Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Forums

Username:  
Password:  
Log me on automatically each visit
Register 
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:27 am
Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Discussion Forums   
If you have trouble logging in or encounter any issues, please send an email to webmaster@ctzcc.com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 5:04 pm 

Allen Brown and I have a tradition that goes back almost seven years now of getting together for coffee at Dunking Donuts in Wilton. We started these informal meetings when we jointly ran the Bob Sharp Z Car Club out of Wilton, CT. A lot has happened since those days seven years ago and the frequency of these get-togethers has sufferred tremendously. I recently graphed the meeting frequency against other life events and there seems to be a direct correlation with the arrival almost 5 years ago (for both of us) of our third child. Something about softball games and other weekend activities seems to have gotten in the way of getting the Z's out for a play date. Personally, my Z is furious about this situation.

So Allen and I are carving out some time from our weekend obligations to children and spouses to meet at the Dunkin Donuts in Wilton (on Rte. 7) for coffee on Sunday the 27th at 8:30am. Anyone is welcome to show up and shoot the breeze. We will most likely discuss upcoming events and how to implement a lottery system to choose from the flood of volunteers that have offerred to help with the July car show! :)

So if you have nothing else to do, feel free to join us! Ross

Last edited by Ross.Williams on Fri May 02, 2008 1:43 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject: Coffee at D/D
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 8:51 pm 

You pay for the coffee?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 9:27 pm 

Sure, I'll buy coffee since it's not Starbucks. Hope to see a few of you there. Ross

Post subject: Dunkin Donuts
PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 6:23 pm 

Where exactly is the Dunkin Donuts in Wilton?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 6:53 am 

Due to other commitments, Allen and I have had to change the time of our get-together on Sunday to 8:30am. I know that this is early, but think what a great start this will be to your day. By the time you get home, you will have had a nice outing in your favorite car, seen some other Z’s and be fueled up with coffee ready to take on the leisure activities of the rest of the day! If you cannot make this outing, there will be others.

Dunkin Donuts is located on Rte 7 in Wilton. Best route there is to take the Merrit or 95 North or South until you reach the Rte 7 connector. Head North on the connector until you come to a T. Make a right at the T and make a left at the bottom of the hill onto Rte 7. Dunkin Donuts will be ½ mile (?) or so on the left. There is a parking lot next door that is usually empty on Sundays.

Hope to see you there! Ross

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 10:41 am 

We had a good outing this morning. A little drizzle but not too bad. Seven people showed up which allowed us to sit at a couple tables and get to know each other better. Bob Sharp was there and we spent a little time exchanging ideas for upcoming meetings and other Z-gossip. It also gave me an opportunity to badger people about getting their photos uploaded onto our Member's Rides section! Unfortunately for me, most of the crowd that showed up this morning had already done so. Have you?????

Hope to see you all at our next coffee break. If anyone has a suggestion for a different location (in CT please), feel free to pass it along. We want to try to include some other folks that aren't located in SW CT.