Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Forums

Username:  
Password:  
Log me on automatically each visit
Register 
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:50 pm
Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Discussion Forums   
If you have trouble logging in or encounter any issues, please send an email to webmaster@ctzcc.com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 7:32 am 

If you weren't there, we had an excellent kick-off meeting last night with about 30 participants. The dealership was cleared of those pesky everyday cars and stocked with 350Z's for us to sit among and admire. Bob Sharp gave an excellent overview of his racing origins and later narrated a few films profiling his racing accomplishments from the early '70's. The hum of a vintage 16mm projector took many of us back to those early school days - until you realized you were watching classic racing footage of 240z's, 510's, Triumphs, Corvettes and other historic cars. Bill Steinmetz and his staff were on hand to welcome us, introduce us to their dealership and provide food and drinks. We even had Bruce Winterstrom in attendance. Bruce runs the annual Greenwich Concours d ' Elegance, which is a world renowned high-end car show that takes place in Greenwich, CT.

Thanks to everyone who participated and for those that didn't - hope to see you at our next meeting on May 14th! Ross

Last edited by Ross.Williams on Sat Apr 05, 2008 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 5:59 pm 
Site Admin

I think it's safe to say that everyone had a great time at the meeting. Bob Sharp provided the entertainment: sharing not only some classic 16mm film from his archives, but also many stories about his early days with racing and with Datsuns.

Also, because the club's membership has really grown a lot since we last met in October, it was also a great opportunity for us to meet many new faces.

Thanks go to you, Ross, to Bob Sharp, and to Nissan of Darien for making this first meeting such a special event. We're all looking forward to May 14...

- Jim

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 4:00 pm 

I think Jim hit the nail on the head :D

Post subject: April's meeting
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 8:34 pm 

Ross~

I had a really good time at the April meeting (my first), and was pleasantly surprised at the large number of members who showed up. The atmosphere was professional but fun, too. Meeting Bob Sharp was cool, but I most enjoyed just meeting and talking with that many other Z owners all in the same place.
You did a good job (and thnx for the chow). I'm really looking fwd to our next mtg, and seeing how many more members we can pack in there all at once.
(HEY! I know ~ let's ask them to let us meet in the PARTS DEPT, and when Bob Sharp turns out the lights to show his films.....)(Nawwww!)
I was torn btwn the food, flicks and conversation inside, and the great members' cars parked outside in the lot! I'd rather own some of the members' cars than the new ones there!
You're off to a great start this year Ross ~ and I'm looking fwd to having lots of fun in CTZCC. Thanks again.

Frank T