture at the bottom of their add.
The picture could be from last year or the year before or the year before that.....it's always that packed with cars and people! 60s bands and DJs, commercial radio and TV crews, friendly cops (honest!) and good food, and nearly a thousand cars each year.

Among the favorites I saw there last year: Mercedes 300SLR, TVR 289 Griffith, Plymouth 413 Cross-Ram, Cobra Daytona Coupe, several 409 Chevys (love those cars), every year Corvette, Mustang and Camaro ever made, an AC Ace, and AC Bristol Aceca, a real 289 Cobra (which refused to park near the 25-30 Fake Snakes), 426 Super Stock Dodge, a few (real) NASCAR racers, a (then) new Lotus, a Rolls Silver Cloud (the real deal), two Maseratis, a few Ferraris, A Mopar Superbird (looked real),a whole clutch of little Morgans (including a 3-wheeler) and about 1/2 acre of old Mini Coopers. Those were just my favorites! I didn't see a single Z car in the whole meet, but I didn't get to see all of it, either.

The show starts at 5:00PM and ends at 9:00PM (when it's too dark to film anyway), and THEN all 700-800 cars fire up together and leave. (OH!)

Folks, if you miss this great FREE show, I don't have words to tell you how sorry you'll be.

Ask anyone else who has ever been there! In fact, LETS ASK:

HAS ANYONE ELSE BEEN TO THIS SHOW, and IF YOU WERE, DO YOU RECOMMEND IT TO YOUR FRIENDS?

I'll be there. Hope to Z you!
Frank