Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Forums

Username:  
Password:  
Log me on automatically each visit
Register 
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:47 am
Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Discussion Forums   
If you have trouble logging in or encounter any issues, please send an email to webmaster@ctzcc.com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Annual CTZCC Fall Outing
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 7:37 pm 

Well the rain held off and it was a spectacular day in Darien for our second annual Fall Z outing. We had 43 cars and 65 people in attendance!

Bob Sharp was the first one to arrive and I think his wrist was sore by the end of the day after siging posters, magazine articles, visors and a bunch of other stuff. It was great to have him in attendance and you could tell by the ever-present crowds surrounding him that people really enjoyed chatting with him informally. Bob Sharp also donated patches and postcards from his racing days, which we gave out along with the NISMO brochures and dash plaques.

We also had Bill Steinmetz show up in a very strange looking Z (kind-of looked like a Jaguar). We think he should enter it into the Ultra-modified category next year until we figure out what it is. Bill is the President of Nissan of Darien and was very generous to loan three cars to us for the day including a brand-new 350 Limited Edition Nismo Z. Thanks Bill!

Vinny Bedini blew his dipstick out of the engine compartment somewhere on the way down (must have been pushing that 510 pretty hard to do that!). Luckily I was able to give him a spare for the ride home.

Tony Carbonneau gets the award for the longest distance travelled. Drove down all the way from Maine - now that's committment!

There was lots of paint job envy and discussions with Jim Kinsella who painted several of the cars at the show.

We had five cars from NJ and thanks to Rey Martinez's girlfrient Carolina for volunterring to help with the cooking. She did a great job.

We even had a Datsun roadster show up later in the afternoon who apparently lives only about six doors down from me on the same street. Who knew?

Lot's of cars were slowing as they drove by - no doubt reminiscing about the days before their Z's all got replaced by minivans.

Anyway, we all had a blast and I thank everyone for coming. If you get a chance, let's get this web-site more active. Please post some pictures of your rides, respond to this post or add some posts to the forums, and let's use this site to stay better connected going forward.

By the way, this web-site was designed by Jim Hagani, who maintains it for us free of charge - thanks Jim!