Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Forums

Username:  
Password:  
Log me on automatically each visit
Register 
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:51 am
Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Discussion Forums   
If you have trouble logging in or encounter any issues, please send an email to webmaster@ctzcc.com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 8:21 am 

I was almost completely lost during the April meeting! There were so many new faces it became difficult to meet everyone and remember who each one was.
For the May meeting next Wednesday, I intend to bring a bunch of those,
"HELLO, MY NAME IS" stickies.

Each of us can wear one, showing his/her CTZCC Website SCREEN NAME,
and the car we presently campaign ~ sort of like:

"HELLO! MY NAME IS
Frank T
1970 240z"

or

"HELLO! MY NAME IS
R SHARP
1960 Aston Martin DB4 GT Zagato"

or

"HELLO! MY NAME IS
R WILLIAMS
1976 AMC PACER"

javascript:emoticon(':lol:')

It should help us all put faces to screen names.
Please REMEMBER your screen name for the meeting! See Y'all there.

Frank T

Last edited by Frank T on Thu May 15, 2008 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 9:31 am 

Frank - thanks for suggesting these and bringing them to the meeting. I regretfully admit to relying on these tags on several occassions last night when people approached me whose names I should have remembered!

Post subject: 2nd Meeting
PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 11:40 am 

You're welcome, Ross,
and I just wanted to THANK YOU for yet another successful CTZCC meeting last night! I had such a good time it was only boarder-line legal! I guess I counted nearly 50 folks and over two dozen cars. There was a happy flurry of activity and everyone seemed warm and open to Q&A about their Z cars. Bryan Little gave GREAT information about his car and at the end of it all I found myself wishing we could lock the doors and keep everyone there until each of them had stood up and made similar presentations about their own Zs!
The name tags turned out to be a good idea, because we had several new faces this month. You kept everything rolling smoothly without any pressure and all I saw were smiles on everyone as they "schmooZed" with other members. New club photographer Phil Parent showed up toting a camera worth half the value of my car (!) and looked like he knew how to use it!
My biggest thrill was getting to finally put faces to some of the names on this website and seeing that GREAT collection of ZCars all parked in one place. For a too-short period I found myself in the 'Paddock' surrounded by half a dozen owners, all opening their hoods and showing off thousands of hours of loving work, dedicated accuracy and personal innovation (Who knew you could LOWER a 240 to 4" off the deck for ground effects??) And HEY!! Cfg240z has an actual original ANSA exhaust on his car, the sound of which I haven't heard since the 1980s ~ it's not duplicatable by any other exhaust system and they're no longer made. That flung me back to the days when I FIRST owned #02807. (Colin, if you ever wake up and find your pipes missing, I'm your prime suspect!)
I had several members corner me and offer to sell me an original jack, since I had recently advertised I needed one on this website. THAT's what a club is all about. And, as an aside, it struck me that Bryan Little could park his beautiful 240 on the showroom floor with the hood open and walk away without putting little signs on it saying, "PLEASE DON'T LEAN ON MY ALUMINUM FENDERS", because he was among family, and they already knew.....
Bob Sharp (as always!) gave a captivating presentation of the BSR Team championship racing years, and it was fun to hear the entire roomful of us "Oooo" and "Ahhhh" together with one voice as this-or-that car spun or flipped in the film, and then applaud together as Bob flew past the checkered flag to take (YET ANOTHER!) championship win. It remains an honor for me to be in the same room with this guy, and to hear his endless stories and humor about racing the Datsun cars.
Free food, free flicks, a stableful of Zs, racing heroes, a great sponsoring dealership that gives us discounts and a roomful of like-minded ZCar nuts; Life-Just-Don't-Get-No-Better-Than-That!
(Can we start having meetings every week?)
Thanks again, Ross, for everything you do to make this great club possible!
Z Ya later!
Frank

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 8:22 pm 

I have to agree with you 200% Frank. What a great evening!!! What an experience to be able to stand out on the parking lot until almost 10:00 PM conversing with Bob Sharp. What a great personality and always willing to share a story of two!! and a great salesman to boot!!

I agree that having a guest member provide an overview of their Z would be awesome, time permitting or course!!

See you next month, I personnally can't wait!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 6:39 pm 
Site Admin

Our last meeting also turned out to be an unscheduled Z car show! Weather-permitting, I'll be bring my ZX to the next meeting and I encourage everyone else to do the same.

Ross: perhaps you can ask all members who are bringing their Z's to park in the far parking lot - I think that lot has more room than the lot we used last time...

-Jim

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 7:51 pm 

Ya know, I took some hasty pictures of the cars in the Paddock, but I just can't figure out how to paste them into this thread.

Where's Phil? Is he on tonight? PHIL, I SAW YOU CARRYING THAT CAMERA DURING THE MEETING ~ ARE WE GONNA GET TO SEE SOME SHOTS OF THE CARS? I just know your pictures are better than mine.

We keep telling everyone how good the cars looked...we should give 'em a small sample.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 9:19 pm 

I've uploaded my pictures and Jim should be posting them anytime now.
At our get together last fall at Ross' house I took alot of photos, mostly of the cars. I noticed when they were posted that Ross' pictures were of the people in attendance. I came to the sudden realization that I need to focus on both components of our gatherings!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 9:31 pm 

Another enjoyable meeting. Frank, the name tags worked out very nicely.

Bob Sharp entertained as usual. Some more great stories in the parking lot after the doors were closed.

Thanks also to Bryan for your tech talk on your 240Z. Made me wish I had more mechanical confidence. I suspect I'll have an opportunity to learn more at future meetings.

The only down side was the two hour ride back to the Eastern End of CT Robert and I endured with the multiple I-95 construction spots. Next meet, It'll be the Merritt Pkwy, I-91, and Rte 80 to home.....

I second the idea to park in the bigger lot and have the chance to view all the member rides.

Til the next meet.

Keith

1976 Porsche 912E. #163 of 2200 - SOLD (3 years owned)
2018 BMW 330i GT xdrive daily driver
2004 BMW Z4 3.0i ….it is a Z

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 9:54 pm 

Yeah, I got stuck in those construction delays too. I forgot how much I missed driving a standard in stop and go traffic with a new heavy duty ACT clutch. LOL I thought my foot was going to cramp up a couple of times!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 3:34 pm 
Site Admin

phil280zxt wrote:
I've uploaded my pictures and Jim should be posting them anytime now.
At our get together last fall at Ross' house I took alot of photos, mostly of the cars. I noticed when they were posted that Ross' pictures were of the people in attendance. I came to the sudden realization that I need to focus on both components of our gatherings!!

Hi everyone:

I've updated our website so you can now view so of Phil's terrific photos from our meeting earlier this month at Nissan of Darien.

To view the photos, you can click this link: http://www.ctzcc.com/051408Meeting.html or go to our site's main page, and click the appropriate link under PAST EVENTS.

- Jim

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 3:57 pm 

Oh, YEAH!

Phil, you're hired!